Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

28 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I agree but it seems like the women aren’t fully in the fold. I know someone who’s daughter plays for them, and that’s what she was told recently. I’ve got vague memories of reading years ago that the land can’t be built upon, some covenant that it needs to be retained as a green space or sports facilities or something. Of course I could be completely wrong lol 

The land has the undercover pitch which will be probably stay and retain the sports facility covenant 

3 hours ago, srex9 said:

He did look good. But that was only 1 game against essentially a championship team. That run made in the 1st half was quality though.

We'll have to see if he gets his chance and that's on him and Rodgers. I don't expect him and Benkovic being bench players much longer and could look to leave.

We need attacking / goal scoring players or the club won't get anywhere. Unfortunately developing and selling players for profit seems to be the only way to do it minus the oil baron.

17 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If he is going I hope it is sooner rather than later. Just take their pants down on the price and let’s get on with signing who  we need to get in (and not Virgin Van frigging Dunk).

I’d rather we didn’t sign a replacement straight away in all honesty. Let Soyuncu and Benkovic compete and reassess in January if we have to, but I really doubt that one won’t come good!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

On the contrary - Dorset makes the most important point that Harry will not agitate for a move - hence if neither manc club meets the asking price then Harry stays !

I’d take it more as it’s better for us in terms of negotiating - more likely to meet our asking price as Harry won’t throw his dummy out to let him move for a lower fee. But who knows aye? 

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Of course it would. Losing our best defender will weaken us by definition. Keep our best players and a couple of quality additions will have us challenging for top 4/6 like all proper Leicester supporters should want.

Do you really think he is our best defender? Evans for me was by far the better defender.

Maguire is our biggest asset, if we keep him then its all good but from what I have heard about Benkovic (Many Celtic fans say he is better than Vin Dijk when he was at Celtic) then I think we could seriously benefit from cashing in on Maguire, bringing Benkovic straight into the team and allowing Brendan to bring in players to improve our forward options.

Its one of those situations that I think either way it goes we cant really lose. We keep Maguire then that's fine, his stock can rise further and potentially become even more valuable but if he was to go then I honestly don't think it will hinder us at all.

• Like 4

We are fortunate that we have two exciting young prospects to come in should he go in Soyuncu and Benkovic, but if we are deadly serious as a club about breaking into the top 6 then we shouldn't be selling any of our top players regardless of whats on the table. As Englands first choice centreback he brings us a fair bit of positive commercial exposure as well in say the far east that a Soyuncu and Benkovic wont bring.

Edited by berniethebolt

The tunnel vision with Maguire needs to stop.

Is he our best defender? Quite possibly, highly likely in fact (Taking into account the age of Evans who is old-ish Benkovic/Caglar young-ish), but....

Think about it this way

• Seling Maguire weakens our defence by (say) 20%
  • Buying 1/2/3 players may improve midfield/attack by maybe 50%
  • Has the team lost out? NO!

I don`t want Harry to go, but I can see the logic in it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

We are fortunate that we have two exciting young prospects to come in should he go in Soyuncu and Benkovic, but if we are deadly serious as a club about breaking into the top 6 then we shouldn't be selling any of our top players regardless of whats on the table. As Englands first choice centreback he brings us a fair bit of positive commercial exposure as well in say the far east that a Soyuncu and Benkovic wont bring.

You forgot to mention Big Wes

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

You forgot to mention Big Wes

I think he was just mentioning players that could fill Harry’s role rather than all squad members in that position (didn’t mention knight, wes etc but I don’t see them being in the picture for a first team spot)

14 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Not true really. Liverpool sold Coutinho and bought VVD and Alison etc. Did them no harm at all

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not true really. Liverpool sold Coutinho and bought VVD and Alison etc. Did them no harm at all

I'm not against selling him if the recruitment works but we will not be in the position of strength that Liverpool were, which was top 4 and also the pulling power of playing for what you would consider one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

We have to be careful with our top assets. If a Ricardo/Chillwell left we would leave a black hole difficult to fill, we may be covered with Maguire. 

8 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

I'm not against selling him if the recruitment works but we will not be in the position of strength that Liverpool were, which was top 4 and also the pulling power of playing for what you would consider one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

We have to be careful with our top assets. If a Ricardo/Chillwell left we would leave a black hole difficult to fill, we may be covered with Maguire. 

True its all relative. There's plenty we could do with that sort of money though. We also don't have the same draw as Liverpool in terms of keeping our best players. 

It's not what we want to see as fans but ultimately if our players perform well consistently then bigger clubs will come knocking and it ain't easy to stop them

51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The tunnel vision with Maguire needs to stop.

Is he our best defender? Quite possibly, highly likely in fact (Taking into account the age of Evans who is old-ish Benkovic/Caglar young-ish), but....

Think about it this way

• Seling Maguire weakens our defence by (say) 20%
  • Buying 1/2/3 players may improve midfield/attack by maybe 50%
  • Has the team lost out? NO!

I don`t want Harry to go, but I can see the logic in it.

Go over this post to yourselves through the mind of someone drunk in the pub and it makes better reading.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it. If we become scared of spending money because we might not sign well then what's the point? The money is therefore useless.

Best example I can use here is Coutinho. Liverpool sold him for astronomical money, well over what he's truly worth, which allowed them to improve their defence significantly despite the hit in midfield - something they would later improve by signing Keita.

Coutinho effectively paid for van Dijk (the best defender in the world) and Keita. No doubt it was right to sell.

• Like 2