Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or someone of the same ilk

But where do we find someone of the same ilk?

Tielemans is one of the mostly highly rated midfielders in Europe and he has a foot in the door here.  We just need to grab him and bundle him over the threshold.

I've said it before, but it is also about chemistry.  We have seen the way that he works with Maddison, Chillwell, Wilf and Vardy.  Maddison has been great since Youri came in, Wilf has improved and Vardy can't stop scoring.  It is no coincidence.

Even if we managed to find someone of the same ilk, he may not have that same chemistry with our other players, he might not take to the Premier League.  Since Tielemans came in only Liverpool and Man City gained more points than us.

For me Youri has to be first, second and third priority of this window even if it means we can't spend in other areas.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Unfortunately I don’t think so... 

However I do think Choudhury has the potential to offer more than Ndidi in the CDM role. 

Going to be an interesting one to watch next season. 

I dont think Brenda sees Hamza as a CDM either. He said a few things a while back that alluded to him seeing him as more of a box to box which makes me think that A, Mendy will stay as cover for Ndidi and B, we might get more than one CM in. 

Playing with 3 CM's, it makes sense to have two DM's (Ndidi and Mendy), two creative CM's (Maddison and Tielemans) and two Box to box players (Hamza and maybe someone like McGregor from Celtic)

• Like 1

As far as Tielemans is concerned no news is good news.

I've always thought there is no way he turns down a top club to come here instead. We want him and he would join us assuming he doesn't have a better offer. We just have to hope that none of this interest in him materialises into something concrete as his potential suitors take different routes and this time next month we're the only concrete offer on the table and telling him it's now or never as we'll have to look elsewhere.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

But where do we find someone of the same ilk?

Tielemans is one of the mostly highly rated midfielders in Europe and he has a foot in the door here.  We just need to grab him and bundle him over the threshold.

I've said it before, but it is also about chemistry.  We have seen the way that he works with Maddison, Chillwell, Wilf and Vardy.  Maddison has been great since Youri came in, Wilf has improved and Vardy can't stop scoring.  It is no coincidence.

Even if we managed to find someone of the same ilk, he may not have that same chemistry with our other players, he might not take to the Premier League.  Since Tielemans came in only Liverpool and Man City gained more points than us.

For me Youri has to be first, second and third priority of this window even if it means we can't spend in other areas.

Nope. I badly want Youri to sign, but he has illustrated the type of player we need more than anything.

As long as we get a player who can do similar, we are good I think, and don`t say its impossible, its not, its just very difficult. 

34 minutes ago, davieG said:

Tielemans is quoted as saying: “I do not know what can be considered the absolute top club, but I find, for example, Leicester are a great club with great ambitions.”

I really warm to him. He's clearly intelligent, articulate and respectful. Lets be honest, he's being as open and honest as we could possibly expect from anybody in his position

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The last time you were this convincing was with Jonny Evans ...... the only issue was that you were a year out !!!

So he'll go to manu for a year see what car crash they are then come to us for a knock down fee of £3mill

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nope. I badly want Youri to sign, but he has illustrated the type of player we need more than anything.

As long as we get a player who can do similar, we are good I think, and don`t say its impossible, its not, its just very difficult. 

I think that we new the type of player we needed before the loan.

What Youri has illustrated is that he is the perfect fit for that role and for this team.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that we new the type of player we needed before the loan.

What Youri has illustrated is that he is the perfect fit for that role and for this team.

Not so sure about this, looking at type if player Puel brought in before Youri arrived, but you may be right!

Lets just hope whoever comes in can fill his boots (And looks just like him.....) :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

So he'll go to manu for a year see what car crash they are then come to us for a knock down fee of £3mill

Trouble is we will have signed Harry Arter or someone in the meantime..:whistle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Tielemans is quoted as saying: “I do not know what can be considered the absolute top club, but I find, for example, Leicester are a great club with great ambitions.”

**** sake man stop. You're getting my hopes up.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It's about risk isn't it? - we know what we are getting with youri - look at some of the people we have bought before and you will see that paying the money is no guarantee.

and... It's about chemistry isn't it? - he fits with our players.

Sure there are other midfielders- each may or may no fit... or may or may not perform  - but we just have to pay the money on this one. 

sign him up. 

• Like 1

I think Man U are the big threat, as they have lots of money to spend and I think will try and rebuild with upcoming top talent, which Tielemans definitely fits into. Just hope as I've said previously, that they get in bigger targets!