Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Then have the potential of having an unhappy player, who is a key influence in the changing room not wanting to be here. Then upsetting the spirit Within the squad... not the most clever move, ask Riyad.

Agree with this, IF its true that Harry wants to go. Feel we can cope without him, with or without reinforcements in that position. Don`t want a similar situation again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Top should stop this now.

That would be a statement of intent. ... if we allow this then the gap to the top 6 just gets wider

Why are people on here always so desperate to keep players that want out. We need players that are 100% committed to the cause

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

Whilst I cannot argue with them being a bigger club than us, as it stands they are in quite a mess (certainly by their recent standards). I just think that he could be part of what is (hopefully) going to be a pretty exciting time. Rather than entering into a pretty toxic situation where there is a poor squad, clueless manager and huge expectations from a entitled fan base who have been spoilt for a generation.

It is quite feasible that United could go through at least another decade without winning the title - do we really think that Liverpool fans could have anticipated waiting 30 years from their last win? 

We could go forever without winning another title, it means nothing. If they are a mess yet still outperforming us, why shouldn't he leave. The "toxic situation" is from where exactly? Because one player is too big for his boots? Hardly a reason not to go, especially when the main culprit is trying to get moved on. 

Man utd short term and long term offer a better chance at winning trophies. It's not some put down, it's just a fact. In a couple of decades if they continue to decline and we continue to progress you could actually argue the point you're trying to make, will be a bit late for Maguire's career though. 

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Dunk would be fine, we don't need a centre half who dribbles it past 4 players.love harry but if he wants to go ,get the money and move on.

Completely disagree. For me this is one of Harry's main strengths, his ability to come out of defence confidently with the ball, it gives us another dimension and allows us to quickly get the ball forward and counter.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are people on here always so desperate to keep players that want out. We need players that are 100% committed to the cause

Exactly what happened to the times where we would rather someone give 110% every game & wore our strip with pride. This is what our team was built on when all our dreams came true winning the league a few years back. 

Its simple if you don’t want to be here then you know where the door is, but before you go we are going to milk every last penny we can out of you first. I personally love the way our board does business it’s ruthless to potential buyers & our very own players should it need to be. 

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I accept its awkward.  But maguire accepted wages based on him playing for n years.  At some point we have to insist on players sticking to their agreements.... and stopping the top six thinking thay can help themselves.

Maguire seems a reasonable guy. ... i think we should be firm on this one

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I accept its awkward.  But maguire accepted wages based on him playing for n years.  At some point we have to insost on players sticking to their agreements.... and stopping the too six thinking thay can help themselves.

Yes we need to be firm, but for our wishes for renumeration not for the sake of it. Every single player is replacable, especially when you have the replacements already in house.

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I accept its awkward.  But maguire accepted wages based on him playing for n years.  At some point we have to insost on players sticking to their agreements.... and stopping the too six thinking thay can help themselves.

But the £80m valuation is us getting one over a top 6 side imo. So long as we don't wast most of it on Dunk

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes we need to be firm, but for our wishes for renumeration not for the sake of it. Every single player is replacable, especially when you have the replacements already in house.

I agree

And maybe bredan happy for him to go.

I just yern for us to put down this marker for players..their agents and the top six

Edited by foxinsocks

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I agree

And maybe bredan happy for him to go.

I just yern for us to put down this marker for players..there agents and the top six

I totally get that :thumbup:

Its difficult as to how, when and for who you draw the line.

Mahrez was a much person to draw that line for, but clearly (Due to his behaviour) we felt unable to make the point then.

Just feel Harry is easier to replace, as I really think Soyuncu can fill the void. (No pressure Caglar!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

But the £80m valuation is us getting one over a top 6 side imo. So long as we don't wast most of it on Dunk

Its about breaking the habbit that we are a feeder club 

We have a very poor record in spending money.... dunk is a 15m player

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Still not sure why so many are happy for Harry to go even at the silly money being rumoured.

If we want to break into the top 6 this season we need a defensive CB pairing who have had time playing together - ideally a season - so they understand each others game. Even with the best defenders in the world it's not that easy to just form a good partnership with someone else. Doesnt happen over night. And what Harry brings when he runs forward is pulling opposition players out of positions allowing our attacking players to exploit unorganised defences.

Absolutely this. It’s weird. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Still not sure why so many are happy for Harry to go even at the silly money being rumoured.

If we want to break into the top 6 this season we need a defensive CB pairing who have had time playing together - ideally a season - so they understand each others game. Even with the best defenders in the world it's not that easy to just form a good partnership with someone else. Doesnt happen over night. And what Harry brings when he runs forward is pulling opposition players out of positions allowing our attacking players to exploit unorganised defences.

