Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

You can't compare domestic trophies, throughout their la liga history their's only been 9 winners, in England 24 winners.

Club Winners Runners-up
Real Madrid 33 23
Barcelona 26 25
Atlético Madrid 10 10
Athletic Bilbao 8 7
Valencia 6 6
Real Sociedad 2 3
Deportivo La Coruña 1 5
Sevilla 1 4
Real Betis 1 0
Racing Santander 0 1
Las Palmas 0 1
Zaragoza 0 1
Sporting Gijón 0 1
Villarreal 0 1

Joke league.

Well how about comparing European trophies, as that’s a good comparison.

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

We are the Real Betis of the premier league , here in Spain Betis are a very popular club ran in the right way and are thought a lot more of than their bigger neighbours Sevilla 

Almost, they've never been runners up in La liga. like we have in the old first division.

This is probably not going to go down well....but...how big were Man. U before the Munich disaster. Prior to that they were a young and up and coming team on the verge of something special perhaps, but until Matt Busby re created them in 60s there were many English clubs who perhaps considered themselves bigger than United or Shanklys Liverpool for that matter. Bolton,  PNE, Wolves and Blanchflowers double winning Spurs, to name a few. What makes a club big depends on so many different factors and in today's globalised world Man. U,  Real Madrid, Juve etc. will always be a bigger Brand. And that for me is the key word.. Brand rather rhan club. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cala Bona Fox said:

This is probably not going to go down well....but...how big were Man. U before the Munich disaster. Prior to that they were a young and up and coming team on the verge of something special perhaps, but until Matt Busby re created them in 60s there were many English clubs who perhaps considered themselves bigger than United or Shanklys Liverpool for that matter. Bolton,  PNE, Wolves and Blanchflowers double winning Spurs, to name a few. What makes a club big depends on so many different factors and in today's globalised world Man. U,  Real Madrid, Juve etc. will always be a bigger Brand. And that for me is the key word.. Brand rather rhan club. 

You are right they are very big brands we are a very big people’s club and to me it feels great to support it 

• Like 2

This is boring i'm going on fut fifa 19 an going to sell Maguire special and buy Dunk on the cheap.and see how that works out for me.                                                                 

Just now, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

This is boring i'm going on fut fifa 19 an going to sell Maguire special and buy Dunk on the cheap.and see how that works out for me.                                                                 

I can’t do things like this because I know I’ll jinx us somehow. I can’t even play FIFA on a matchday.

Any of "those that know things" care to share an idea who we may move for should Harry get his dream move to his boyhood club? :blink:

We can turn it into a "Guess Who" type game, featuring Country (in which they were born), Country (League in which they play), Club (Current or Previous), Height, Weight, Favourite soap opera, etc...

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Any of "those that know things" care to share an idea who we may move for should Harry get his dream move to his boyhood club? :blink:

We can turn it into a "Guess Who" type game, featuring Country (in which they were born), Country (League in which they play), Club (Current or Previous), Height, Weight, Favourite soap opera, etc...

?? I thought he supported Sheffield Utd, he was a ball boy there and I’m sure I read  that vardy was winding him up about Sheffield Utd and Sheffield Wednesday.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

?? I thought he supported Sheffield Utd, he was a ball boy there and I’m sure I read  that vardy was winding him up about Sheffield Utd and Sheffield Wednesday.

He is!! I was adding that bullsh*t about boyhood club as a nod to the Utd fans only :thumbup:

(Hence my confused face emoji/thing/icon/whateverthef**kitscalled

Manchester United, poll for Umtiti

The Red Devils seem to have definitively abandoned the track that leads to Harry Maguire and are trying to test the ground for Samuel Umtiti who in the last season of the Liga has collected only 13 appearances starting from the holder

This from Sky Italia's live transfer centre.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Manchester United, poll for Umtiti

The Red Devils seem to have definitively abandoned the track that leads to Harry Maguire and are trying to test the ground for Samuel Umtiti who in the last season of the Liga has collected only 13 appearances starting from the holder

This from Sky Italia's live transfer centre.

lol - another sick note to keep the rest of the ward entertained.

This now has the potential to scupper the start of our season. A deadline for both Utd and HM (if he wishes to orchestrate a move) has to be decided, and for a date in the next few days. I know it's been mentioned and I appreciate a deadline day panic buy is perhaps our only chance of getting the right money, but at what point do we need to prioritise results over transfers...

If they really have set a deadline, it has got to be soon, for many reasons. The last thing you want is for the back 4 to be practising set pieces on Monday/Tuesday, and then suddenly your main defensive (and attacking) threat leaves you and you have to completely readjust.

It also potentially scuppers our ability to bring in players if it were to drag on - you'd imagine Rudkin, Neville, Whelan etc. would be stretched to deal with a massive £80-90m outgoing while still negotiating for incoming players in the last 24-48 hours.

I'll be pretty annoyed if the club sanction a sale after the Atalanta game. Throwing a player in alongside Evans that will have had hardly a week's training and not played a single pre-season game is a recipe for disaster against Jota and Jimenez - even playing Soyuncu would be a risk given his lack of minutes with Evans. It's also not great if Maguire is sat waiting around on Wednesday/Thursday thinking a deal is still possible - to motivate him to play for Leicester three days later is not going to be an easy task.

8 days and 2 hours to the deadline. Got to be bold here otherwise we're going to get caught out.

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

4 photos, and they just have to put one of Maguire

03F9EFCA-FDB9-40B0-B170-1A8DE1293C72.jpeg

Judging by the fact in one of the pictures Soyuncu has cleared up Evans, they weren't on the same team in the training match either.

Still planning for Maguire to stay, then...