Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

31 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

If we've got both clubs bidding at that kind of money we should sell imo. The only way you become a better club long term is by making profit on players and improving the squad in the process. That kind of money in 2 years from £17m (?) is too good to turn down.

Wasn't there a sell on clause

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Has either club got a centre back wed take in return? Smalling isn't that bad really for example. 60 million plus Smalling would mean we had cover at lots of money. 

Not really. Maguire is now England’s fort choice centre half. We aren’t going to accept anything less than £90m, clubs interested in him know that. 

• Like 3

75 plus add ons up to 90 would be great business. Wouldn't take any of their cbs as benkovic and soyuncu have the ability to make the step up. If he does go, then we must not even entertain any bids for anybody else and use the money for our 'problem' positions. We do not want to become Southampton, but it does show our prospective signings that we are a club that they can develop and be sold from (as that encourages them to come in the first place) but we will only sell for top dollar. 

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really hope we keep hold of him and he stuffs so many of your words back down your mouths ........ I swear some of you would be happier if we had Wayne brown at centre back........

Because we think £90m is a great price for him? 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really hope we keep hold of him and he stuffs so many of your words back down your mouths ........ I swear some of you would be happier if we had Wayne brown at centre back........

Has anyone said they don't want him? I think people are realistic about having to sell some players sometimes unless you're at the top level. And that's refreshing. Better than being naiive. 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Great position to be in. Two cash rich clubs (one of which could be staring down the barrel of FFP restrictions so needs to move now) vying for our player. Look at how much Arsenal got for Sanchez last season when both Manc clubs wanted him. 

Honestly I'd just have a straight auction with the reserve at £75 million and see what happens. The downside is that it could bugger our purchases of other players if they know we have a lot. 

Nobody thought we were going to sell him for peanuts. Plus, any club selling players to us (or any other PL team) will want a premium for their players. 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Because we think £90m is a great price for him? 

How about we try and make top six next season ...... that’s going to be easier with maguire than without him 

15 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Has anyone said they don't want him? I think people are realistic about having to sell some players sometimes unless you're at the top level. And that's refreshing. Better than being naiive. 

Why not leave the finances of the club to those who are responsible inc our owners ???  We don’t need to sell this summer ..... we will probably need to next summer unless we make champions league because Europe league doesn’t provide enough income and unless Top is willing to make a fifty mill investment in the squad from king powers funds then we will be short re FFP 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How about we try and make top six next season ...... that’s going to be easier with maguire than without him 

Why not leave the finances of the club to those who are responsible inc our owners ???  We don’t need to sell this summer ..... we will probably need to next summer unless we make champions league because Europe league doesn’t provide enough income and unless Top is willing to make a fifty mill investment in the squad from king powers funds then we will be short re FFP 

Based on his form last season I don't see how. He's a good defender but he ain't £75-90m good. Got a lot he needs to work on before he is

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Massive for them if true. I don't begrudge clubs getting those payments from us 

Ask Hull fans, they're owners will pocket the lot. Most wouldn't want to see it happen, adds insult to injury.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Based on his form last season I don't see how. He's a good defender but he ain't £75-90m good. Got a lot he needs to work on before he is

The other issue with keeping him and gambling on top 4/6, what happens if we get 7th and maddison, chilwell and Maguire all want to go in one window? Rather allow one to leave a season and we can properly prepare for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I didn't watch any of the England games. How did Maguire play? And Chilwell?

I thought Harry had a poor first match but came good against Switzerland. For me Chilwell was England’s best player vs Holland, but got dropped or was injured for the second match.

Anything over £80m and I’d sell.

Our top class new training facility is costing £100m and we have replacements waiting to step in his position.

That said, I do think he’s more important for our game than many realise as he so often breaks lines for us and moves us up the pitch from the centre of our defence.

One thing that does annoy me is how the media fall over themselves to help sell the best players outside the top 6 (and often for unjustifiably low fees when you look at the market). Happened with Mahrez with little lines here and there like ‘£40m-rated winger’ and it’s now a top story on BBC Sport that Manchester United “may be interested in Maguire again”.

Last time I checked, that shouldn’t be a news story for the BBC and instead is simply conjecture/gossip/speculation. Makes you wonder who’s helping who out by placing these stories so prominently...

• Like 1

Seriously ffs, imagine if we sign Youri and lose nobody, what a statement that would be, it would absolutely show this club means business, I think that's worth a hell of a lot more. If it was real Madrid or barca fine but man utd are in the crap, why are we so keen to let our player join them, cmon, this season coming is our season. 

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 3