Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s nowhere near enough for a 26 y o player valued at 90m 

we cant pay top wages but we can pay him the same as vardy ..... I’m uncomfortable telling a player we haven’t sold him because the buying club wouldn’t meet a v high price and then not making him close to being our highest earner 

Throwing money at him is not the answer. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

90k a week.

4.7m a year.

:o ...    Buttons !!!   No wonder he wants to move ...   how could anyone live on that !!!

This is like living in Victorian times ...    he'll have to send his kids up the chimney to make ends meet !!

• Haha 1

From a purely footballing sense, City squad themselves must be highly excited and confidant for the coming season, just like us fans. The place must be buzzing.

Contrast this with doubt and uncertainty over at manu.(an hot and cold Pog,niggling doubts about Ole, and worst of all unrest at owners intentions)

The last must be a concern to Harry having experienced the different attitude displayed by Top, and Vichai,towards the club, than other owners.

For all there history and prestige, Harry  must be thinking is it the right time to go to utd?

Maybe he is thinking lets give it year see how it unfolds with Ole, and if I am not happy in 12 months then I can push for a move.

1 minute ago, treer said:

From a purely footballing sense, City squad themselves must be highly excited and confidant for the coming season, just like us fans. The place must be buzzing.

Contrast this with doubt and uncertainty over at manu.(an hot and cold Pog,niggling doubts about Ole, and worst of all unrest at owners intentions)

The last must be a concern to Harry having experienced the different attitude displayed by Top, and Vichai,towards the club, than other owners.

For all there history and prestige, Harry  must be thinking is it the right time to go to utd?

Maybe he is thinking lets give it year see how it unfolds with Ole, and if I am not happy in 12 months then I can push for a move.

He's already said he's keen to go ...   end of.

Can we all agree on one thing? If he starts on Friday then the deal is dead? 

As someone has already mentioned he's been playing alongside Evans in our most recent friendlies as (I assume) our 1st choice pairing so theres no time left to integrate someone else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

As someone has already mentioned he's been playing alongside Evans in our most recent friendlies as (I assume) our 1st choice pairing so theres no time left to integrate someone else. 

Nope.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Irrelevant really. If he starts on Friday because at that time no acceptable offer has been made. If United come knocking with £90m next week then I would expect him to go.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Maguire signed a contract giving him certainty.... against a range of possible futures... that his form could drop... that he might suffer injury. ..or that he might be the target of a rich club who woild pay him loadsamoney. 

He took all this into account and signed a contract paying him a big premium in return for promising to play for us.  No one made him sign it 

I think at the time of the improved contract, he committed to LCFC and didn’t chase the move to whoever was after him last summer (Man Utd?). Hardly an uncertain future as he’d have signed for 5 years and probably for more than we offered. 

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Maguire signed a contract giving him certainty.... against a range of possible futures... that his form could drop... that he might suffer injury. ..or that he might be the target of a rich club who woild pay him loadsamoney. 

He took all this into account and signed a contract paying him a big premium in return for promising to play for us.  No one made him sign it 

I think at the time of the improved contract, he committed to LCFC and didn’t chase the move to whoever was after him last summer (Man Utd?). Hardly an uncertain future as he’d have signed for 5 years and probably for more than we offered. 

7 minutes ago, treer said:

What people say and think are not always the same thing.

Ver true ... but you said 'Harry must be thinking' ...  and I very much doubt that ...  mainly cus if he doesn't want to go I think he would have said that.

Lets be about right here ...  if they pay the money and we don't say no ...   he's off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:
foxedup said: 
Why? Premier league money, ambitious billionaire owners who aren't in it to make a profit off the club.

Add to that the fact you've only bid £60m, we paid £17m for him and have to pay Hull 15% of any profit. Any replacement is likely to cost us in excess of £35m and I'm sure Harry would be due a hefty "loyalty" fee. All in all, what's the incentive for an ambitious team to sell him exactly? You have to dangle a carrot or incentivise us if you want the player, and that means paying over the odds.

I keep having to repeat this, but people seem to struggle with the fact we are ambitious and not a club like say Burnley, who will take the profit, bank a large chunk of it and buy some cheap replacement because they are happy to tread water.
It's all so fragile though, isn't it?

One dodgy season and all the top players want to leave, or one incredible season and all the big clubs come and take all your best players.

Football has seen tons of cases like Leicester, and whilst you should undoubtedly enjoy it, it seems a little daft coming to a Man United forum to give it big guns as, whether you like it or not, we will always be above you in the food chain, and will inevitably always be more successful than you no matter how "ambitious" your owners are.

Don't forget, in this case, your player wants to leave. It just seems to have been sidetracked by the fact Unted are in talks to sign one of Europe's best attackers, whilst Leicester wait to see if they need to bid for Lewis Dunk or not.

If this Leicester team is very successful, it will get broken up. If it is incredibly unsuccessful, it will get broken up. The only hope you have of keeping this incredibly "ambitious" team together is if Shankley reincarnated himself leads you to utter mediocrity, as to prevent interest in your players.

Something to mull over before your next post informing us of how great your are and how you're coming to get all the big boys.

RED CAFE.

The irony of this melt feeling the need to remind us of what a huge, massive club Yanited are, and that our position is fragile, is that it only serves to amplify how desperate things are getting at Old Trafford. Essentially, it reads as "know your place, we sign who we want" when, in reality, we have the so-called "biggest club in the world" around our little finger and have no actual need to sell, both in terms of our own finances or (as it appears) Maguire threatening to stop playing / trying if it doesn't happen.

The other overwhelming irony of his post is that it is, in fact, Man. United that are freefalling to a position of mediocrity, which - aside from their eye-watering wage bill - is the reason nobody wants any of their regular starters with the possible exception of Lukaku. It's a very real prospect that we could pass them on the way, and do it on merit with a content squad and plan for the future.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, shade said:

he was probably saying exactly the same thing about man city before they became the biggest club in manchester (i'm not deluded enough to think we will become man city!)

We will be backed by deeper pockets one day IMO as if Top does eventually decide to sell up, then he will sell to the correct buyer.  Remember the Sultan of Brunei’s nephew plays for us

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The irony of this melt feeling the need to remind us of what a huge, massive club Yanited are, and that our position is fragile, is that it only serves to amplify how desperate things are getting at Old Trafford. Essentially, it reads as "know your place, we sign who we want" when, in reality, we have the so-called "biggest club in the world" around our little finger and have no actual need to sell, both in terms of our own finances or (as it appears) Maguire threatening to stop playing / trying if it doesn't happen.

The other overwhelming irony of his post is that it is, in fact, Man. United that are freefalling to a position of mediocrity, which - aside from their eye-watering wage bill - is the reason nobody wants any of their regular starters with the possible exception of Lukaku. It's a very real prospect that we could pass them on the way, and do it on merit with a content squad and plan for the future.

I actually don`t disagree wth all of his points, its just the way he came across like an entitled twat that made it insufferable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

I’ve never been convinced United will pay our price and had been told that deadline has passed.

Others who are also close to the club are saying different and the mood certainly changed the other day, so I honestly don’t know. A few conflicting views. We are riding this out together!!

Can you clarify on how the mood changed? do you mean that it got a bit worse between the club and harry?