Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

I'm relieved as much as happy. I thought we were going to manage to throw it away again.

Some excellent quick interchange passing, we looked almost good!

Nice to see effective use of the sub's bench too. I thought Ndidi was excellent today, I think he's much better when he has free reign as the defensive midfielder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Ndidi was a monster again, breaking up play which led to our first goal. Funny how when you let him just do what he's good at, he comes back to his best.

Barnes is looking better with every game, some brilliant skill and passing today. 

Maddison and Tielemans are really linking up well, they're starting to form a great partnership. Let's hope it lasts. 

Downsides were Chilwell and Gray looking pretty average for me. 

Great shot by barnes that curling effort

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

We need a young Okazaki type player

so more dangerous having two forwards high press like the way they both do.

Than just Vardy and having defenders ping it past him as he presses alone

And if you can't find one, I'm fine with bringing the old one back for one more season.  Rogers gave him a run today and I think Shinji responded well.  I think he can succeed in the role he played in this match.

• Like 3

Just now, smr said:

Great shot by barnes that curling effort

Even better save, extremely unlucky to not have that hitting the net.

Great to square the ball at the end for Vardy rather than going alone.

The strength and pace he's showing is really promising.

Just now, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Let's be honest, any side should beat Fulham.

Yep, nice refreshing performance at home. But it was Fulham, and they passed it round us for fun in spells. Any good side would of been all over us in that game. :appl: Showed some nice forward play but we still lose shape when teams one touch pass it in the midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Even better save, extremely unlucky to not have that hitting the net.

Great to square the ball at the end for Vardy rather than going alone.

The strength and pace he's showing is really promising.

Was a great save. Kasper made a similar great save first half.

Tielemans and Ndidi were excellent in the middle, Barnes looked good and Vardy was back to his best. 

Gray, Maguire both poor, and Chilwell wasn't particularly great either.

Maddison gave both ends of the spectrum today.

Subs all had a positive impact. Ghezzal was decent if unspectacular (but better than Gray), Okazaki harried well and Mendy was great - back to how he was at the start of the season.

• Like 2

Rodgers shouting at gray in the first half saying "what the **** are you doing!?" 

To which gray just said "what?"

His head wasnt in the game for some reason today.

Him and barnes were switching sides in the first half and gray then comes over to the left on the same side barnes was playing. 

Never saw or heard puel say things like that. Exactly the kind of charisma we have been lacking.

• Haha 2

At 70 minutes we looked like we'd lose. That's not good against the worst team in the league at home.

Good points:

Vardy is back

Tielemans looks class

Barnes looks outstanding

N'Didi had a very good game

We passed forwards 

Jonny Evans has become clearly our best defender

Wes didn't get on

Bad points:

The crowd were being outsung by the 5 fulham supporters in attendance (apart from the first few and last few minutes).

Maguire had a poor game

Other than Harvey Barnes we were far, far too slow moving forwards

Chilwell,Maguire and Kasper had a nightmare for the goal

We need Choudhury's engine in midfield

Gray lost the ball a lot (but did good defensive work).

I'll take the win and look at the good points but we really should have put these away in the first half.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can you post a link to back this up please.

It has been widely reported everywhere. FT fans just like to critisize certain players and not others - like the player who wasted most of those key chances.

similar in terms of keeping possession (thank fvck) but with a bit more intent (also, thank fvck). 

fulham are absolute dog poo though and we shouldn't have expected any less tbh

the one thing that impressed me most is that for the first time in years players were always moving about in the opposition third, looking for space and making runs. 

we've looked so fvcking static from the end of Ranieri, through Shakespeare and through Puel - it's nice to actually see the players looking bothered.  

• Like 1

Great result but the game just summed up a lot of our season in one . Some great play that was exciting to watch then falling to sleep and looking clueless  at times . Great to get a win and as others have said we’d have lost that under Puel . Best for me was Barnes looks some player some of his flicks were lovely . Worst was Harry love him to bits but needs to concentrate on defending 

7 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

He played better than Gray is what I heard.

he did. looked much more dangerous and creative on the ball.

gray was fine for the first half but couldn't get into the game at all in the second.

I actually think Ghezzal is the better player and will have more impact the more time he gets. 

• Like 1