Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

wonder if we are holding on because he has a relegation release clause? set fee if so?

Let's say there was a deal in place to pay Monaco X amount of money plus Adrien Silva for Tielemans, Monaco would probably only agree to the purchase of Silva as long as they stay up. If they get relegated they wouldn't be able to afford his wages and so he'd come out of the deal and we'd probably have to pay more as a result. So that could be a potential reason for a delay, as well as the French season not being over yet.

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I watched the Monaco game tonight (albeit with French commentators) and it looks like they are safe from relegation, thankfully.

I just hope to god they want to keep Adrian, because based on tonight's performance there is just no way he will cut it in the EPL. I feel bad for saying that and i had such high hopes for him but i just dont see it... no way he will cut it for LCFC next season and i struggle to think of any other PL club he would fit in either with his style of play :( 

My opinion ofc. 

Spot on Suzie. 

He's just far too lightweight for the EPL, that was obvious from day one really. 

Complete waste of time him coming back and not fair on him either as he's already lost a chunk of his playing career with the 14secgate fiasco. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Dats embarrassing... Babs.

Why is it?

I’m not criticising them one jot for it and never have. I’d prefer we didn’t spiral into huge debts chasing a pipe dream.

But every single summer i’m left having the same discussions when people think we are going to suddenly chuck a fortune at it, (which ultimately means them putting money in through shady sponsorship or the like) when there has been no signs of us doing so for about 6 years and all they ever talk about is basically standing on our own two feet.

That’s not to say at some point they might decide the time is right for another investment. But it shouldn’t be taken as a given, which people seem to expect each summer. Slagging the club off for perhaps walking away from £40m+ on one player etc.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why is it?

I’m not criticising them one jot for it and never have. I’d prefer we didn’t spiral into huge debts chasing a pipe dream.

But every single summer i’m left having the same discussions when people think we are going to suddenly chuck a fortune at it, (which ultimately means them putting money in through shady sponsorship or the like) when there has been no signs of us doing so for about 6 years and all they ever talk about is basically standing on our own two feet.

That’s not to say at some point they might decide the time is right for another investment. But it shouldn’t be taken as a given, which people seem to expect each summer. Slagging the club off for perhaps walking away from £40m+ on one player etc.

I don't get how fans can't understand the fairly basic principle of FFP and why we can't just " throw money " at it anymore. St Albans Fox does make a good point about the profits we made in recent years and how that could be used in future years as a surplus, I assume that's possible with FFP but I may now be contradicting myself and not knowing the basic principles of FFP!! ??

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't get how fans can't understand the fairly basic principle of FFP and why we can't just " throw money " at it anymore. St Albans Fox does make a good point about the profits we made in recent years and how that could be used in future years as a surplus, I assume that's possible with FFP but I may now be contradicting myself and not knowing the basic principles of FFP!! ??

I’ll have to give it another read, the prem’ ones are simple enough. The UEFA ones are a bit more complex and changing yearly in terms of allowable losses.

There is scope there to make an investment, but you are still pretty limited.

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A bit off topic, but I just want to say that personally I think it's good that Top doesn't just throw money at the club. Man City won 6-0 today, but it's IMO a hollow victory. Pay the best coach the most money and bankroll him with the best players money can buy = win trophies. That could be any club in the world and any city.

Our title win was one of the best moments in the history of all sports because of the way we did it. I am loving the new club strategy and seeing three academy graduates in Hamza, Barnes and Chilwell on the pitch at the same time as we tonked Arsenal 3-0 made me just so, so happy to see. When Barnes scored his first Leicester goal he went mental and I know that Hamza will be the same. That means a lot to me to see actual LCFC fans out representing us.   

I do think Top will reach into his bank balance at some point, because let's not forget that Vichai paid off all of LCFC's debts as soon as they brought the club. So there is a precedent for it happening as it's been done before. But I am fine with it not being done as long as the club reinvests profits back into the team and infrastructure to improve. And so far they have done it every year!

Super post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

According to the BBC In its current format, in the PL clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across three seasons, not including infrastructure improvement costs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47501423

Bearing in mind we have had a net spend of about £25-£30m in each of the last three seasons and still managed to report a pre tax profit.

So if the owner what to go big, there is room to do so, spending 100m net would probably see us lose around 70 million that season and would have in comparison to this season put us in the top 2 spenders.

If we are able to sign this lad.

You can almost guarantee more big names will want to play for Leicester.

Zyech would not be impossible either. Securing Tielemans could be a show of intent we need to push on.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If we are able to sign this lad.

You can almost guarantee more big names will want to play for Leicester.

Zyech would not be impossible either. Securing Tielemans could be a show of intent we need to push on.

Jesus imagine a front line of Madders, Youri, Ziyech, Barnes & Vardy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Jesus imagine a front line of Madders, Youri, Ziyech, Barnes & Vardy.

I know.

We would almost have the complete team.

Zyech would be hard to get but the more big name players we get and potential we have the higher chance we can sign players of his calibre 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I know.

We would almost have the complete team.

Zyech would be hard to get but the more big name players we get and potential we have the higher chance we can sign players of his calibre 

Even if it’s not specifically Ziyech someone of his calibre out wide aswell as signing Youri & a few additions to the squad to give us better options of the bench, imo you make top 6.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rob Tanner said a few weeks ago in his Q&A that FFP is not an issue for Leicester City or any Premier League club aside from Man City, where even then it is more complex than simply balancing the books. 40 million for a player, according to Tanner, will not affect FFP, even if we sell no one.

You have to separate the reasoning why Man City are being investigated. If you took their figures at face value, there’s no problem. It’s related to the football links articles and how it appears the money is sourced via sponsors of same ownership. 

15 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I watched the Monaco game tonight (albeit with French commentators) and it looks like they are safe from relegation, thankfully.

I just hope to god they want to keep Adrian, because based on tonight's performance there is just no way he will cut it in the EPL. I feel bad for saying that and i had such high hopes for him but i just dont see it... no way he will cut it for LCFC next season and i struggle to think of any other PL club he would fit in either with his style of play :( 

My opinion ofc. 

Did he play well that game?

Monaco staying up could mean good things as maybe they want Silva? But do they is the question. 

Edited by Koke

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Did he play well that game?

Monaco staying up could mean good things as maybe they want Silva? But do they is the question. 

He played fine and didn't make any glaring mistakes but its just such a different game... It just seems so slooooow. He is a a class player and looks like he is doing well there.. But for his sake and ours i hope they decide to keep him. 

• Like 4