Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Recommended Posts

I must be losing my marlies cos I’m genuinely sure there’s been plenty of posters who have said I’d sell (enter name here) if we got silly money for them, Maguire included?

Which is why I’ve said I’d sell Maguire for silly money but would be really disappointed to see the same done with Chillers and Maddison.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I must be losing my marlies cos I’m genuinely sure there’s been plenty of posters who have said I’d sell (enter name here) if we got silly money for them, Maguire included?

Exactly. That's conditional Col, just as I said. I don't think anyone wants to sell him in isolation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Exactly. That's conditional Col, just as I said. I don't think anyone wants to sell him in isolation. 

I want us to sell him in isolation. Don’t want any of our other talent being sold. 

 

Obviously I don’t count Slimani as talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I want us to sell him in isolation. Don’t want any of our other talent being sold. 

 

Obviously I don’t count Slimani as talent. 

Fair enough - I have no issue with that, but am interested in why :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough - I have no issue with that, but am interested in why :) 

That’s an easy answer HPF. I just don’t think Maguire is irreplaceable. He’s a good player, but slow. And it’s showed this season.

I believe Maddison and Chilwell can become exceptional players AND are younger. I literally wouldn’t replace Chilwell with any other any left back in the Prem at this present time. 

And Maddison will only get better.

Other than your David Silva’s and Bernardo Silvas their are very few players like Maddison around.

Edited by Col city fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That’s an easy answer HPF. I just don’t think Maguire is irreplaceable. He’s a good player, but slow. And it’s showed this season.

I believe Maddison and Chilwell can become exceptional players AND are younger. I literally wouldn’t replace Chilwell with any other any left back in the Prem at this present time. 

And Maddison will only get better.

Do you always answer questions directed elsewhere? :) 

 

I agree, for what it's worth. My point is, I don't think anyone wants to sell Maguire without there being an obvious benefit, be it other signings or an outrageous fee. And as you don't want to sell anyone else, we are simply discussing the possible sale of one player, rather than all our talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s an easy answer HPF. I just don’t think Maguire is irreplaceable. He’s a good player, but slow. And it’s showed this season.

I believe Maddison and Chilwell can become exceptional players AND are younger. I literally wouldn’t replace Chilwell with any other any left back in the Prem at this present time. 

And Maddison will only get better.

Other than your David Silva’s and Bernardo Silvas their are very few players like Maddison around.

Wait there's multiple David and Bernardo silvas floating about. We should sign a few of them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough - I have no issue with that, but am interested in why :) 

Because it is very likely that we will receive an offer that we really would be stupid to refuse, when that money could be used to significantly strengthen the squad. I don’t want the slab to go - but I will be happy if we receive £80 million plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Because it is very likely that we will receive an offer that we really would be stupid to refuse, when that money could be used to significantly strengthen the squad. I don’t want the slab to go - but I will be happy if we receive £80 million plus. 

Exactly - it's conditional. But in essence, you'd rather he not be sold, much like everyone else I think. Surely this isn't a difficult concept for people to grasp? Maybe I overestimate willingness to read and understand. 

 

I'd be amazed if any of you guys want him gone solely from a footballing pov - that's what I meant by 'in isolation'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Players, that's a plural. I suspect that anyone that wants to sell Maguire, does so conditionally, either on Tielemans being bought, or on being offered silly money. I highly doubt anyone wants rid in isolation.

 

Now, who else do people wish to flog, or were you just being contrary? 

The reason for my post was that I am astounded by the large amount of people on here that would be quite happy to see HM sold rather than keep him. There are a lot of comments like £70m+ is too good to turn down, so I'm sure there are also plenty who would say similar about Chilwell, Ricardo, Maddison, etc. 

 

I do not want to see any of the above players sold or any of our other top assets either. I want us to add quality to our current squad.

 

It is a dream come true for me to see my club showing the sort of ambition that our owners have made possible and long may that continue.

 

I hope the above explains my personal viewpoint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The reason for my post was that I am astounded by the large amount of people on here that would be quite happy to see HM sold rather than keep him. There are a lot of comments like £70m+ is too good to turn down, so I'm sure there are also plenty who would say similar about Chilwell, Ricardo, Maddison, etc. 

 

I do not want to see any of the above players sold or any of our other top assets either. I want us to add quality to our current squad.

 

It is a dream come true for me to see my club showing the sort of ambition that our owners have made possible and long may that continue.

 

I hope the above explains my personal viewpoint.

I totally agree, other clubs want our players for a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely. I am sure we all essentially agree about nearly all of this. However (and I hope for the very last time), the condition of the sale (i.e. taking a huge amount of money for him) is very different to just wanting him gone for footballing reasons. 

