Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

yes - the best policy when looking for some value in the market is to tell everyone you have a pot full dosh and will spend it ........

I’m talking about Journo’s who have inside Info are sending different vibes regarding are finances this summer. That’s got nothing to do with the club itself.

10 hours ago, brucey said:

We'd have to drop several players from Vardy/Barnes/Albrighton/Maddison to fit the triplets in, therefore losing more than 30 goals, unless we are allowed to field 14 players now.

3 Rondon's and we would be devastating on set pieces. :giggle:

The pressing would be a bit patchy, tho.

I was very confident about signing Youri until I heard what he said in an interview after Chelsea. I was surprised people on here were like "sounds promising" as if they were just hearing what they wanted to hear - he said all the stuff you'd expect "great club, positive place, yadayadayada" but the way he worded some of the answers seemed to me he had made his mind up and he was out of here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I was very confident about signing Youri until I heard what he said in an interview after Chelsea. I was surprised people on here were like "sounds promising" as if they were just hearing what they wanted to hear - he said all the stuff you'd expect "great club, positive place, yadayadayada" but the way he worded some of the answers seemed to me he had made his mind up and he was out of here. 

I thought that was Flemish for ‘I’m signing’ ?.

oh noooooooooooooooo

btw, he has always played a straight bat in interviews .......clever boy who has been told to make sure he doesn’t blot his copybook as he could rock up anywhere come August. 

I can see this is going to be a frustrating window...!!!

The transfer window for domestic deals opened on Thursday, May 16.

However, international transfers will not be possible until the FIFA international window opens on Thursday, June 11, although for contractual reasons many deals will not be technically completed until July 1 or later.

13 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Top is chucking his money in. 

F**k it, why not?

Could be fun...:D

We have a Top 6 premier league manager and some potential Top 6 players in our team already, so why not go for it, this is probably the best time. The likes of Manchester United and Arsenal and maybe Chelsea are places we can overtake, if we invest right.

If City are going to spend £40m or up on Tielemans, I bet they’re going to also want to offer a 5-year contract in order to amortize the cost of the transfer (seeing some of the “net spend” figures here is only half-helpful because football clubs don’t balance their books like that). 

• Like 1

I had a United supporting mate who messaged me saying he hopes they get Tielemans to solve their midfield crisis.

I said if he was so good, why didn't they get him in the first place. His response - well it's a risky move, it makes sense to let him go to a premier league club then offer money when he becomes good lol

The same mentality for most of the top 6 clubs sadly. Their scouting teams are stealing a living while they offer stupid amounts of cash for the in-form player any armchair fan could tell you was good. :rolleyes:

Also found it mildly amusing he talks as if United are lightyears ahead of us, when there's a strong chance we could finish ahead of them next season! :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Soyunco and Silva and cash for Youri? 

That’d be interesting!

Certainly. You would expect (hope) that we could add him to deal to reduce the outlay in terms of cash, especially for a player that is not getting time and we possibly could replace in terms of minutes from the development squad.

Get it done Rudders.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Journo’s are briefed ..........

most journos make shit up - then cover themselves by using words like "it appears that..", or "sources close to..." a source 'close to' is usually some tool  on the internet pretending to be ITK or pushing content on one of the many click bait sites.  Its all good fun for a football forum, but non of it is worth getting excited about, or believing its the clubs direction of travel until it comes from a credible source