Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

26 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Disappointing that he wants to go but like others have said if we get £80 million or over for him then we can perhaps push on again (and it will help balance the books re ffp etc) 

Up the City

has he actually said himself that he wants to go?

5 hours ago, brucey said:

thinks this is all paper talk and agents.. if he's not playing Scunthorpe.. i reckon its because he's behind in preseason training.. Rodgers said it would be the case for some players.

Edited by danfox76
  • Like 1

I reckon that going to Man Utd at this moment in time is not a wise move. They are only a shadow of the club they one were. 

At the same time though they are a global powerhouse and the financial side of things is hard to ignore. Despite our love of Leicester we would all be tempted if given the chance. No different in a way to Rodgers leaving his favourite club (and you must realise how big a deal Celtic is to some in Northern Ireland).

It's a bit like Maguire joining us in 2017. Even just as our greatest era finishing we were still able to attract the likes of Maguire and even after a dire final 3-4 months to 2017-18 we were able to snap up Maddison, Ricardo and now Tielemans.

I wouldn't begrudge him the move. Getting 2 seasons minimum out of certain players is what we can expect if we are finishing around 9th/10th. He is a good player but Vardy,Maddison,Tielemans, Ricardo are a bit more valuable to us.

Although if I were Maguire I might be tempted to hold out for the first half of the season and see where we are at. If we get off to a good start he could find himself on the radar of a more stable club. He's only 26 too so not like a case of now or never.

39 minutes ago, Albert said:

This transfer negotiation is the same as Drinky’s & Riyads. 

The player & agent have been told they can leave but only if a club pays the fee we’ve set. It’s non negotiable.

Maguire won’t be allowed to leave for a penny less than £85m

This is the correct approach from our board. United either pay up or shut up.

There goes Man Utd’s journo crushing their hopes.

Although apparently he’s done the same for their last two signings...

Looks like their #neverwrong Twittter ITK needs to hope it happens again, or lose all hard-won credibility (for a few days at least).

Edited by brucey

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

This thread is a major ball ache. Worse than herpes.

Nasty.  Rest your equipment and apply some cream and you should be fine before this thread is locked.

• Like 1

whilst I understand we have set a price and expect it to be met for the player to leave, there must also be a stipulation re timescale or we could end up with the drinky scenario on deadline day. 

Given the leaks from the other end to try and appease their fan base, I can’t see that yanited can afford not to pay the fee - we have to hold our nerve re the payment schedule and lack of add ons 

if we let this meander on towards August then perhaps that tells us we are comfortable without a replacement for Harry. 

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, Albert said:

This transfer negotiation is the same as Drinky’s & Riyads.

The player & agent have been told they can leave but only if a club pays the fee we’ve set. It’s non negotiable.

Maguire won’t be allowed to leave for a penny less than £85m

Absolutely. And 'IF' he was fuming as supposedly reported,  he should think on. He was quite happy to sign a lucrative contract with Leicester City when he did and, if he wants out of his contract early having gained his noteriety whilst taking advantage of the opportunity Leicester gave him, don't be surprised when they in turn try and recoup as much financial recompense as possible, it's called business. They're not your mates or parents, no one cares about your personal wealth and ambitions, the clubs interests will and should always come first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Expect incomings before anything is agreed on Maguire, being pushed heavily by his agent but club digging their heels in and will get the fee they want plus any replacement lined up before its announced.

Thanks @Abrasive fox - busy busy then!

36 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Expect incomings before anything is agreed on Maguire, being pushed heavily by his agent but club digging their heels in and will get the fee they want plus any replacement lined up before its announced.

I’m not itk and you could well be right but I’d have thought that the club would leave a replacement until after he leaves (if he does) given that they don’t want to sell him and is part of the coach’s plans?

As with all transfers, I imagine the likely outcome is well anticipated by both selling and buying clubs before they are reported or announced.

What happens though, if they bid £70,000,000.

We say “No, it’s £85,000,000, don’t bother coming back until you meet our valuation”. 

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

What happens though, if they bid £70,000,000.

We say “No, it’s £85,000,000, don’t bother coming back until you meet our valuation”. 

You would imagine that IF this possibility of him getting a transfer has been discussed with Harry/Agent, then the club would have told them a figure that would have to be met before he can leave, but then again maybe thats counter productive in its own way :unsure:

Damn. This football transfer nonsense business is tricky stuff...

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Any who the replacement would be... Dunk?

Guest Markyblue
Just now, whitlock said:

Any who the replacement would be... Dunk?

Dunk would be fine, we don't need a centre half who dribbles it past 4 players.love harry but if he wants to go ,get the money and move on.

54 minutes ago, Gold Coast Fox said:

f.png

Of all the journals over many years.Though I hardly read any today,

The Telegraph was a paper,I used to like when covering sport,including football transfers,it very rarely used to join the

"He said,they said" gossip...merry go round..

Plus they covered Rugby, all the Tours in cycling,and had some journalist more favourable to the lower clubs, I believe

"Winter" made his break through this Paper..he was then a staunch Leicester fan,but a damn good sports writer...

I have no idea either how good the Telegraph ,or on Any "Winter"

scribblings are today...I read occasionally the 'Dailys' sometimes when online,on big events...Their opinions!!  I take with a pinch of pepper,because too much salt is unhealthy..:D

Edited by fuchsntf