Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

A desperate man utd will pay any thing, but just imagine if we managed to keep hold of our best players and overtook them in the league for the next 3 or 4 years. What would that be worth?

Probably a lot more than 80m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

A desperate man utd will pay any thing, but just imagine if we managed to keep hold of our best players and overtook them in the league for the next 3 or 4 years. What would that be worth?

Of course, its a difficult scenario to judge. So many intertwined decisions to make

• Money for re-enforcements
    • CB if Harry goes assuming we don't trust Benkovic and Caglar enough
    • Mid, ideally Youri, maybe one more depending on who else goes
    • Striker, learn from Vardz
    • Right Winger
  • Money for training ground
  • Money for Stadium expansion

Guess it all comes down to 1 question, do we have the cash to get all of the above without sellling players we want to keep?

Who'd be a club owner eh? (me, me, me, me...)

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course, its a difficult scenario to judge. So many intertwined decisions to make

• Right Winger

Guess it all comes down to 1 question, do we have the cash to get all of the above without sellling players we want to keep?

If Silva goes the other way we would probably only need 30m for Youri, one or two other acute additions is probably all we need if we decide to keep all key players.

We have took loans out for the training ground and stadium haven't we? so that should be in check regardless of outgoing signings 

so its possible we probably have got the cash to keep them.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm can't work out why so many can't understand this thinking. 

Get YT in a class winger and a Vardy replacement we would not need such a strong defence. The opposition can't score if the balls in there box. 

You always need a strong backline. Defenders don't only play inside the box.

23 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not so much a camp, more like one bloke.  Most say we sell if it’s our only way of strengthening the more pressing areas. If we can do that without selling then don’t sell. 

Their posts arent worded like that tho.

Its like this "80 million? snap their hands off".

or "I will drive him there myself".

Its as if they think they getting the money themselves.

For me its sell him if we need to, to get tielemans, otherwise keep him.  Never ever sell just to put money in the bank if we want to progress.  But its ok if its needed to fund acquisitions for the squad, but even then only one key player.

23 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Whatever happens, Sky shouldn't be putting shit like this on their site. 

20190612_152407.thumb.jpg.cb72d3256f4a4444b16d7a7f90f75562.jpg

It's massively disrespectful to our club, particularly as we've been English champions more recently than United.

Also, I'm convinced that neither side are super keen on him but Sky Sports seem desperate to try and spark something as there's no interesting transfers on the horizon. 

yeah wow thats just complete bullshit, even worse than refusing to put up odds for staying at Leicester city on sky bet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Given you've decided to defend a phantom argument, allow me to re-quote the position I was challenging. 

Players, that's a plural. I suspect that anyone that wants to sell Maguire, does so conditionally, either on Tielemans being bought, or on being offered silly money. I highly doubt anyone wants rid in isolation.

Now, who else do people wish to flog, or were you just being contrary? 

selling because its silly money is stupid tho.  Also in 2019 60 million for a proven english national defender isnt silly money.

45 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Probably a lot more than 80m

and it's something that could become a reality reading the man utd  tweet post in the do they mean us thread.

"I’ve said it before but it really is quite staggering when you sit and go through Leicester’s team and realise just how many you’d instantly take at Utd.

Periera, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison all walk into our best 11! Its shocking really. "

the replies to it put you in the picture of how far man utd could fall if they don't start spending some serious cash, and if we want to be better than them, the last thing we should be doing is selling them our better players, we've bought and developed these players for us to get better, not to make other teams better and it's not as though we need the money, for us that's like saying my boss has just given me a 100 grand pay rise so i need a yacht.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sky are gutted he plays for us. Huge huge gang of weirdos

Sky need a big signing every transfer window to justify their huge investment in the premier league and they don't care who the winners and losers are. No news is bad news for them

• Like 1

It's funny really. Many on here are concerned about selling to Man United as we are looking to compete with them and I do get that. If I had a preference, I'd rather sell him to Man City but they won't stump up that kinda money because they're not as desperate or stupid as that (not anymore anyway). I don't see how we can turn down £80 million if it came in regardless of who it is paying it when you weigh up the cost of a new training ground, potential stadium expansion and player signings. If that £80 million means that we can get Tielemans and a quality winger in and still have plenty of the original transfer budget left should we need it then surely we'll be a better side for it. Maguire is a good player but I don't consider him to be the most important player in our side, far from it in fact. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's funny really. Many on here are concerned about selling to Man United as we are looking to compete with them and I do get that. If I had a preference, I'd rather sell him to Man City but they won't stump up that kinda money because they're not as desperate or stupid as that (not anymore anyway). I don't see how we can turn down £80 million if it came in regardless of who it is paying it when you weigh up the cost of a new training ground, potential stadium expansion and player signings. If that £80 million means that we can get Tielemans and a quality winger in and still have plenty of the original transfer budget left should we need it then surely we'll be a better side for it. Maguire is a good player but I don't consider him to be the most important player in our side, far from it in fact. 

