Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

22 minutes ago, brucey said:

I read it as “that’s good to hear, but I don’t know if those clubs will bid or for how much. Monaco will just take the highest bid in the next few weeks”

Yeah that’s a fair assessment. I’d assume (possibly wrongly) that this may not be a case of highest bidder wins necessarily. Monaco want rid, but YT also has to agree to sign for the new club. If the bids aren’t poles apart, Monaco might be forced to accept a bid from a club YT will sign for. 

I know it’s unlikely he’s going to turn down Man Utd or Tottenham, but if his heart was set on a club who make an offer, Monaco’s hand may be forced to a certain extent. They won’t let him rot in the reserves that’s for sure, they want the cash. 

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

I read it as “that’s good to hear, but I don’t know if those clubs will bid or for how much. Monaco will just take the highest bid in the next few weeks”

He doesn't have to agree to going to the highest bidder. They can not force him to sign there. If a Qatary, Chinese or Russian club offers 80 million, that doesn't mean he is going there. At this point it's clear that his future is not in Monaco. So they will need to work something out. Monaco has everything to gain by cooperating. They'd rather take 5 million less on asking price than nothing at all and be stuck with an expensive player on the payroll they have no use for.

• Like 2

Just now, Lizhang said:

He doesn't have to agree to going to the highest bidder. They can not force him to sign there. If a Qatary, Chinese or Russian club offers 80 million, that doesn't mean he is going there. At this point it's clear that his future is not in Monaco. So they will need to work something out. Monaco has everything to gain by cooperating. They'd rather take 5 million less on asking price than nothing at all and be stuck with an expensive player on the payroll they have no use for.

Did you just read my mind? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Did you just read my mind? :ph34r:

It's probably the other way around, because i was just a few seconds slower since i had to read through my text to make sure there weren't any huge typos in there (not being a native speaker) :whistle:

• Haha 2

I’m starting to hope he does have his head turned the amount people are begging on this thread, he’s hasn’t given any indication he’s keen to sign for us, i hope it’s concluded soon enough so we can start finalising the squad for August 

2 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’m starting to hope he does have his head turned the amount people are begging on this thread, he’s hasn’t given any indication he’s keen to sign for us, i hope it’s concluded soon enough so we can start finalising the squad for August 

I assume you aren’t on speaking terms with him then ?

he would happily sign for us ........however, this is complicated by other interest and the ‘greed’ of his parent club ....... he isn’t going to publicly say he wants to join us as it embarrasses someone if we cannot agree a fee with Monaco. For all you know, something is already agreed or we are in the midst of a game of poker where for once, we hold the cards !! The only issue with that is what happens if the fire alarm goes off before the game is concluded!!!!,

Well YT is also not going to say he wants to come here until Leicester are prepared to pay him £130+ k per week. 

Hes is not a daft lad so even if he has offers from clubs around the globe he’s going to use them to get a five year deal on amazing wages from LCFC so he’ll say whatever his agent tells him until the preferred suitor is revealed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sky talking up why and how he could........

So in what areas does the youngster excel and where would he fit at Manchester United or Tottenham?

plus loads of stats.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11734046/youri-tielemans-leicester-vie-with-tottenham-manchester-united-to-sign-monaco-midfielder

8 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

If he signs, great... if he doesn’t, we will def go after someone else.

Put it this way... Mendy and N’Didi is no more, that’s the positive! 

Who though?

The thing is we already know that he fits so well into this team and works so well with Vardy, Wilf and Maddison.

We have shown in the past that we're not very good at replacing people:

Kante replaced by Mendy

Drinkwater replaced by Silva

Mahrez replaced by Ghezzal

Instead of trying to replace Youri lets go all out for him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know its been moaned about plenty, but why the heck didnt we chuck in a $40 mill option to buy just in case he was good? Im sure Monaco would have taken it at the time

I can imagine we did. Football negotiations aren't that straight forward and it just isn't up to one club to determine the clauses, they need to be agreed to. Monaco have played it into their own hands. No option to buy, player flourished on his loan, and now I. Hugh demand and will be most likely be sold higher than any proposed option to buy price. It's just unfortunate for us.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7114995/Man-Utd-line-Youri-Tielemans-Paul-Pogba-replacement.html

Manchester United will 'consider move for Youri Tielemans' if Paul Pogba leaves club this summer

Youri said things are moving along with the club nicely, so must rule United out if they are waiting to see what Pogba is doing first..?

As much stick as Pogba gets, I do think he's a much better player than Tielemans so that's quite a step down in quality arguably. I also don't think Pogba will leave this summer either as I don't think the Spanish clubs would touch him and Juventus would need to sell to buy having spent all that money on Ronaldo last summer, so unless PSG were interested then I don't see where he goes. 

As has been said above, I think he'd be happy to come here but would prefer a 'bigger' club which is understandable. Ultimately though he could come here for a year or so and if he performs again then I'm sure the big clubs in England and Europe will come knocking again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

As much stick as Pogba gets, I do think he's a much better player than Tielemans so that's quite a step down in quality arguably. I also don't think Pogba will leave this summer either as I don't think the Spanish clubs would touch him and Juventus would need to sell to buy having spent all that money on Ronaldo last summer, so unless PSG were interested then I don't see where he goes. 

As has been said above, I think he'd be happy to come here but would prefer a 'bigger' club which is understandable. Ultimately though he could come here for a year or so and if he performs again then I'm sure the big clubs in England and Europe will come knocking again. 

If Dyballa gets sold

juve will have money to spend 

plus some Chinese club might be interested in Higuain

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This can only be badnews for us i am afraid, its got big club money all over it and Monaco will go the long run for this transfer, Our only saving grace is Silva and how much they want him... get the tissues out all.