Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

I recall watching a Leicester City versus Manchester United game on Sky Sports where the hour build up before the game was 45 minutes on Manchester players, tactics and replays of loads of fine goals from across time. Then the next 15 minutes on Leicester City centred around did you know Kaspers dad used to play for Manchester United. I cancelled Sky as soon as the contract period was up and never regretted it. That's what a Kodi box does for you.

Start of the season. You'd think after a summer we'd get equal on both, with stuff on transfers etc. But no. It was 45mins of consistent Man Utd love train, before we even got a mention.

10 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

So Man Ure are now interested in Issa Diop does that mean no more interest in Maguire. See they have offered 45 mill plus a player (probably Jones) for Diop

Doubt it. They need a new fuching team that is actually a team

Not sure of the going rate for an advert on sky but if nobody is watching sky sports news or whatever companies will not be paying much or queuing up to advertise with them. Cannot think they we be going with the line of "well fvck all will be happening for the next week or so as players are on holiday" so they have to come up with something think you would be doing well for 5% of the links to actually come true via Sky but when did truth ever come in the way of a good story. Whatever happens we as fans have no say in it anyway.  If a player wants to go he will, the club though has made sure the players they value are on long term contracts so they go on our terms. Hate to upset some on here but they club and management set up is not as bad as they want it to be and there is a lot worse out there than Whelan, Rudkin and co. The general media might have bought into the 5000-1 outsiders Premier league story but have failed to grasp the Club and owners have different ideas than to just fade away. The club has a pretty good infrastructure to rival any club in the PL and our business model seems a lot stronger than most. The fact that the media are linking our players with "bigger clubs" should be seen as a positive  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We're not a club that can resist a 90 million bid for anyone. Let's be realistic. 

Spot on but Sky saying XYZ has bid £90 million for any of our players and an actual bid of £90 million are very different

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Spot on but Sky saying XYZ has bid £90 million for any of our players and an actual bid of £90 million are very different

What people patently fail to realise is that Sky is a commercial TV station and that there are many times more Man Utd "fans" than City fans (by which of course I mean Leicester - anyone thinking otherwise... shame on you), so Sky will publish stuff to tickle the ears of Man Utd fans, regardless of factual evidence and with scant regard for us, who make up a much smaller fraction of their custom.

Sad, but true.

Amusingly , Sean Custis did a talkSPORT transfer show at 6pm today and the twitter votes were 

a) maguire to ..... Man City/yanited/stay at lcfc

b) maxi Lopez ...... Valencia or west ham

now the Harry vote winner was to stay at Lcfc ...... the presenter’s  comment was ‘hijacked by the Leicester fans’

the lopez vote winner was Valencia and funnily enough not a mention that this vote was hijacked !!!!!!

and no sign that custis could see the inconsistency of his approach ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we are to sell then Maguire is the one I would be okay with going if push comes to shove.

We were somewhat prepared for it last season and that was with 3 new players. Now that Evans is a success and Benkovic though injured has shown up well at Celtic it's a more acceptable scenario than losing Chilwell, Maddison or Tielemans.

If Harry stays fair play but it wouldn't be like the loss of Kante just before 2016/17.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The mirror are running a story that Kuhn vichai promised Harry he could leave this summer if our valuation is met and we intend to honour that commitment .....

Getting bored if this now, every year its "We've said this, why aren't we letting them leave"  

It's bs and lazy bloody journalism. If the value is met of 80/90million then he will be able to leave. United won't sell Pogba for a lot less than their valuation so why should we?

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The mirror are running a story that Kuhn vichai promised Harry he could leave this summer if our valuation is met and we intend to honour that commitment .....

I  saw that and whilst at this time of year you can take much of the transfer reporting with a large pinch of salt, but for me this is something quite different. If they are in the know that's one thing and we'll have to wait and see. But ... if it's lazy speculative journalism then it had hit a new low. It would be disgraceful to take our former chairman's name in vane just to get a few clicks on a website or sell a few papers. For me it crosses the boundaries of decency and some authority ought to check the authenticity of the writers information. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I  saw that and whilst at this time of year you can take much of the transfer reporting with a large pinch of salt, but for me this is something quite different. If they are in the know that's one thing and we'll have to wait and see. But ... if it's lazy speculative journalism then it had hit a new low. It would be disgraceful to take our former chairman's name in vane just to get a few clicks on a website or sell a few papers. For me it crosses the boundaries of decency and some authority ought to check the authenticity of the writers information. 

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Irrelevant of what's been said this is totally disrespectful, if Vichai did say this it was an honourable thing to say but private, if we indeed have agreed to honour it then this may cause harm to the transfer fee we're trying to get, if any Leicester fan buys the Mirror I suggest they stop after this disgusting article 

There's just no need for them to write this. If they'd simply said something along the lines of the board having an agreement, that's different. But to name Vichai and start to speculate private conversations, it's a low point, and it isn't needed. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d take £70 million and Bailly for Maguire.

Bailly could still be world class in time :scarf:

Played just 25 games in 2 seasons

recovering from a serious knee injury 

and Man U seem him in training close up and want to replace him.

yeah he looked good the first season there but has severely regressed 

The number of Maguire exclusives and articles is astounding. Don't get me wrong he's a good defender, who's steady on the ball and brings play out from the back really well (most of time). But he is not a 70-90 million pound player. Out of everyone linked with a move I genuinely believe he is the one player that can be replaced when compared to Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison and even Youri. 

Im sure a move would be lucrative for him but I also think this is another case of a Leicester player being over hyped by the media when in reality, like Mahrez and DD, he's just not quite good enough for that top level. Some players shine at a club like ours. Kante is the only one who was genuinely in that top tier.

• Like 1