Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Weather

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I think you've got your wires crossed....

Yes just realised, I was reffering to the notts county game lol I can’t remember the weather being that bad v Barnsley though.

That goal though, superb. Barnsley used to be one of my favourite away days until they redeveloped the ground. 

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Ipswich away. With the snow. Only because it was on sky that it went ahead. 

IIRC there was a young referee for that game and Roy Keane made sure he didn't call the game off.

We also lost two players to injury including Vitor who was looking seriously good at the time.

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes just realised, I was reffering to the notts county game lol I can’t remember the weather being that bad v Barnsley though.

That goal though, superb. Barnsley used to be one of my favourite away days until they redeveloped the ground. 

It got pretty nasty after half time, wind driving snow in our faces

Away at Watford, December 1984 - we lost 4- 1, it was snowing and very cold and as I recall the away terracing at Vicarage Road was uncovered back then. On the way home someone wound down my window to flick their ash out (despite the fact that we'd nicked a teapot from Welcome Break to use as an ashtray) and it jammed in the door frame. Drove home with one window down. 

2 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I remember our 1st ever premier league away win,1-0 at Man City mark robins scoring,

there was puddles on the pitch and the ball stop at a puddle when it would have gone out ,Jamie Lawrence crosses for robins to head home at the near post,

i didn’t go but remember listening on the radio 

I remember that - evening k.o. as I recall. I was listening too - Nev Foulger and Geoff Peters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

Years ago at filbert street in the 90s we played a game in fog.. couldnt see the goal at the other end haha!

Obviously wasn't due to the weather much, but can remember some Partizan Belgrade player chipping Tim Flowers when he couldn't see the ball coming his way in strong flare smoke at Filbert Street..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Also Brighton away,must have been 87/88 ish....got all the way down there and called off for waterloged pitch.

Yes, I remember that. The plus was that we got to shake Kevin Campbell's hand outside the ground. lol

I was daft enough too goo to the rearranged game one Wednesday which we lost of course. 

39 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Obviously wasn't due to the weather much, but can remember some Partizan Belgrade player chipping Tim Flowers when he couldn't see the ball coming his way in strong flare smoke at Filbert Street..

I was there. Those cheating ****ers scored in the first minute too! The game @smr mentioned was against Blackburn - pretty sure it ended 1-1!

7 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, I remember that. The plus was that we got to shake Kevin Campbell's hand outside the ground. lol

I was daft enough too goo to the rearranged game one Wednesday which we lost of course. 

Must have been 1989 then. As that's the 1st season I started going and I remember Kevin Campbell being on loan.

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Also Brighton away,must have been 87/88 ish....got all the way down there and called off for waterloged pitch.

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Must have been 1989 then. As that's the 1st season I started going and I remember Kevin Campbell being on loan.

As we were stood outside I can remember a few lads arguing with one of their directors who was outside as well saying they could see the pitch through a gap in the gate and it looked fine. lol 

Bristol Rovers Away 4th January 1986. FA Cup

17 years old I knew everything , weather was fine up here so no need for a coat. Coach arrived at Eastville in sleet/snow 90 minutes  before kick off herded straight onto a crumbling open terrace. Weather kept it up all afternoon inept performance 3-1 loss. Team coach pulled into the services on the way back and was met with a volley of snowballs and drove again. 

Character building! 

11 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Amateurs 

I remember that I cycled from Thurmaston for that game and then had to cycle back.

Wasn't that the "Wortho shagged your mrs" match?

12 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Great day, everyone get home ok, roads closed all over the place......so worst weather you have ever watched the foxes in......today was right up there....

It was lovely out here yesterday......hot, sunny, dry, slight breeze........really enjoyed the game!! :whistle:

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That Boro game where half the ground was empty cos nobody could turn up in time was pretty ridiculous. 

Had to walk in from Wigston but glad I did, one of my favourite home games still! We managed to make a proper racket that night despite there only being about 10,000 of us.

Boro at home the next season was bad too, an advertising board got blown across the pitch before the game.