Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like we don’t want to spend the summer waiting around for him to decide and potentially miss out on other targets for his position if we don’t get him, want to get it done asap

Looks like a good stand by the club. Sign up soon* or else we look at others.

The last 2 months has left the club holding a strong hand. Rodgers arrival could make us very attractive to players.

*Please sign up soon Youri. Please!!

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like we don’t want to spend the summer waiting around for him to decide and potentially miss out on other targets for his position if we don’t get him, want to get it done asap

From the Star article: 

“New Head of Recruitment Lee Congerton who only joined the Club a few days ago has been put straight on the case with a view to getting things tied up as quickly as possible”

• Sad 1

clearly the club want it done asap if they can agree on a deal, just give them the £40mil and Silva, they'll want a sell on clause too im guessing, i just hope we don put in a buy out clause,

Tielemans signing and the release of the new away shirts on the same day with him in them incoming if we do get him:ph34r:

They won't agree to Silva permanently whilst embroiled in a relegation battle. Best we could hope for would be £30m + Silva if they stay up or if they go down then £40m straight up. Have it pre-signed now, rather than wait these extra few weeks. 

image.png.df6fc16b56505aed8f74fb8b5e172055.png

Posted this in the other Tielemans thread ...    when specifically asked about wanting to stay here he gives a bit of a woolly answer ...    read into that what you will ...    :mellow:

Edited by Countryfox

Think he would like to stay in this league. With us? Not so sure. Trade off between game time versus "big" club I guess.

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

From the Star article: 

“New Head of Recruitment Lee Congerton who only joined the Club a few days ago has been put straight on the case with a view to getting things tied up as quickly as possible”

Nothing to do with Congerton, Congerton finds em, Rudkin does the actual business. 

Congerton is the new Macia, Rudkin will negotiate any deal. 

I remember we signed Maguire pretty early June. I think we also signed Madisson prrtty esrly as well. So don't rule out Tielemans signing a week into June.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think he would like to stay in this league. With us? Not so sure. Trade off between game time versus "big" club I guess.

Man Utd atm are a total shambles. Though he would get more money there and United are United, a big prestigious club. Arsenal could sign him if they offload a couple of their high earners like Mkhitaryan and Ozil.  Their midfield badly needs someone like Tielemans.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man Utd atm are a total shambles. Though he would get more money there and United are United, a big prestigious club. Arsenal could sign him if they offload a couple of their high earners like Mkhitaryan and Ozil.  Their midfield badly needs someone like Tielemans.

Think the threat to our hopes of signing Tielemans comes from one of the top 6 losing a player that he could replace. As you stated, Man Utd are a total crock at the moment, but they are still Man Utd. Arsenal also a bit lost, but are still a historic top 6 side. Tottenham, well, he would play there I think, especially is Eriksen goes. Man City, that would be just greedy.

Regardless of who he might replace in top 6, we need to show him how playing regularly for us can further his career more than risk a less certain future at a supposedly bigger club.

We could point to Drinkwater and Mahrez as recent premier league winners who don't play regularly. Even Kante is played out of his preferred position. 

Here he'd continue to progress, be showcased to the world playing the type of football he's good at, under a manager with a proven track record of mentoring youth, who willhelp him develop. 

Look at how many Leicester City youngsters are being talked about in the news each week and getting international call ups. 

And we've pundits and players (I'm looking at you Vincent Kompany) saying they think this side should break into the top six (or be very close) next season.

The future here is bright. His future here would be bright. The future is LCFC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I remember we signed Maguire pretty early June. I think we also signed Madisson prrtty esrly as well. So don't rule out Tielemans signing a week into June.

Ricardo Pereira transfer was agreed officially on 19th May, hopefully similar with Tielemans happens

Man utd being a shambles works against us as much as them being in a healthy position. He'd walk into that team right now, players will see Man Utd as an opportunity to start a new era for the club with them at the heart of it and right now a shit season for Man Utd is still finishing well clear of us.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

go for a better, more consistent player. He clearly doesn't want to play for us next season.

Probably right prof..   

DO YOU WANT TO STAY HERE ...         I DONT KNOW ...    something a little more positive would have been nice .. 

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

image.png.df6fc16b56505aed8f74fb8b5e172055.png

Posted this in the other Tielemans thread ...    when specifically asked about wanting to stay here he gives a bit of a woolly answer ...    read into that what you will ...    :mellow:

I read that as ‘no, unless a bigger club doesn’t come in for me”. 

He didn’t seem as integrated with the team in the post match stuff after Chelsea as I had expected. 

I'd love for Tielemans to sign permanently but I really hope our actions are decisive and we don't get strung along. I think if we're interested we need to put a realistic offer and package down on the table but be very clear that we want this tied up as soon as possible. 

If having done so either Monaco or the player are attempting to drag things out then I wouldn't complain if the club looked elsewhere. Yes, he seems to have fit in well and clearly has a great deal of ability but I'd rather we bring player's in early to start working on Brendan's system whilst building team cohesion. For the money we are looking at for Tielemans there will certainly be other player's in the market who we could consider I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, FIF said:

go for a better, more consistent player. He clearly doesn't want to play for us next season.

He's been one of our most consistent players since he arrived. 

Monaco's future is still up in the air so nothing can be done atm. 

Edited by Koke