Why not just spend the transfer budget in that case rather than weaken one area of our squad, to strengthen another area that can be strengthened regardless.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why not just spend the transfer budget in that case rather than weaken one area of our squad, to strengthen another area that can be strengthened regardless.

Because we (probably) cannot buy all the players we need without some form of substantial outgoing (i.e.; Harry)

But no-one knows, its all theoretical anyway!

Hope you are right and we can get what we need without selling our top assets/players, as would much rather keep Harry, Ben and James (And of course all the others we would like to keep)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because we (probably) cannot buy all the players we need without some form of substantial outgoing (i.e.; Harry)

But no-one knows, its all theoretical anyway!

Hope you are right and we can get what we need without selling our top assets/players, as would much rather keep Harry, Ben and James (And of course all the others we would like to keep)

I wasn’t saying we could do that (great if we can), but if we could bring Tielemans in without letting anyone go. I’d rather that than sell Maguire this summer to find a winger and a back-up striker. 

Either option is a gamble I guess, will Soyuncu or Benkovic step up, will new signing make an impact... etc. 

• Like 1

Why don’t we let the people in charge of the club decide what’s best for the club and we can all relax to be honest we have the best young team in the league and a manager that knows his stuff let’s just enjoy the ride or is that beyond most of us here?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Why don’t we let the people in charge of the club decide what’s best for the club and we can all relax to be honest we have the best young team in the league and a manager that knows his stuff let’s just enjoy the ride or is that beyond most of us here?

Novel idea ...   but I can’t see it catching on ...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

It’s a forum, you know, for discussions and making points and shedding light on observations? If we just let the club get on with it we’d be even more bored and a little bit sadder too. If you don’t like the speculation I’d suggest you don’t view the transfer forum.......oh yeah, and punctuation too :doh:

7 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

He's right though. £60m and I'd bite their hands off considering Evans is our best defender and Benkovic/Soyuncu have the potential to be great.

I actually think HM should push for a move. He'll plateau at us but I think if he goes to City in particular it could really elevate his game. He wouldn't be allowed to make the mistakes he does here and i think his personality would suit that added responsibility. Rare for me to think somebody would be better off elsewhere, but I think it could turn him into one of the best defenders in the world, which is very unlikely staying at us.

Chilwell and Maddison on the other hand would be best placed to stay here and develop.

Like the move to Man C has elevated Mahrez's game?

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

• Right Winger

Transfer and wage budgets are separate from infrastructure spending and the latter doesn’t affect FFP, if I recall. FFP restricts wage bills increasing too if it’s already over a certain amount. We took a huge loan out to pay for the training ground and the stadium expansion, on the proviso that prize money from the next two seasons would pay it off. I believe the priority is to sort out the training ground first and take our time with the stadium, especially after last October’s tragedy. 

I’m not sure how KP’s recent bid win affects our transfer dealings.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Transfer and wage budgets are separate from infrastructure spending and the latter doesn’t affect FFP, if I recall. FFP restricts wage bills increasing too if it’s already over a certain amount. We took a huge loan out to pay for the training ground and the stadium expansion, on the proviso that prize money from the next two seasons would pay it off. I believe the priority is to sort out the training ground first and take our time with the stadium, especially after last October’s tragedy. 

I’m not sure how KP’s recent bid win affects our transfer dealings.

I am sure you are right - just trying to make the point we probably don’t have a bottomless pit of money, despite what Alan Nixon (Oracle, Guru, Seer) might say

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am sure you are right - just trying to make the point we probably don’t have a bottomless pit of money, despite what Alan Nixon (Oracle, Guru, Seer) might say

Absolutely. To be honest last season it was crucial that we had a good window, and we spent relatively big on 7 players to help overhaul the squad. £60m for Mahrez and a masterstroke £15m for Musa directly funded 3 new quality first team regulars (Maddison £22m, Ricardo £19m, Evans £3m), two young and desperately needed centre-backs (Soyuncu £19m, Benkovic £13m). Deirdre and Ward (12.5m each) were risky expenditures but that’s an argument for another time. 

This is summer I personally don’t think we need to sell a Maguire or Chilwell to be able to improve the squad - Tielemans, a decent winger and a backup striker should in theory be affordable, especially if we get some kind of money back for Slimani and Silva. Even if it’s just loans, they’d be off the wage books as will Simpson and Shinji; moving King and James on would also be a huge help. 

Or at least I hope we don’t sell anyone!

• Like 1