Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

I do hope this is lazy journalism gutter bull? but this keeps raising its Fugly head more than often recently, but We're all hoping the club pulls out all the stops to bring Youri Tielemans in on a permanent transfer but this isn’t very positive if true ??

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/19/report-leicester-city-cooling-interest-in-spurs-linked-youri-tie/

Edited by justfoxes

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He played fine and didn't make any glaring mistakes but its just such a different game... It just seems so slooooow. He is a a class player and looks like he is doing well there.. But for his sake and ours i hope they decide to keep him. 

The opposition basically sit off you until you get into their final 3rd, it's ridiculously different

He no doubt has talent, just isn't suited to the prem sadly 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I do hope this is lazy journalism gutter bull? but this keeps raising its Fugly head more than often recently, but We're all hoping the club pulls out all the stops to bring Youri Tielemans in on a permanent transfer but this isn’t very positive if true ??

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/19/report-leicester-city-cooling-interest-in-spurs-linked-youri-tie/

Just a HITC rehash of the Telegraph posturing.

Shouldn’t worry too much... I’d have thought he’ll be a full time fox within the coming couple of weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Just a HITC rehash of the Telegraph posturing.

Shouldn’t worry too much... I’d have thought he’ll be a full time fox within the coming couple of weeks.

what an amazing day that would be.

On 18/05/2019 at 22:36, st albans fox said:

It’s been quoted in the french press - seems more than reasonable given his international profile and age and the way he adapted to the PL.   if he tells them that he will only leave for us then that would help lower the price but if he has a good agent, he will simply move anything below 40m into his s/o fee 

Sometimes you come out with such shit!

Quoted in the French press - do you believe everything you read in the daily star? He isn't wanted at Monaco, he didn't play well enough there, he helped put the team in the shit they are in. His wages are high (for a French team). You have no idea of the price they want or how badly they want rid.

Better to just wait a couple of months and all will become clear.

The win for Monaco was important as the final games of the season see them likely to lose whilst both Amiens and Caen have a good chance of winning - that would mean that Amiens would be safe and Caen or Monaco would be decided by GD. 

Quite amazing when you realise that Monaco are one of the big money teams in the French leagues - they are one of the big 3 - PSG, OL, Monaco account for over half of the non-trasnfer revenue in ligue 1.

I think we’ve learnt over previous years that hanging on the word of every article isn’t the way. He’s done well since he’s been here, so naturally he will generate interest from other clubs if he is unwanted by Monaco.... if the club genuinely want him, they will bid for him, things never happen quickly when we’re involved. If we offer the right amount and offer him the right amount I’m sure he will be happy to come back. 

On 17/05/2019 at 21:35, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So many mixed signals this window I’ve found already. Rumours that we are cooling interest on Youri so we can invest elsewhere in the squad suggests to me that there isn’t as much funds as we originally expected. Yet anyone with inside knowledge is claiming we are gonna spend huge this summer.

If you look at our activity since puel was appointed, the fact we took a loan to fund development work and we have to sell to buy in recent transfer windows and of course that we made just a million profit, then all this points to a sell to buy policy for the window.

The only one thing indicating otherwise is would have rodgers signed without a transfer budget from king power.  I expect there may be a budget but I dont think its huge, maybe 20-30 million at a push.  

I cannot see a complete U turn happening with us going all out to buy players.  I think they have decided they dont want a repeat of the spending that happened after the title win given how much of a failure musa, nacho, etc. were.  Those players may have worked out better if they werent forced in the team and allowed more development time, but it felt like we were looking for value right away and they kept been forced in the team whilst not helping the team, it was painful.

Edited by Chrysalis

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If you look at our activity since puel was appointed, the fact we took a loan to fund development work and we have to sell to buy in recent transfer windows and of course that we made just a million profit, then all this points to a sell to buy policy for the window.

The only one thing indicating otherwise is would have rodgers signed without a transfer budget from king power.  I expect there may be a budget but I dont think its huge, maybe 20-30 million at a push.  

I cannot see a complete U turn happening with us going all out to buy players.  I think they have decided they dont want a repeat of the spending that happened after the title win given how much of a failure musa, nacho, etc. were.  Those players may have worked out better if they werent forced in the team and allowed more development time, but it felt like we were looking for value right away and they kept been forced in the team whilst not helping the team, it was painful.

i keep seeing the development finance deal referenced as a reason why we cant afford to do anything, or as to why KP are not putting money in, when in reality a development finance package is simply the most efficient use of capital - nothing more. 

Why do you think Spurs borrowed to develop WHL, or Arsenal with The Emirates, rather than using cold hard cash in the bank? its the way absolutely EVERYTHING gets built, if you aren't being funded by a Sheik!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I don’t expect us to go all out to buy players no, but I don’t believe for one minute they’ve given BR £20-£30m not a chance, he wouldn’t leave Celtic & the chance to create history for one of the smallest budgets in the prem. BR would have been informed they seriously want to have a crack this year & are willing to invest to do so. I’m pretty sure BR stated that he’s more than willing to break our transfer record in order to bring quality in. For me that alone tells me that he’s been promised a lot of money early on.

Truth be told the club need to spend around £125m to create a squad capable of top 6 & that is before any potential outgoings imo;

£15m back up right back

£40m Youri

£20m back up number 8

£30m Sarr or another top quality winger

£20m back up striker. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

i keep seeing the development finance deal referenced as a reason why we cant afford to do anything, or as to why KP are not putting money in, when in reality a development finance package is simply the most efficient use of capital - nothing more. 