And himself a lot of the time 

• Like 3

Have tickets to see England v Bulgaria at Wembley in a couple of months, and am looking forward to possibly seeing a competitive international with three Foxes on the field for England (surely it is time for Maddison to join Maguire & Chilwell).  This fabulous statement of Leicester's new standing in the English game would be totally undermined were we to sell those players to the very teams we are trying to challenge for a place in the top six.

Yes, we have plenty of cover with Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan, Amartey (and not forgetting that the CBs are the standout players in the U23 squad too), but that's not the point - the move might not especially weaken us, but do we really want to be strengthening the United squad?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Then have the potential of having an unhappy player, who is a key influence in the changing room not wanting to be here. Then upsetting the spirit Within the squad... not the most clever move, ask Riyad.

Riyad would happily do the same again. Have you seen how much happier he's been since leaving :cry:

• Like 1

Dunno' what spurious media channel he is using - but the plastic Man U fan sitting next to me in the office reckons Harry's having his medical today!

The Arsenal fan sitting opposite me was rather envious about us signing Dunk as a replacement  -  until I told him it was 40 mil. 

Any other updates - I'll let U know.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Its about breaking the habbit that we are a feeder club 

We have a very poor record in spending money.... dunk is a 15m player

Speculative, transfer fees are immensely inflated thanks to a number of moves. It really is a sellers market though and unfortunately whilst your valuation of Dunk is low I think we can all agree he's not worth 50m... much in the same ways that Maguire isn't worth above 75m, but it's in no interests for any clubs to lose star assets.

So we want 80m+ for Maguire, we'll have to accept that whoever we go for next will have their value inflated. Is 50m good business? No, but we need to be realistic that other clubs will hold us to ransom, much in the same ways we are with United.

• Like 1

Don't know if this has been posted.

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-suffer-huge-blow-as-insiders-reveal-maguire-update

Man Utd suffer huge blow as insiders reveal Maguire update
Date published: Monday 15th July 2019 9:17

Manchester United are no closer to signing Harry Maguire after reaching an ‘impasse’ with Leicester, contrary to reports that they had agreed a fee.

United made Maguire their priority signing this summer after growing damn tired of Phil Jones and his shit.

It was reported on Sunday that they had come to an £80m compromise with Leicester, agreeing an initial £60m fee with £20m in potential add-ons.

But the Daily Telegraph deny that claim, stating that United still see Maguire ‘as being worth between £50 million and £60 million’.

With Leicester demanding ‘more than £75m’ for the England international, the Foxes have not even been tempted ‘to the negotiating table’.

Sam Wallace, John Percy and James Ducker – so this is bloody reliable stuff – also refute the suggestion that Maguire was ‘fuming’ with the club for reneging on a supposed gentleman’s agreement.

They say ‘there has been no hint of him being disruptive among team-mates’ during their pre-season camp in France, and ‘has not shown any sign that he would try to force a move out of the club by downing tools’.

Maguire does still harbour aspirations of leaving for either United or Manchester City, were the latter to renew their interest. But he ‘would not be a thorn in the side’ of his club to get the move he desires.

Leicester are said to be ‘confident’ that he will be ‘committed’ to the cause this season if the move does not come to fruition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Don't know if this has been posted.

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-suffer-huge-blow-as-insiders-reveal-maguire-update

Man Utd suffer huge blow as insiders reveal Maguire update
Date published: Monday 15th July 2019 9:17

Manchester United are no closer to signing Harry Maguire after reaching an ‘impasse’ with Leicester, contrary to reports that they had agreed a fee.

United made Maguire their priority signing this summer after growing damn tired of Phil Jones and his shit.

It was reported on Sunday that they had come to an £80m compromise with Leicester, agreeing an initial £60m fee with £20m in potential add-ons.

But the Daily Telegraph deny that claim, stating that United still see Maguire ‘as being worth between £50 million and £60 million’.

With Leicester demanding ‘more than £75m’ for the England international, the Foxes have not even been tempted ‘to the negotiating table’.

Sam Wallace, John Percy and James Ducker – so this is bloody reliable stuff – also refute the suggestion that Maguire was ‘fuming’ with the club for reneging on a supposed gentleman’s agreement.

They say ‘there has been no hint of him being disruptive among team-mates’ during their pre-season camp in France, and ‘has not shown any sign that he would try to force a move out of the club by downing tools’.

Maguire does still harbour aspirations of leaving for either United or Manchester City, were the latter to renew their interest. But he ‘would not be a thorn in the side’ of his club to get the move he desires.

Leicester are said to be ‘confident’ that he will be ‘committed’ to the cause this season if the move does not come to fruition.

Gotta love the Drama  :appl:Phil Jones and his shit :D