Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Weather

Burnley new years day a few years ago,abandoned after about 20 mins with the rain and Boro at home in the snow,,,,didn't think i'd get to the kp and only live about 5 miles away....Oh and Notts county in the Zenith Cup open terrace and rained all night.

Edited by PAULCFC

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Great day, everyone get home ok, roads closed all over the place......so worst weather you have ever watched the foxes in......today was right up there....

4 games come to mind, home to Blackburn in 96? Very Thick fog, couldn’t see pass the 18 yard box while sat in the double decker, away to Ipswich in the snow, at home to boro, twice 1 for snow and 1 was where the advertising boards flew on to the pitch just before kick off because of high winds and rain and then Liam Moore had to go off inside 5 mins of it starting after sliding into the post 

36 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Reading away New Year’s Day,game got abandoned at half time aswell due to flooding and trains where cancelled on a day when it was a severely restricted service 

I was at that. Utterly shit day out! 

34 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Reading away New Year’s Day,game got abandoned at half time aswell due to flooding and trains where cancelled on a day when it was a severely restricted service 

A few of my mates tried to get me to go with them to that, so glad I didn’t being seriously hung over. 

Their trip included a train into London, a train to reading, a taxi to the ground with one of them puking out the cab window as it made its way to the ground. Couldn’t help but laugh when still lying in bed listening to it it got called off, rang my mates to take the piss before they made their hellishly hung over journey home.

One of the best decisions I ever made lol 

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That Boro game where half the ground was empty cos nobody could turn up in time was pretty ridiculous. 

Great night. Even if it did take about 3 hours to get from Rearsby to town. But did manage to get a ruby in rcode pre game. And kaspers penalty save and a 1 nil win was worth it. 

Getting a taxi home however was a little more tricky.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yep. that's the worse I've ever experienced, although Barnsley away in the FA cup 3rd round replay in 1993 wasn't the best.

My dad was telling me the other day, he was at this game. Said to his mate, ey up, we’ve got extra time here - to which his mate replied “I couldn’t give a ****, I’m piss wet through”