Why do you think Spurs borrowed to develop WHL, or Arsenal with The Emirates, rather than using cold hard cash in the bank? its the way absolutely EVERYTHING gets built, if you aren't being funded by a Sheik!

Exactly this, getting a finance deal is the smartest business move the club can make however so many a struggling to see that.

By simply having a finance deal you have fixed payments which you pay back rather than one big sum of cash. The reality is if you pay it off in cash you can forget about signing any players for 2 seasons. Or you have fixed payments which then don’t dent the clubs ambitions to invest in the playing staff & push further up the league. It’s literally a no brainer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Exactly this, getting a finance deal is the smartest business move the club can make however so many a struggling to see that.

By simply having a finance deal you have fixed payments which you pay back rather than one big sum of cash. The reality is if you pay it off in cash you can forget about signing any players for 2 seasons. Or you have fixed payments which then don’t dent the clubs ambitions to invest in the playing staff & push further up the league. It’s literally a no brainer.

Absolutely!

the facts of the matter are that the training ground will likely end up on an uber low interest commercial mortgage for the next 35 years costing pittance per year, rather than (as you say) swallowing a massive amount of capital right now.

Edited by Tommo220
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

It is yes, but said loan looks likely to be paid back via our earnings rather than Kingpower just financing it, and even if they did we'd likely be paying them back the loan like we did on the stadium. We we still end up in the same place... us not exactly being in a position to throw cash about. UNLESS we do something different to what we have been the past 6 years. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t expect us to go all out to buy players no, but I don’t believe for one minute they’ve given BR £20-£30m not a chance, he wouldn’t leave Celtic & the chance to create history for one of the smallest budgets in the prem. BR would have been informed they seriously want to have a crack this year & are willing to invest to do so. I’m pretty sure BR stated that he’s more than willing to break our transfer record in order to bring quality in. For me that alone tells me that he’s been promised a lot of money early on.

Truth be told the club need to spend around £125m to create a squad capable of top 6 & that is before any potential outgoings imo;

£15m back up right back

£40m Youri

£20m back up number 8

£30m Sarr or another top quality winger

£20m back up striker. 

Where are you getting these numbers from. Three back up players that cost more than our entire squad that won the league, that's crazy.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is yes, but said loan looks likely to be paid back via our earnings rather than Kingpower just financing it, and even if they did we'd likely be paying them back the loan like we did on the stadium. We we still end up in the same place... us not exactly being in a position to throw cash about. UNLESS we do something different to what we have been the past 6 years. 

As it should be - The financial institution need some form of certainty that, once they've leant the money out, we have a manner in which to pay them back (PL revenue in this case - selling what ever you're building in the case of usual development). We'd find it almost impossible to find someone to lend us £xxm to build a new training ground if the only manner in which we could offer to pay them back at the end was to find someone else to lend us the money as that offers absolutely no certainty to the bank. 

There's nothing stopping the club from refinancing the project at any point -  it'll just be a case of what is most cost effective in terms of how the fees to the current lender are structured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm still of the opinion that BR has been given 100-125mil this year by the owners. Nothing, absolutely nothing else suggests that BR hasn't had that assurance of 5 or so players of decent calibre. I do know a little about business but it's not my forte especially in this (football) regard. The club has a plan and the club will make it work. How they will make it work seems open to interpretation on here, but I am glad that they are being positive (without too much gamble) and pumping money into the club at a time when the squad standard/management is ready for approaching the next step in its goals. I fear that if they do not, after a few years of sell to buy, that we'll end up falling backwards. We need to keep the club/global brand moving forward and if that means a big injection every now and then, then so be it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Where are you getting these numbers from. Three back up players that cost more than our entire squad that won the league, that's crazy.

Few examples;

Che Adams £15/£20m 

Callum McGregor £15m/£20m

Thats the going rate, get out of the past. Yes we won the league on such a low budget, but that was a miracle & truth be told probably never happen again. The markets gone crazy & you have to face the reality of that. If you want decent cover & good options of the bench that’s the going rate, otherwise you end up with the likes of Ghezzal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

BR has said their will be no outgoings of our quality players. Some lesser players sold or out on loan. That doesnt sound like Maguire is on his way out.

Well he isn’t going to state that they’re on the way out now is he.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm still of the opinion that BR has been given 100-125mil this year by the owners. Nothing, absolutely nothing else suggests that BR hasn't had that assurance of 5 or so players of decent calibre. I do know a little about business but it's not my forte especially in this (football) regard. The club has a plan and the club will make it work. How they will make it work seems open to interpretation on here, but I am glad that they are being positive (without too much gamble) and pumping money into the club at a time when the squad standard/management is ready for approaching the next step in its goals. I fear that if they do not, after a few years of sell to buy, that we'll end up falling backwards. We need to keep the club/global brand moving forward and if that means a big injection every now and then, then so be it.

Hit the nail on the head. People moaning about figures etc etc, it’s the going rate. Unfortunately the days of picking up 5/6 bargains have gone. It’s simple to compete on a regular basis you have to spend. The previous post I responded to regarding 3 back up players cost more than our title winning squad, it is what it is. The truth is & it’s simple if you want to keep moving forward, the closer you get to your long term goal the more expensive it becomes.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Nothing suggests he has been given those assurances either, it's just guess work on at the assumption Rodgers wouldn't have joined without it. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

BR has said their will be no outgoings of our quality players. Some lesser players sold or out on loan. That doesnt sound like Maguire is on his way out.

can you point me in the direction of this so i can see/read the full context rather than the 'sound bite'.