Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Would you pay 80 Million for Harry to strengthen our defence?

No, but £80m to Man United is like £40/50m to us.

I would absolutely sign Maguire for £40/50m.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No, but £80m to Man United is like £40/50m to us.

I would absolutely sign Maguire for £40/50m.

So hes not worth 80 million.. and dunk isnt worth 40/50

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

And himself a lot of the time 

You just don't like him...admit it!

You don't like CBs driving forward..you don't understand when he does ,the other defenders should be expected to think on their feet and cover him...

Today top teams & managers expect & encourage their CBs to drive on including International managers..

Whether it's Harry,or CB a,b or C I expect

Even From top schoolboy level defending teammates to cover back ...

The fans love it and are understanding when their own tank drives forward.

And Harry is good on the ground,but no

CB around has shown they are great at recovering if they lose the ball too far forward, ( some exceptions Maldini,Beckenbauer etc) so team logic has to be on the alert ready and aware.

All part of the fun..Our own original Tank,Graham Cross used to do it,but May Gillies was one of the first managers to use it,playing one of his CBs occasionally high,with a different nr. on his shirt.  Shankly realised it and incorporated two seasons later. Revie

(An old Leicester genius) put it into practice 10 years later,with Leeds,but not with Jackie Charlton..!! But no nonsense bite your legs Norman!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

You just don't like him...admit it!

You don't like CBs driving forward..you don't understand when he does ,the other defenders should be expected to think on their feet and cover him...

Today top teams & managers expect & encourage their CBs to drive on including International managers..

Whether it's Harry,or CB a,b or C I expect

Even From top schoolboy level defending teammates to cover back ...

The fans love it and are understanding when their own tank drives forward.

And Harry is good on the ground,but no

CB around has shown they are great at recovering if they lose the ball too far forward, ( some exceptions Maldini,Beckenbauer etc) so team logic has to be on the alert ready and aware.

All part of the fun..Our own original Tank,Graham Cross used to do it,but May Gillies was one of the first managers to use it,playing one of his CBs occasionally high,with a different be on his shirt.  Shankly realised it and incorporated two seasons later. Revie

(An old Leicester genius) put it into practice 10 years later,with Leeds,but not with Jackie Charlton..!! But no nonsense bite your legs Norman!!

Whatever helps you sleep at night my friend 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wrong! We weren't 'happy enough' to sell Kante or Mahrez. Drinkwater, probably not so much.

And if we hadn't sold those three.... How likely is it that we would have signed Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez?

Had we not made such a large profit on that trip, chances are few of those would have been signed. Instead we would have likely have went for cheaper options. 

33 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as I like him I won't miss seeing his 360° turning speed which is the same as that of a transit van

Wes hasn't been released has he. When turning or receiving the ball he reminds me of u14s warming up. Trapping the ball and passing it back.lol. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night my friend 

Just having some fun,breaks the tedium

Of the topic...

Nothing personal...Banter makes the rules not the frustration...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Be careful of what you wish for. If and when Harry goes you will see just how much we miss him and what a good player he is. 

I wouldn’t say any of us wish him gone but we can’t be turning down 85m ish for a player if he wants to leave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always Next Year said:

DO YOU PEOPLE EVER READ ANYTHING BUT THE SHIT THATS PUBLISHED ON FOOTBALL NEWS SITES. MAN UTDs OFFER WAS TURNED DOWN, THEY HAVE NOT MADE ANY OTHER OFFER. NO MEDICAL AS TAKEN PLACE, NO FALL OUT WITH CLUB OR MANAGER. NOT SAID HE WANTS OUT OF THE CLUB.

SO GET ON WITH LIFE AND STOP ALL THE GRAP COMMENTS.

You're my boss right ... I mean you're wanting me to get back to work ... like ... right  away?

Shite ...I'm tempted to tell you to go stick yer' fookin' job.

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Be careful of what you wish for. If and when Harry goes you will see just how much we miss him and what a good player he is. 

I'm not so sure we will miss him that much in terms of us conceding many more goals, but we might see a newer problem emerge in how quickly and effortlessly we play out from the back. I think Soyuncu is more than capable of doing that well but we've no guarantees how quickly Rodgers and his coaches can cut out those hospital balls he seemingly liked to play across the defence last season. I think he's got all the ingredients to be a top defender though. Our chances of top 6 lie purely with being able to score 65+ goals next season as defensively with or without Maguire we will concede around 50 as that's just the way we are as a team and are much better playing on the front foot.

I know it was only a snapshot of about 6-8 games last season but when Maguire didn't play for us we weren't any worse off goals conceded, marginally better I think.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

And if we hadn't sold those three.... How likely is it that we would have signed Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez?

Had we not made such a large profit on that trip, chances are few of those would have been signed. Instead we would have likely have went for cheaper options. 

Sure. But you can't be serious when you say we were 'happy enough' to sell players of the calibre of Kante and Mahrez. We sold them through gritted teeth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure we will miss him that much in terms of us conceding many more goals, but we might see a newer problem emerge in how quickly and effortlessly we play out from the back. I think Soyuncu is more than capable of doing that well but we've no guarantees how quickly Rodgers and his coaches can cut out those hospital balls he seemingly liked to play across the defence last season. I think he's got all the ingredients to be a top defender though. Our chances of top 6 lie purely with being able to score 65+ goals next season as defensively with or without Maguire we will concede around 50 as that's just the way we are as a team and are much better playing on the front foot.

I know it was only a snapshot of about 6-8 games last season but when Maguire didn't play for us we weren't any worse off goals conceded, marginally better I think.

I agree that our play next season may well focus on outscoring the opposition rather than under-conceeding them (Wow, English really IS my strong suit)

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that our play next season may well focus on outscoring the opposition rather than under-conceeding them (Wow, English really IS my strong suit)

Hmmm....I sense a logical flaw...

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

According to a post in another another thread we conceded 1.49 goals per game with him on the pitch and 0.54 with him off of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just heard it would take north of 50m to sign Lewis Dunk... if the club feel we need to replace HM and it needs to be with a proven Premier League defender, the deal just becomes relative to the market. 

Yes its shed loads more than he's worth, but the signing will also reflect the same mark up. We could end up with a Maguire downgrade and a very slight profit. Especially as its reported that Hull get a sell on fee.  

Not feeling comfortable about this at all. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sure. But you can't be serious when you say we were 'happy enough' to sell players of the calibre of Kante and Mahrez. We sold them through gritted teeth.

In footballing terms, you're never happy selling your best players but from a business perspective, selling players at the right time for more than they're worth in order to reinvest in the team is what needs to be done and in terms of how we've done with it, we should be happy enough.