Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

And so is the going rate for a decent player. 3 years ago a £10 mil player is now going for £25 mil. So paying £40 mil for Tielemans now, is like paying £20 mil for him 3 years ago. Like I said, how ambitious are we? I'd rather we spent £40 mil on Tielemans than 3 £15 mi players who have no impact. It's equivalent  of signing 3 Rondon's.

I'd love us to sign the Rondon triplets.

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

**** sake if we don't cough up the 40m for Tielemans we are absolute nobbers. He is ****ing awesome and will be worth loads more than that in 1 year. 

Watch him sign for Spurs or something while we sign a CM for 10m less that is so bad Matty James comes into the team.

Edited by Clarkey123

I could understand the clamour for a target man if we were talking about someone actually good. Rondon's got 34 goals in about 140 PL appearances, he's 30 in September and I doubt he's all that keen to go from undisputed first choice striker to our last minute panic hoofball option when we're drawing at home to Sheff Utd

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

3 Rondons bags you 30 goals and top 6

We'd have to drop several players from Vardy/Barnes/Albrighton/Maddison to fit the triplets in, therefore losing more than 30 goals, unless we are allowed to field 14 players now.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

A) it was a joke

B) they release the finances every year, unless we do something creative we aren’t spending £40m on one player whilst also buying everything else we need. 

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

BuT wE nEeD a PlAn B

lol does my head in. Teams like Newcastle and bottom half sides might want to lump the ball if chasing a game but we’re not about that and Brendan isn’t about that. 

West Ham away, chasing the game, patient fast football got us Barnes equaliser, for example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Agreed 100%, owners need not plough money into the club... they've done enough as it is.

Beginning to feel like unless we do something special akin to 2015/16 season or get extremely lucky with transfers (in the respect of unearthing gems like Mahrez and Kante), then we've reached our financial ceiling. Naturally our strategy is blooding through youth players and making money via that route but unfortunately, our policy of "not being a selling club" is only going to hinder our long term progression.

For me to get hold of Tielemans, we will have to make a substantial amount to pay for the transfer. We've got to weigh it up, either Maguire goes and we get Tielemans in... or, Maguire stays and we seek an alternative CM. 

I personally find the Ajax model to be very interesting and one we should look to adopt, extremely sustainable and could potentially be our route to the top. We present an option for young players to come here, ply their trade and when ready move on to the next step. Doing this model does not mean we will never achieve success... just we have to work harder for it and be more patient. 

It is time to face facts though, that our best assets will only use us as a stepping stone to progress their career, which in fairness already happens with pretty much 99.5% of clubs around the world. I don't see us ever being able to compete commercially against the likes of other world-renowned clubs, so instead, we have to be clever with how we run the club, any money made from transfers or profits instead gets injected back into the academies and signing potential talent for the development squad. After all, we've been fairly hit and miss with big money signings, is it really a bad fact to face.

(Hopefully that puts my view across right).

All that is correct but it could go pear shaped. Southampton had successfully buying players and selling them for huge prices and they did that very well for years until lately their recruitment messed up and now they are relegation fodder.

I guess thats life of a mid sized club.

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Sell chillers for 60m but tielemans 40m buy tierney 20m.... easy

Sell Slabhead for £80m, keep Chillwell, buy winger and young striker. Latter will need to be willing to come off the bench and play cup games while Vardy fit. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Sell chillers for 60m but tielemans 40m buy tierney 20m.... easy

Easy as that lads. Bish bash bosh, didn’t even need to type more than 2 lines.

Rudkin can **** off, dylanlegend in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I would imagine our transfer budget is actually quite healthy, and it was a contributing factor for Rodgers to take the job

people on here need to chill(well) out

They'll spend more than we have done previously.

Strategy has changed and they promised Rodgers investment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

They'll spend more than we have done previously.

Strategy has changed and they promised Rodgers investment.

Interesting. What's the strategy then? Spend to try and break that glass ceiling to get into Europe/Top Six?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

3 Rondons bags you 30 goals and top 6

3 Rondons gets you Tony Pulis knocking on your door, to tell you about the "good news", and if you come with him to the Church of Defensive football, you can hear the Lords message, that centre backs are plentiful, and when you have heard the message, you will look upon them, and see that they can also be wingers, and full backs, and central midfielders, and up front as well, before leaving you a copy of his CV and promising to come back next weekend.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3