 

I'll ask you a question - what quid pro quo would you accept to justify the sale of Maguire? Or are you point blank anti, whatever the compensatory upside?

Obviously if there was a really huge offer made then it might tempt the club into thinking they could improve the squad by selling and replacing him as well as adding other players. But IMO it would have to be £90m+ to even be considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Obviously if there was a really huge offer made then it might tempt the club into thinking they could improve the squad by selling and replacing him as well as adding other players. But IMO it would have to be £90m+ to even be considered.

Fair enough :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are only willing to sell Maguire if we get Tielemans + a winger, and possibly another striker. Nobody wants to sell Maguire if it means we will sign Jay ****ing Rodriguez. And since Maguire is easier to replace than Maddison or Vardy then it is him people pick.

 

We have to sell to buy and balance our budget. We aren't Man City. 

 

FTR, I think Maguire is a phenomenal talent and we are a better team with him in our side. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koke said:

People are only willing to sell Maguire if we get Tielemans + a winger, and possibly another striker. Nobody wants to sell Maguire if it means we will sign Jay ****ing Rodriguez. And since Maguire is easier to replace than Maddison or Vardy then it is him people pick.

 

We have to sell to buy and balance our budget. We aren't Man City. 

 

FTR, I think Maguire is a phenomenal talent and we are a better team with him in our side. 

Me too - let’s keep him and borrow a few bob for a year or two ..... we have plenty of security if we need it going forward ........occasionally you have to speculate to accumulate. If the player genuinely wants to leave then the dynamic changes ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Me too - let’s keep him and borrow a few bob for a year or two ..... we have plenty of security if we need it going forward ........occasionally you have to speculate to accumulate. If the player genuinely wants to leave then the dynamic changes ....

We already borrowed a few bob tho. To cover the training ground.

 

50% of the next 2 upfront payments from tv companies and the 2nd instalment of the mahrez fee are already earmarked to pay that loan off, there is no way the club would borrow anymore right now, Infact think that's why the expansion has stalled a bit because I guess we need to borrow for that as well, the income we generate is being spent almost exclusively on the day to day running of the club.

 

The contracts we have had to start handing out to keep our stars has tied our hands with the FFP rules.

 

We really do need Europe on a regular basis or our business model will continue to find some gems and then sell 1 each year for big money.

 

We may well get away with only selling Harry this summer.

 

But if they continue to improve and develop next summer could be even worse.

 

We could have serious bids for Chilwell, madders and Ricardo, maybe even wilf next time round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

We already borrowed a few bob tho. To cover the training ground.

 

50% of the next 2 upfront payments from tv companies and the 2nd instalment of the mahrez fee are already earmarked to pay that loan off, there is no way the club would borrow anymore right now, Infact think that's why the expansion has stalled a bit because I guess we need to borrow for that as well, the income we generate is being spent almost exclusively on the day to day running of the club.

 

The contracts we have had to start handing out to keep our stars has tied our hands with the FFP rules.

 

We really do need Europe on a regular basis or our business model will continue to find some gems and then sell 1 each year for big money.

 

We may well get away with only selling Harry this summer.

 

But if they continue to improve and develop next summer could be even worse.

 

We could have serious bids for Chilwell, madders and Ricardo, maybe even wilf next time round. 

Isn’t the money earmarked for the training ground just the lending criteria evidenced to pay back the loan as it’s a cheaper way of financing than it coming straight out of the KP bank? Truth is that money can be found outside of FFP rules direct from KP and those monies can be offset for new players new contracts etc which is within the FFP income.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do you always answer questions directed elsewhere? :) 

 

I agree, for what it's worth. My point is, I don't think anyone wants to sell Maguire without there being an obvious benefit, be it other signings or an outrageous fee. And as you don't want to sell anyone else, we are simply discussing the possible sale of one player, rather than all our talent.

Yes

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

 

He would improve their defence. No doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be 80+ million or he stays. Simple equation. Would have thought even the mad Manc’s could work that one out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

 

He's right though. £60m and I'd bite their hands off considering Evans is our best defender and Benkovic/Soyuncu have the potential to be great.

 

I actually think HM should push for a move. He'll plateau at us but I think if he goes to City in particular it could really elevate his game. He wouldn't be allowed to make the mistakes he does here and i think his personality would suit that added responsibility. Rare for me to think somebody would be better off elsewhere, but I think it could turn him into one of the best defenders in the world, which is very unlikely staying at us.

 

Chilwell and Maddison on the other hand would be best placed to stay here and develop.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...