Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

That was a rollercoaster of a performance.

Brilliant first half, awful for 30 minutes of the second, then came good in the end.

Yet again we showed glimpses of what we are capable of, plenty of nice link up play especially in the first half. Fulham came out like a different team in the second, played with great intensity and pretty much played us off the park.

Okazaki then came on and we scored two goals, the Shinji effect ;) 

As for MOTM a toss up between Ndidi and Vardy for me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Very happy with this result. It seems like the performance was v good from following BBC and this site. Its amazing what same players can do with different manager. Although it was Fulham at home so let's keep it in perspective. Confidence boost is good though. 

• Sad 1

Early signs from Rogers, in a similar formation, he is able to play to Vardy's strengths and play him in rather than ask him to adapt a la Puel which is encouraging.

Nice assist for the much maligned Maddison.

Barnes getting closer.

Celtic held 0-0 at home (snigger).

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I thought Vardy looked like his old self today.He makes it look so easy when he is in one on one. His performance today tells me that he has a couple more years at the top left in him.

Would like to see him join the PL100 club. I think he can do it over two years.

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That was a rollercoaster of a performance.

Brilliant first half, awful for 30 minutes of the second, then came good in the end.

Yet again we showed glimpses of what we are capable of, plenty of nice link up play especially in the first half. Fulham came out like a different team in the second, played with great intensity and pretty much played us off the park.

Okazaki then came on and we scored two goals, the Shinji effect ;) 

As for MOTM a toss up between Ndidi and Vardy for me.

Was Maddison one of the most over-rated players in the division today?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Vardy was like a new player, unreal efforts sprinting even in the last minutes. 

Good game but we really need to stop conceding such soft goals.

Totally agree and he seemed far happier as a result. Rogers’ style proves we can play technical possession football and still get the best out of JV. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. The difference is attitude and the high press. Even Shinji seemed well suited to this system, unsurprising given his role in 15/16. 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Was Maddison one of the most over-rated players in the division today?

Hit and miss but did the job on the assist front again.

Thought Barnes looked more dangerous than him again though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

We need a young Okazaki type player

so more dangerous having two forwards high press like the way they both do.

Than just Vardy and having defenders ping it past him as he presses alone

I agree . 

i think it's pretty obvious that Nacho is not that player.

• Like 2

Gray had a bit of a stinker after looking quite sharp recently, maybe trying to impress the new boss a little too much.

You expect something to happen when Barnes gets the ball, really exciting to watch. Maddison had his best game in a while and Tielemans and Ndidi look a tidy partnership. As per Brighton, another decent cameo from Mendy while we were trying to contain the game a little, too. 

Need to cut out these thick mistakes, though. Made a little close for comfort when it really didn't need to be.

• Like 2

This match showed the massive potential we have here. Lots of work to do still, we aren’t clinical enough when on top and in every match we have a spell where we completely switch off and lose concentration. But you can definitely see signs of a potential top team here and that’s without much investment. Must sign up Tielemans though!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, otistoasty said:

So much better to see vardy involved. What a waste under puel. Come on you foxes!!!

I thought this was the most positive development today. It appears that Rogers is trying to maximize his star goal scorer and it's about time.  Vardy was terrific today, very happy for him.

• Like 1

Great ! Enjoyed that. Atmosphere was a lot better. Great performance. Lovely quick 1-2s between barnes and tillymans. 

Vardy was superb. Captained him in my ff and dropped barnes for tillymans so  bonus !

Gray not quite at it today but nvm. Thought subs were timed perfectly and good tactics. Mendy did well too.

Great unselfish pass from vardy for tillymans as the shot wasnt on and two fantastic finishes. Solid defensively all game apart from their goal.

Great to win first home game under Brendan. 

Can finally watch motd, and looking forward to it. 

Chatted to a couple on way back who come up from Buckinhamshire. Bet their journey is going to feel a bit quicker this evening.

Great!