Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

man city won't overpay as the fear facing high prices everywhere they go. 

the media are obsessed with man utd's problems and the need to spend huge sums to rebuild... this is why they are linked with every player available (except the welsh bloke they bought!).   Maguire will be and england ch for the next 8 years... he would be a great signing for them ... but is he worth say £80mil?  

(NB: its like selling one share to buy another - I would sell him... but only if I have a good idea of what to spend the money on - we have a terrible record of big signings... Buy two youri's?  yes please.)

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9303698/man-utd-ed-woodward-80m-harry-maguire-leicester-england-transfer/

350k a week 

?

“The Red Devils could throw Eric Bailly and Marcos Rojo into the deal if Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers is prepared to accept a part-exchange.”

just take the money 

Wasn't Bailly highly rated at United at some point? Not sure what's happened to him

Bailly also never had a proper centreback partnership at Manure. If he came here, he’d start with Evans, who’s got class and experience, which would help him a lot. If he could stay fit I’d take him all day long.

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

The number of Maguire exclusives and articles is astounding. Don't get me wrong he's a good defender, who's steady on the ball and brings play out from the back really well (most of time). But he is not a 70-90 million pound player. Out of everyone linked with a move I genuinely believe he is the one player that can be replaced when compared to Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison and even Youri. 

Im sure a move would be lucrative for him but I also think this is another case of a Leicester player being over hyped by the media when in reality, like Mahrez and DD, he's just not quite good enough for that top level. Some players shine at a club like ours. Kante is the only one who was genuinely in that top tier.

Mahrez is good enough at the top level, he just plays for one of the best teams in the world with the deepest squad we’ve ever seen in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Mahrez is good enough at the top level, he just plays for one of the best teams in the world with the deepest squad we’ve ever seen in the Premier League. 

Valid point, but I don’t believe he is in the same league as either Silva, KDB or Sane. 

Edited by roblcfc84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know why but the mirror story doesn’t bother me ........... some seem upset about it.  the paper has been given some information and has published it ...... why is it disrespectful?  If it said that we weren’t prepared to honour the promise that Kuhn vichai had made to Harry then yes, that would be disrespectful. But it puts some perspective around the fact that we have stated that we dont want to sell maguire and we are now likely going to .........

anyway, bye Harry .......

If the big money comes in for him then sell up, as already said on here i would be more concerned if we were to sell ricardo or chilwell, maguire can be replaced, im seeing alot more clearly the english bias from the media about him now, if he was foreign i highly doubt he would be getting all this hype and there is not a chance we would be asking 90mill for him 

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t know why but the mirror story doesn’t bother me ........... some seem upset about it.  the paper has been given some information and has published it ...... why is it disrespectful?  If it said that we weren’t prepared to honour the promise that Kuhn vichai had made to Harry then yes, that would be disrespectful. But it puts some perspective around the fact that we have stated that we dont want to sell maguire and we are now likely going to .........

anyway, bye Harry .......

The agreement (if it exists) has been leaked as a way of enticing City to the negotiation table. I would be astounded if it was leaked from our side. It’s disrespectful because essentially the release of what was a private conversation between a chairman and his player is now being touted as the key (based on interpretation of the article) bit of information as to why the deal should go through. 

If United come in say with a bid £5 million below asking, expect to see a follow up article quoting this gentlemen’s agreement that Leicester are not honouring. This is more so disrespectful from the person who gave the Mirror the info then the Mirror itself. 

If we are now willing to sell (of course on the basis that the valuation is met) say that. Don’t bring the private conversation (allegedly) had between Khun Vichai and Harry into play - for me it’s a violation of basic business ethics. They’ve made the professional somewhat personal.

Though it is a case of interpretation.  

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Take the money but refuse to take their cast offs. We can finish above these entitled f..kwits.

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The agreement (if it exists) has been leaked as a way of enticing City to the negotiation table. I would be astounded if it was leaked from our side. It’s disrespectful because essentially the release of what was a private conversation between a chairman and his player is now being touted as the key (based on interpretation of the article) bit of information as to why the deal should go through. 

If United come in say with a bid £5 million below asking, expect to see a follow up article quoting this gentlemen’s agreement that Leicester are not honouring. This is more so disrespectful from the person who gave the Mirror the info then the Mirror itself. 

If we are now willing to sell (of course on the basis that the valuation is met) say that. Don’t bring the private conversation (allegedly) had between Khun Vichai and Harry into play - for me it’s a violation of basic business ethics. They’ve made the professional somewhat personal.

Micky - negotiations aren’t carried out in the press.  We are constantly in touch with maguire people as they are with yanited and  Man City

its purely perspective around why we say we don’t want to sell but are going to .....

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Micky - negotiations aren’t carried out in the press.  We are constantly in touch with maguire people as they are with yanited and  Man City

its purely perspective around why we say we don’t want to sell but are going to .....

No one is saying the meat of the negotiation for any deal is handled in the press. However, you would be naive to believe for a deal this high profile the press is not used as a tool as part of that negotiation - someone told them otherwise how would they know. Why that person specifically referred to a private conversation is the issue here.

like I said it’s a case of interpretation. 

• Like 1

State a source that cannot offer a reply and state the plainly obvious, every footballer has a price be it £1 million or £100 million.Every player in world football has a price. The important thing is though meeting our valuation not what they want to pay. There are a lot worse clubs to be at in the PL than Leicester. Far from the finished article and needs a good partner with him like Evans, interestingly never seen him linked with any overseas teams but then they will value him at fraction of the figures being quoted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Quite right