Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

There is no doubt a very good piece of business by City - but I keep coming back to the same point. Why on earth (apart from the money) would he want to go to United as they stand? They are a club in decline and it is quite possible that they might well struggle to win the title or even qualify for the CL in quite the same way as once did. Since Fergie left they have pretty much nothing. I am not sure why HM would be so desperate to leave where we are for a club which finds itself where they do. All very odd to my mind.

• Like 1

It is true - Utd IS a step up. They are in a bit of a mess and are rebuilding, but despite that they are a HUGE brand, less than a HUGE club at present, but let not be THAT club, THAT club that thinks they are suddenly bigger than what they are.

It takes many seasons to become bigger than the most successful club in the last 20 seasons.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is true - Utd IS a step up. They are in a bit of a mess and are rebuilding, but despite that they are a HUGE brand, less than a HUGE club at present, but let not be THAT club, THAT club that thinks they are suddenly bigger than what they are.

It takes many seasons to become bigger than the most successful club in the last 20 seasons.

'Bit of a mess'? That's like saying Trump is a bit of an idiot!

If HM is as desperate to leave as reports suggest then surely he'll have no issue in submitting a transfer request, after all what's a loyalty bonus to a multimillionaire with his heart set on a dream move. 

I suspect that all this talk is agents pushing for either a move to secure them a pay day or a pay rise for Maguire. 

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yanited want £150 million for Pogba apparently from Real Madrid.:revenge::nigel:

If that is true then the value of Maguire just increased. lol

If that lazy arrogant **** is worth that much!

You don't like him then...!! :crylaugh:

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

You don't like him then...!! :crylaugh:

No he is pretty much everything wrong with Modern football. He has skill no doubt but he cant be arsed to utilise it except when he feels like it, which isn't all that often it seems. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

On 02/07/2019 at 10:00, Babylon said:

Tomorrow's headline... Man City have moved back in front in the chase for Maguire after agreeing to match their £70m offer. The day after, Leicester still want £80m, the day after, Man U have moved on to a different player, the day after Maguire wants to move, the day after, Man U offer £72.5 m. Rinse and repeat. 

It's almost like they are making things up to keep the transfer going and keep generating the clicks.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's almost like they are making things up to keep the transfer going and keep generating the clicks.....

Yep. If it was me itd close this until something happens... ?

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Dunk would be fine, we don't need a centre half who dribbles it past 4 players.love harry but if he wants to go ,get the money and move on.

Tbh that's one of the things Rodgers is huge on, he loves centre back's who dribble out from the back and run through the midfield to create space, he always had a defender he instructed to do this at Celtic and our young Norwegian centre back, Kris Ajer, who was originally a midfielder until Rodgers turned him into exactly the type of CB you speak of.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Tbh that's one of the things Rodgers is huge on, he loves centre back's who dribble out from the back and run through the midfield to create space, he always had a defender he instructed to do this at Celtic and our young Norwegian centre back, Kris Ajer, who was originally a midfielder until Rodgers turned him into exactly the type of CB you speak of.

So Matty James to CB then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No he is pretty much everything wrong with Modern football. He has skill no doubt but he cant be arsed to utilise it except when he feels like it, which isn't all that often it seems. 

Neymar and Pogba,have been the biggest let down on the most Expensive buys,in recent history,character wise and

Performances for their teams in taking them further..Courthino,Ronaldo V.Dyke for separate reasons positive examples..just got on with their jobs...no historonics...Courthino actually not getting regular game-time...

To be a little bit fair , I don't think Pogba has warranted alot of the bad press,alot of Negative BShit has been written and opposing fans have conveniently jumped all over it...

So what counts for me ,where Internationally he's had good to great days,his Manutd games,have been well below average,where on the field he really should of been conducting the show...!!! Then his demure or poor media/fans reputation would of meant nothing...At least Neymars league performances kept PSG at the highest level... 

17 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Matty James to CB then?

Josh Knight fits all those requirements. Centre back who's very comfortable on the ball, fast, carries the ball out of defence, comfortable in midfield, is highly thought of by the club and academy. And is currently training with Rodger's in Évian. If Josh impresses Rodgers, although it's not his decision, Rodgers may be a little less reluctant to see Maguire leave.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Probably because they are one of the biggest clubs in world football, have one of the biggest fan bases, some of the best sponsors and even though they've been "in decline" they've managed to continue picking up silverwear and finishing comfortably above us (since our title win of course). 

I don't get all this crap about utd not being a step up from us. Are they in trouble right now? Of course they are, but they still have the player draw and money to get themselves out of it. Leicester are heading in the right direction, but the simple fact is we're odds against to make the top 6 and realistically are years and years away from consistently challenging the top 6.

Confidence is running high after signing Tielemans, as it should be, but it shouldn't be blinding people to the obvious. 

Whilst I cannot argue with them being a bigger club than us, as it stands they are in quite a mess (certainly by their recent standards). I just think that he could be part of what is (hopefully) going to be a pretty exciting time. Rather than entering into a pretty toxic situation where there is a poor squad, clueless manager and huge expectations from a entitled fan base who have been spoilt for a generation.

It is quite feasible that United could go through at least another decade without winning the title - do we really think that Liverpool fans could have anticipated waiting 30 years from their last win? 

I could understand him wanting to go Man City because I think he’s the type of player Guardiola would get the best out of and I could actually see him improving even further there. But Man Utd? They are basically competing for the same position in the league as we are. I can’t see them

breaking back into the top four anytime soon either. Unless they’ve got some top quality signings up their sleeve? So yea in conclusion money always talks .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Expect incomings before anything is agreed on Maguire, being pushed heavily by his agent but club digging their heels in and will get the fee they want plus any replacement lined up before its announced.

Abrasive any idea how many more lads we are looking to bring in. Is Tanner & co right in thinking we are after another number 8 & a winger. 

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Top should stop this now.

That would be a statement of intent. ... if we allow this then the gap to the top 6 just gets wider

Then have the potential of having an unhappy player, who is a key influence in the changing room not wanting to be here. Then upsetting the spirit Within the squad... not the most clever move, ask Riyad.

• Like 1