Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

9 hours ago, Fox85 said:

This is going to be a long drawn out episode isn't it 

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Think it will either be done early or won’t happen at all

the french league finishes 25th may. Monaco’s fate cannot be sealed until the last day unless they have a big win and Caen have a big loss this weekend.  In the worst case event (timewise), if Monaco finish third bottom, they have a play off event against Ligue 2 third place. That’s over two legs !  

So if we have to wait for Monaco to know their situation before we can complete a Youri/adrien deal, then we could be into June!  any deal that doesn’t take this conundrum into account (ie. if silva is happy to play in league 2) will cost us more to conclude earlier as we would have to guarantee more of silva’s salary over the next two years. 

How long was Nicky Maynard’s thread .........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox85 said:

This is going to be a long drawn out episode isn't it 

Same as the Drinkwater / Silva saga and we ended up signing him 14 secs late, but I would have thought Rudkin would have learn't from that.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

the french league finishes 25th may. Monaco’s fate cannot be sealed until the last day unless they have a big win and Caen have a big loss this weekend.  In the worst case event (timewise), if Monaco finish third bottom, they have a play off event against Ligue 2 third place. That’s over two legs !  

So if we have to wait for Monaco to know their situation before we can complete a Youri/adrien deal, then we could be into June!  any deal that doesn’t take this conundrum into account (ie. if silva is happy to play in league 2) will cost us more to conclude earlier as we would have to guarantee more of silva’s salary over the next two years. 

I'm sure I'm right in saying that we couldn't officially sign him until June 9th anyway.... Isn't that when Fifa's TMS opens for foreign transfers?

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm sure I'm right in saying that we couldn't officially sign him until June 9th anyway.... Isn't that when Fifa's TMS opens for foreign transfers?

Yeah you are right, you can agree deals with players and clubs whenever you want to, like Ricardo last year was all agreed and announced on May 19th, but you have to wait until June 9th for him to officially move to the club

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

none of that matters.

Monaco will want the highest price for him that they can get - they certainly DON'T want to keep him. They'll let teams bid throughout the summer and take the most they can get.

no matter what some on here want to believe we are not a prize catch for any player. I'm still laughing about how many people are convincing themselves we have more pulling power than Manure. Youri doesn't mind which country he plays in - he'll prefer a champion's league team who are offering him big wages. We aren't even in the Europa league and we won't be offering big wages - in fact Everton and wolves would even offer more. He'll be at a higher ranked team in the prem or elsewhere just as long as they take the chance on him.

Our only advantage is that we believe he is better than he is (and that's certainly the case in our set-up) because he's had a few good games on loan. Other teams may actually look at his career as a whole and realise he's good with potential, but so are many other players. We get him if no "big" club makes an offer.

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

none of that matters.

Monaco will want the highest price for him that they can get - they certainly DON'T want to keep him. They'll let teams bid throughout the summer and take the most they can get.

no matter what some on here want to believe we are not a prize catch for any player. I'm still laughing about how many people are convincing themselves we have more pulling power than Manure. Youri doesn't mind which country he plays in - he'll prefer a champion's league team who are offering him big wages. We aren't even in the Europa league and we won't be offering big wages - in fact Everton and wolves would even offer more. He'll be at a higher ranked team in the prem or elsewhere just as long as they take the chance on him.

Our only advantage is that we believe he is better than he is (and that's certainly the case in our set-up) because he's had a few good games on loan. Other teams may actually look at his career as a whole and realise he's good with potential, but so are many other players. We get him if no "big" club makes an offer.

I take it you have given up all hope in this transfer season in the space of a day. #youmademefeelsadallover

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I take it you have given up all hope in this transfer season in the space of a day. #youmademefeelsadallover

:D

No. I just don't think that Youri is coming to us. We may as well go after James Rodriguez ! 

To be clear I hope that Youri does sign with us - and quickly - but I sure hope that the management have already been in touch with equal or better alternatives as they know it is an area of need and the liklihood of signng him permanently is low.

We couldn't sign him before the loan period, we tried but could only get a loan. That signing is far more difficult now.

23 minutes ago, FIF said:

none of that matters.

Think he has tried that with Monaco and that project failed. At 21 he has time on his side. What he has stated that he wants and needs is regular first team football. If he can achieve this for the next 3 years he can show piece his talents. Then, at 24 he will have the pick of most top Champions League clubs. That is why I think Leicester is a good option for him and am optimistic he will sign for us, unless Monaco price us out of the market. I get the feeling that he doesn't want to end up in the same predicament as he found himself in last year at Monaco.

Transfers from abroad can only be MADE OFFICIAL when the FIFA Transfer Matching System(TMS) opens on the 9th June, so nothing formal can happen prior to this date. A transfer can be agreed before this date between clubs but I wonder if Monaco will be busting a gut to get matters completed earlier if it can’t be made official until 9th June anyway

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You seem to be missing the point, nobody thinks we're a better "catch" than the likes of United, Chelsea, Man City etc etc. What we might be though is a better fit for players at a certain time in their career. You surely must have seen the wind change in terms of young talent now taking moves abroad to get game time, rather than being sat in the production line at big clubs playing a hand full of games a season if you're lucky.

Jumping too soon to a big club is starting to look detrimental to many players careers. We've positioned ourselves at just the right time, so that we're seen as a hotbed of young talent with a philosophy of trusting and putting faith in young players, giving them time to improve and grow.

Some players won't care, some players will still be drawn to the big clubs, some will have agents in their ears telling them to take the big money... others though, will put progression as a player and game time above those things. They'll take a smaller step rather than a big jump, so that in a few years time they've put themselves in a far better position to make a big move and nail down a spot in a big team, rather than just making up the numbers.

