Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That's what I've been told by people I trust tonight but of course that doesn't mean it's going to be 100% right.

Other media outlets may have been told different by other sources who they trust hence why they ran the stories they did.

As always, time will tell whether HM stays or goes.

I recall rob tanner tweeting on Saturday that no deal had been agreed for Kante  (must have been info he received from the club) and the deal was then confirmed Sunday pm .........

sounds like yanited are talking about offering 60 plus add ons to 80 and we probably want 80 as a start .......

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That's what I've been told by people I trust tonight but of course that doesn't mean it's going to be 100% right.

Other media outlets may have been told different by other sources who they trust hence why they ran the stories they did.

Appreciate you passing on the bits you do hear. 

Looking forward to this window ending, seems every team is intent on ripping ours apart. But as you said, time will tell whether HM pushes for a move or if he's content to stick with us if a suitable offer doesn't come in.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Appreciate you passing on the bits you do hear. 

Looking forward to this window ending, seems every team is intent on ripping ours apart. But as you said, time will tell whether HM pushes for a move or if he's content to stick with us if a suitable offer doesn't come in.

That's the top 6, if you can't beat them on the pitch buy their players and bench them.

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I don’t want this to become a distraction to our preparations. 

75 -80 million would be fantastic business. I say again, if he wants out, get him gone asap. 

Get rid, good money and one man doesn't make a team.

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Even £80m not enough

Why do journos always offer the extra but that is their opinion. The first sentence is probably true but the second is an obvious additional statement written so as to keep readers hanging on to what he says next

• Like 2

We are in such a great position;

Don't need to sell.

Have CB cover.

Maguire not type to kick up fuss.

Man U desperate and rich. 

Either going to hang onto a top Premier League CB or be well overpaid for him.

Life is good! :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wait, the tabloids actually HAVE sources?!

12 hours ago, Albert said:

It’s all complete bullshit that Harry has kicked off. All these stories are being put out to the media by agents & the United side in an attempt to get a deal pushed through.

Top set the price tag early doors & has made it crystal clear to Harry & everyone else that’s involved what the price is & It’s non negotiable!

....He was taught well ?

I believe that this is the truth. They either meet the stipulated price or he won't be sold. Non negotiable.  

We’ve got form in keeping our top players for a season longer than they would like. I like to think it might be the case with Maguire too. That one season might be enough for us to overtake Utd. Although league places don’t mean much if you remember Kanté going to a 10th placed Chelsea. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Maybe, just maybe, that Mr Peters fella wanted to write a "balanced" tweet.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks Maguire may try and force a move, without downing tools, and lcfc may decide to sell for 80m in the end as they wouldn't want to keep a particularly disaffected player ( and maybe he'll forgo some bonuses or contractual stuff )

Maybe, just maybe, Maguire and his agent are hoping Man City will come back in for him.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr Peters has tweeted what he's been told by sources and added what he thinks (and maybe what he added is what has been suggested to him)

Or maybe I'm wrong to think all that...

Until Alan Brazil confirms it, I am staying calm.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

We’ve got form in keeping our top players for a season longer than they would like. I like to think it might be the case with Maguire too. That one season might be enough for us to overtake Utd. Although league places don’t mean much if you remember Kanté going to a 10th placed Chelsea. 

He wanted to leave last summer too, so that ‘one season’ has just finished

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why do journos always offer the extra but that is their opinion. The first sentence is probably true but the second is an obvious additional statement written so as to keep readers hanging on to what he says next

Because as with everything in football, it's about opinions. 

Geoff's been told some information and then suggested conclusions from other things he's probably heard or seen. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Maybe, just maybe, that Mr Peters fella wanted to write a "balanced" tweet.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks Maguire may try and force a move, without downing tools, and lcfc may decide to sell for 80m in the end as they wouldn't want to keep a particularly disaffected player ( and maybe he'll forgo some bonuses or contractual stuff )

Maybe, just maybe, Maguire and his agent are hoping Man City will come back in for him.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr Peters has tweeted what he's been told by sources and added what he thinks (and maybe what he added is what has been suggested to him)

Or maybe I'm wrong to think all that...

Hi Geoff, Although I live in Austria I listen to the Talksport breakfast show everyday ( thus my comment about Mr Brazil). Hopefully,  they get you on tomorrow to give a ‘balanced’ view on all this as for sure they will be calling us out tomorrow for blocking a move blah blah

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Do you have much knowledge on the strategy of the club for this season? Receiving 80m+ would cover all of our transfer fees paid out so far, but at the same time it seems that now the training ground and ground redevelopment plans are starting to materialize that we are making a much more concerted "push." When Puel was appointed, it seemed like a very mediocre choice, but looking back I wonder if he was seen as a "safe pair of hands" to look after the club whilst plans were put into place. Now some of these plans are paying off, the club are trying to make a concerted push for the next level of competition, hence bringing in Rodgers and spending more money this season at least.

At least from a fans perspective it seems so far like this is the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Hi Geoff, Although I live in Austria I listen to the Talksport breakfast show everyday ( thus my comment about Mr Brazil). Hopefully,  they get you on tomorrow to give a ‘balanced’ view on all this as for sure they will be calling us out tomorrow for blocking a move blah blah

The national media/press are doing their utmost to sell him for us even though we don't want to sell. How dare we not bow down to what Man U want. They are not happy that 'little' Leicester are standing up for ourselves.

• Like 1

Do I want Maguire to stay? sure, do i think he's an 85m defender? absolutely not. The only time he came close to that figure was in the build up to the world cup where he was solid in the league, since the world cup under Puel he was dodgy as hell, terribly inconsistent and constantly making mistakes, only since BR came in has he really hit form again, he is not worth 85m to us IMO and we can get a player to fill his shoes for much cheaper than that. 

Great piece of business and united are a powerhouse, even if we were a top 6 club united would still be miles bigger than us and the capacity to earn will be far greater there. 

Good luck to him and thanks for everything, been a decent player but for that price he can go. 

• Like 2

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9504235/man-utd-world-record-80m-maguire-transfer-leicester-defender-medical-tomorrow/

Finally this circus is over and HM will keep the ManU bench warm in the future.

A great business for LCFC because he is not even worth half of the price.

Furthermore, with Wes we have a very good and reliable alternative in this position.

And now this gift of money should be invested in one of the best wingers in Europe - Hakim Ziyech...

Let's go top 4

• Haha 3