Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we don’t get Youri I hope we invest £50m. Mendez £20m & Grealish £30m (if Villa don’t go up)

Not sure what Grealish has done to warrant being worth £30m. His tally of 6 goals and 6 assists (?) aren’t anything special, especially in the championship. Watched him vs West Brom and he didn’t stand out. Opinions I know but I’m not sure he’s a top 10 premier league footballer. Huge downgrade imo & id hoped we’d sign better considering all this top 6 talk. 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

6 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Not sure what Grealish has done to warrant being worth £30m. His tally of 6 goals and 6 assists (?) aren’t anything special, especially in the championship. Watched him vs West Brom and he didn’t stand out. Opinions I know but I’m not sure he’s a top 10 premier league footballer. Huge downgrade imo & id hoped we’d sign better considering all this top 6 talk. 

Look at Villa’s win percentage with & without Grealish. He dictates games which to be honest in our new style of play him & Madders would thrive. I agree with regards to the price tag it is too much however he’s young & English, unfortunately that’s the going rate now. For me he’s worth £20m.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Like I said previously it’s the going rate. They wanted £40m last summer from Spurs lol 

Which is exactly why he’s had the chance to have a season in the championship. He’s not worth anything near that and at £20m he isn’t the player we need to justify that.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Sustainable" is the word they use over and over and over again, so I'd suggest no they aren't prepared to put their own money into the club. I'm sure they've seen that £50m can go in the blink of an eye in football if you buy crap. 

Read the latest statements....

Sort this out Leicester Tielemans is priority we need to get this lad lined up ASAFP either all this negative press is a smoke screen and it is on the cards or we’ve Royaly Fuched up by missing out on such a quality player ?

Putting Silva in with the sale how much would they Value him at and what Monaco truly want for Tielemans ?

SORT IT OUT BRENDAN !!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep.

As they quoted several times in the last financial statement. They're going for it now.

“We want to improve all aspects of the club to make the club sustainably successful for generations to come.” 

Also quoting the “sustainable” stuff again though at the end of the season.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

“We want to improve all aspects of the club to make the club sustainably successful for generations to come.” 

Also quoting the “sustainable” stuff again though at the end of the season.

Yep, new stuff though is the aim of the top 6 and they are not naive enough to think this wont happen without significant spend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep, new stuff though is the aim of the top 6 and they are not naive enough to think this wont happen without significant spend.

So many mixed signals this window I’ve found already. Rumours that we are cooling interest on Youri so we can invest elsewhere in the squad suggests to me that there isn’t as much funds as we originally expected. Yet anyone with inside knowledge is claiming we are gonna spend huge this summer.

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Dangerous but inevitable ambitions, alot of Clubs in the Premier League era have gotten to this point of being past 'established' and trying into trying to mix it with the big boys; Bolton, Villa, Leeds, Blackburn, Stoke & Pompey come to mind. Could say the only middling team which hasn't yoyo'd is Everton, somehow perennially between good/crap.

It's a challenging task is all I'm basically saying, many have fallen by the wayside on this path

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So many mixed signals this window I’ve found already. Rumours that we are cooling interest on Youri so we can invest elsewhere in the squad suggests to me that there isn’t as much funds as we originally expected. Yet anyone with inside knowledge is claiming we are gonna spend huge this summer.

yes - the best policy when looking for some value in the market is to tell everyone you have a pot full dosh and will spend it ........

• Thanks 1