Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Yep, that's this one pretty much over then. He gave away a lot in what he said there and I imagine he will end up at one of the bigger boys unfortunately. 

It was always likely to happen and I'm gutted as I genuinely convinced myself he would sign up for a year or two to develop some more, but the lure of the bigger clubs is strong and can't really blame him or his agent for pushing a bigger move than us. Genuinely believe he would have flourished here and would have done him world of good in the long-run but ah well, I think a reality check and back to trying to pick-up emerging talents in the Maddison, Maguire mold like before. 

Only way I see this happening now, is if Man U, Spurs and whoever else in that bracket, all get their bigger/more ambitious targets over the line. Tielemans for me is still not a nailed on regular starter at those size clubs yet, and so will they spend £40million if they get their other targets in? Hope dies last... lol

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yep, that's this one pretty much over then. He gave away a lot in what he said there and I imagine he will end up at one of the bigger boys unfortunately. 

It was always likely to happen and I'm gutted as I genuinely convinced myself he would sign up for a year or two to develop some more, but the lure of the bigger clubs is strong and can't really blame him or his agent for pushing a bigger move than us. Genuinely believe he would have flourished here and would have done him world of good in the long-run but ah well, I think a reality check and back to trying to pick-up emerging talents in the Maddison, Maguire mold like before. 

Only way I see this happening now, is if Man U, Spurs and whoever else in that bracket, all get their bigger/more ambitious targets over the line. Tielemans for me is still not a nailed on regular starter at those size clubs yet, and so will they spend £40million if they get their other targets in? Hope dies last... lol

It the hope that kills you. :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know its been moaned about plenty, but why the heck didnt we chuck in a $40 mill option to buy just in case he was good? Im sure Monaco would have taken it at the time

In case he was bad?

If the report is correct that Maddison has said he wants to stay, and it’s also been reported recently that maguire also wants to stay, maybe they have been told Youri is signing or has signed which has persuaded them to stay, or I may just be clutching at straws 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

If the report is correct that Maddison has said he wants to stay, and it’s also been reported recently that maguire also wants to stay, maybe they have been told Youri is signing or has signed which has persuaded them to stay, or I may just be clutching at straws 

Think it will be a straw, or maybe a very thin penis

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

clutching-at-straws.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know its been moaned about plenty, but why the heck didnt we chuck in a $40 mill option to buy just in case he was good? Im sure Monaco would have taken it at the time

Because it was never ever ever ever ever on offer. :angry: