Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maguire's only had one great season and World Cup, he's followed it up by an average year by his standards. We are asking this price as a massive fcuk you, we don't want to sell him. It's essentially a minimum release clause, nobody moans in the press about a team inserting a huge release clause for a player, you either pay it or you don't. Pay the £90m or get shitted.

Maguire has also had a few years of Prem experience and shows he can regularly perform. Whereas AWB had a good season but then a poor Euros. 

Pretty much true on the price though, pay up or off you go.

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I honestly can't see us selling Maguire at the last minute - it would be such a reckless and disruptive thing to do. Besides, Rodgers has already said that we won't do that. Which means that Man Utd have probably got just a couple of days to offer the full £90m, which as things stand it looks like they won't do. In which case Maguire will stay.

As I said earlier ... Rodgers certainly wouldn't mess with the pre-season to make a point to ManU. Maguire has been playing with the presumed starting squad since Cambridge, but was with the 2nd string before that. 

Why deny Evans and Soyuncu time to build a partnership if there was a more than 50 percent chance of Maguire leaving?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Totally agree. Contrary to all these complaints from whiny Man Utd fans that we keep upping the price, I don't think we've changed the price since they first enquired in May. I suspect we just told them that we wanted £90m and the ball has been in their court ever since. They could have coughed up the £90m by now or alternatively they could have bought another defender and already bedded them in. The fact that they're apparently still trying to get Maguire at this stage, and still failing to pay what we want for him, is their problem, not ours.

I suspect thay cant unload either lukaku or pogba to release the cash.   Not our problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

It’s the fact Utd are messing around though. Pay up and he’s there’s. The end of the window is edging closer and closer.

You talk as if we've not done anything similar.

We'll haggle over prices and sound players out. If we didnt we would have reported united. 

• Like 2

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

We'll haggle over prices and sound players out. If we didnt we would have reported united. 

Yes, not sure why people are quite so vociferous in their assumptions he shouldn't/won't be sold.

If we honestly had zero interest in selling Harry, then Man Utd would have been told he is not for sale at any price surely?

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Surprised Top hasn’t pulled the plug. Utd have been fannying around for weeks.

I believe he has and all we're seeing now is that certain members of the media don't want to believe he's not going to Man Utd and others are just trolls looking for hits on social media. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, not sure why people are quite so vociferous in their assumptions he shouldn't/won't be sold.

If we honestly had zero interest in selling Harry, then Man Utd would have been told he is not for sale at any price surely?

If the stories are true that there is/was some kind of gentlemen's agreement that we would let Maguire leave if another club matched our valuation and he fancied the move, it would be difficult for us to simply refuse to sell him. Far easier to say to him, "We'll honour the agreement, but unfortunately nobody has matched our valuation yet". 

Besides, while Maguire is good, he's not a "not for sale at any price" player. £90m is probably just the point at which the club has calculated it is worth selling him.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If the stories are true that there is/was some kind of gentlemen's agreement that we would let Maguire leave if another club matched our valuation and he fancied the move, it would be difficult for us to simply refuse to sell him. Far easier to say to him, "We'll honour the agreement, but unfortunately nobody has matched our valuation yet". 

Besides, while Maguire is good, he's not a "not for sale at any price" player. £90m is probably just the point at which the club has calculated it is worth selling him.

This.

He isn't indispensible in the sense that Mahrez was or Vardy is and he isn't a £90 million player, even in this inflated market.

• Like 2

Just now, LinekersApples said:

He’s very well paid and has a 4 year contract.

We can put whatever price we wish onto an employee of the club, whatever they earn. 

Oh yeah, of course we can do that.

I have no idea what he's on to be fair, but if we're saying "Harry you're worth 80-90 million to us" then he should be on 125-150k a week at least. If he's already on that then fair enough :D

Harry doesn't seem the type to kick up a fuss to be fair, seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If we did value him highly and not pay him the going rate though he's going to have people in his ear constantly telling him that, eventually it'll get to him.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh yeah, of course we can do that.

I have no idea what he's on to be fair, but if we're saying "Harry you're worth 80-90 million to us" then he should be on 125-150k a week at least. If he's already on that then fair enough :D

Harry doesn't seem the type to kick up a fuss to be fair, seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If we did value him highly and not pay him the going rate though he's going to have people in his ear constantly telling him that, eventually it'll get to him.

90k a week.

4.7m a year.

With our last pre-season game in two days we must be mighty close to having reached our deadline to sell Maguire already.

Any replacement for him now will have  an inflated cost and no chance to integrate the player before the Prem starts. 

3 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

With our last pre-season game in two days we must be mighty close to having reached our deadline to sell Maguire already.

Any replacement for him now will have  an inflated cost and no chance to integrate the player before the Prem starts. 

I'm thinking this too. Any ITKs got any idea when this self imposed deadline is, if it's really a thing at all? 

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

You still think he's staying? 

I’ve never been convinced United will pay our price and had been told that deadline has passed.

Others who are also close to the club are saying different and the mood certainly changed the other day, so I honestly don’t know. A few conflicting views. We are riding this out together!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LinekersApples said:

I’ve never been convinced United will pay our price and had been told that deadline has passed.

Others who are also close to the club are saying different and the mood certainly changed the other day, so I honestly don’t know. A few conflicting views. We are riding this out together!!

I really feel the nearer we get to Friday the less likely we are to sell him. It would be way too close to the season start for us to plan.  

I assume the nearer we do get, the more firm we stand on pricing and structuring of the payment

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I really feel the nearer we get to Friday the less likely we are to sell him. It would be way too close to the season start for us to plan.  

I assume the nearer we do get, the more firm we stand on pricing and structuring of the payment

It would certainly be a surprise if we turned around at the very last minute and said, "Ok, fine - you can have him for £60m up front and £20m in add-ons that we'll never receive." Yet it seems to be Man Utd's strategy to sit around and wait for us to do precisely this.

49 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Of course we have but we’ve not gone to the lengths Man Utd have to get the price lowered. 

I’m not naive enough to think that Maguire’s agent isn’t heavily involved with the tactics, but this again will be pushed by Man Utd. 

We’ll haggle over prices, in negotiations. We’ll be priced out of certain markets and move on to the next target. This is pure sh*t-housery from Utd. 

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

It would certainly be a surprise if we turned around at the very last minute and said, "Ok, fine - you can have him for £60m up front and £20m in add-ons that we'll never receive." Yet it seems to be Man Utd's strategy to sit around and wait for us to do precisely this.

Not understanding their views behind that tbh. 

We've made it clear we want more up front rather than in add ons. But assume they want Harry to kick up? 

17 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

90k a week.

4.7m a year.

That’s nowhere near enough for a 26 y o player valued at 90m 

we cant pay top wages but we can pay him the same as vardy ..... I’m uncomfortable telling a player we haven’t sold him because the buying club wouldn’t meet a v high price and then not making him close to being our highest earner 

• Haha 1