Maguire turned down Spurs for us, because he knew he'd be backup. He wanted game time and his stock has risen exactly as he hoped it would, to the point of being an England starter and being linked to most of the top 6 clubs. Sancho moved from the best team in the country because he saw his pathway blocked. Hudson-Odoi wanted out for the same reason at Chelsea.

They are the players we can and want to attract.

Plus, Monaco’s position in terms of whether or not they can engage in any kind of a part exchange/swap deal does have a bearing on any deal we may be proposing.

Plus, holding the position that we might be a more attractive offer than the bench of a big club is not naive.

Blanketly discounting the opinions of others gets people’s backs up. @FIF

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FIF said:

We couldn't sign him before the loan period, we tried but could only get a loan. That signing is far more difficult now.

Its all guesswork coming from the both of us... but

I think we wanted to take a more careful approach this time and loan him out to see how he does in the PL and the squad especially after our long list of failed crap... Musa/ Slimani.

Dont forget the value of Silva, they love him..

Edited by Simoken

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

long was Nicky Maynard’s thread .........

Jesus it's still going isn't it 

Edited by Fox85

I think it plays in to our hands that Monaco have seemingly gone from wanting to recoup what they paid for him to demanding £40m + for him. I think we are willing to pay that now as we have seen how essential he is to this team but some of the supposed bigger clubs that are being linked might not want to stretch that high, it all depends how much they want to build their teams around him. We always have the bonus of throwing Silva in to any deal too. FIF is kind of right in that we probably think he is better than what some other clubs think he is, they are wrong! The lad will be unbelievable in a few years, in fact he already is now for the level we want to aspire to be.

I don't see any team outside the PL paying the asking price, for teams to pay that price or more there has to be unbelievable hype about a player. So we are left competing with Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs realistically. Spurs might want him should Eriksen go, but until that happens I can't see them making a move. Man Utd, who knows what they are up to. They certainly would benefit from him, but they need to sort their defence first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

o if we have to wait for Monaco to know their situation before we can complete a Youri/adrien deal, then we could be into June!

Don't forget that clubs treat incoming transfers like movie trailers, tease you to increase a players value. im expecting JULY!!!

Staying up or not, Monaco would love a bidding war for an unwanted player.

Silva is irrelevant to this, and the waters will be further muddied if another upper PL team finds it requires a decent midfielder.

IMHO, why would Monaco rush? They will be happy to tell Youri this is where you need to go after getting the maximum coin.

Sure he has some say in the decision, but not as much as we might like I fancy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it plays in to our hands that Monaco have seemingly gone from wanting to recoup what they paid for him to demanding £40m + for him. I think we are willing to pay that now as we have seen how essential he is to this team but some of the supposed bigger clubs that are being linked might not want to stretch that high, it all depends how much they want to build their teams around him. We always have the bonus of throwing Silva in to any deal too. FIF is kind of right in that we probably think he is better than what some other clubs think he is, they are wrong! The lad will be unbelievable in a few years, in fact he already is now for the level we want to aspire to be.

I don't see any team outside the PL paying the asking price, for teams to pay that price or more there has to be unbelievable hype about a player. So we are left competing with Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs realistically. Spurs might want him should Eriksen go, but until that happens I can't see them making a move. Man Utd, who knows what they are up to. They certainly would benefit from him, but they need to sort their defence first.

I can't see anyone but Man U paying it, they are going to go into full on panic mode trying to buy up all the young talent around. For the rest £40m IMO is too much of a risk on a player they probably aren't 100% sure will improve them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can't see anyone but Man U paying it, they are going to go into full on panic mode trying to buy up all the young talent around. For the rest £40m IMO is too much of a risk on a player they probably aren't 100% sure will improve them.

Reports today say they think the asking price is too much! They should do us all a favour and grotesquely overpay for Maguire and then we'll return the favour with Monaco for Tielemans :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

Its all guesswork coming from the both of us... but

I think we wanted to take a more careful approach this time and loan him out to see how he does in the PL and the squad especially after our long list of failed crap... Musa/ Slimani.

Dont forget the value of Silva, they love him..

True. Guesswork is the fun of the off-season. 

I think he'd have stated that he'd like to play at Leicester if he really wanted to play here, it doesn't commit him but it makes the fans apply extra pressure - he actually said the opposite. But as you say we know nothing.

I thought that I read that Leicester made an offer (I think 30m) to buy him in January but it was rejected as they wanted 40m. It's a lot of money, but not mine, so I'd have them pay it. I just don't think that Monaco will be in a hurry to sell him. They'll want to try and get a couple of clubs bidding for him.

Silva is moreorless irrelevant. They can buy him if they want him regardless of the Tielemans situation. I think Leicester will jump at an offer from anyone for him. In fact it'd be in our interest if someone else made an offer and that put some pressure on Monaco to make a decision earlier rather than later.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Staying up or not, Monaco would love a bidding war for an unwanted player.

Silva is irrelevant to this, and the waters will be further muddied if another upper PL team finds it requires a decent midfielder.

IMHO, why would Monaco rush? They will be happy to tell Youri this is where you need to go after getting the maximum coin.

Sure he has some say in the decision, but not as much as we might like I fancy.

I agree with you completely.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You know no more than any of us though. If Youri is as good as we believe he is then more than Manure will be willing to pay 40m. There are at least 10 or 11 prem teams who can pay as much as we can and then there are the European teams in the CL with a far bigger pull than us. He could even go to Palace as a replacement for Zaha - and who'd have thought they'd even be in the prem let alone the conversation.

Your statement seems to be extolling how great he is and then saying he's possibly not good enough for other teams. Something is wrong there.