Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Harry has been a good player for us but if we are getting 80m then we have to sell. We got the two centre backs last year for something like 35m.

We need to develop the two of them along side the more experienced centre backs at the club. Not sure we need to spend money on a replacement if he goes, just use what we have. 

5 hours ago, L3n9a said:

That's all well and good, but considering we have absolutely no financial need to sell any or our players, why would we sell our best player at market value or even slightly above? 

There is no obligation to sell a player that another team wants for a price that is market value. You sell them at a price that is worth it for us and the consensus must be that close to £100m is just classed as good business within the club which id agree with. 

Oh I don't think we should sell at market value, as I said, I think £70+ million is above market value and would classify as good business. I think £100 million is just not realistic.

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I just wish Evans was five years younger. 

As we starting to see age actually goes against us when building a long term team for future.

Older players like evans we will get 4+ years out of them as clubs wont be interested due to age.

Younger players once they have a good season we will get max 2 or 3 seasons out of them as they want to go up the football ladder.

Next year chilwell and maddisson as they will be around that point.

Tielemans will be gone in summer of 2021-2022,

The players that dont stand out so much of course we will keep, as well as the failures like nacho.

If evans was 5 years younger, we would be facing losing him as well.

My point of view tho is the manager needs to be backed, if rodgers tells the board he consider maguire a key player then"all" offers should be refused, but if he is prepared to let him go, then just take an offer that is deemed to meet our valuation and get it over and done with as quick as possible so it doesnt disrupt the club.  Also a deadline needs to be set even if the manager is prepared to let him go again for reasons of minimising club disruption.

What I dont want is for him to be sold against the manager's wishes and definitely not for this to drag on for more weeks just so we can scrape a measly extra 5 million out of them.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Applying a little critical thinking. Who has written the Sun article? Damian Burchardt

Who's he? Anyone heard of him? Respected Journo? 

No, some kid with 92 followers on Twitter: https://twitter.com/d_burchardt

Recent history has shown that if it's from the Sun and not Alan Nixon, it's likely not true. 

To give context same journalist reckoned Burnley were signing an Ukrainian midfielder from Genk. 

He flew to Atalanta for a medical today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh I don't think we should sell at market value, as I said, I think £70+ million is above market value and would classify as good business. I think £100 million is just not realistic.

It is when you consider that Man Utd have an income of 600 million a year

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Benko will be well annoyed if Harry does stay. I remember him mentioning Harry not leaving last summer more than a few times in interviews.

He'll be even more annoyed then if Maguire goes and Tarkowski/Dunk comes in...

7 hours ago, L3n9a said:

How have you arrived at £60m for Maguire? What's your pricing system? Fees are not bound by just player 'value' but also club financial position, desperation of the buying club and the player in questions personality. Let's say we sell for £90m. We owe Hull nearly £20m of that bringing it down to £70m, we end up paying £40m for Dunk all of this after us being In a financial position that doesn't require us to sell

So let's take your price of £60m, we lose £15m to Hull and pay £40m for Dunk and we pretty much break even but we've lost Maguire and now have a less proven CB but we're not financially better off. 

Transfers are complex, there's more to it than "he's worth a bit less than Van Dijk" 

outstanding post, some people dont just think and are like ooh thats a big number.

5 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Dunk is a quality center back in my opinion he’s a better defender than Maguire, May not be a better ball playing defender, but I’d be more than happy with £80mill in the bank for slab head and Dunk in for £45 mill. 

If we want to break top 6, then the ball playing ability is more important than how good they defend.

This is the reason why man utd traditionally a huge club, a successful club are willing to buy maguire for what you consider silly money.

So you happy for us to downgrade our CB for a measly 35m that you wont see a penny off?

Unless they strap a motor to him he is always going to be slow. That lack of pace will be the difference between a good player and great player in my opinion. He will go to Man U and good luck to him. We will move on and finally see what Benko and Cags can do.