Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Sun reporting today they'll pay £80m for Maguire and offer him £350k a week. Cant see it but that would be an obscene wage packet and not a chance we'd anywhere near match that. Also mentions about them using Bailly and or Rojo as part of the deal. Sun talking sense as always ?

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sun reporting today they'll pay £80m for Maguire and offer him £350k a week. Cant see it but that would be an obscene wage packet and not a chance we'd anywhere near match that. Also mentions about them using Bailly and or Rojo as part of the deal. Sun talking sense as always ?

They could buy a Mahrez a week for that. 

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They could buy a Mahrez a week for that. 

In the article next to it, it says they'll offer Rashford £350k a week as well. Cant see Rashford and Maguire been on the same wage. 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

In the article next to it, it says they'll offer Rashford £350k a week as well. Cant see Rashford and Maguire been on the same wage. 

Especially when they’re paying Sanchez £400k a week... Seeing as Maguire’s contribute more goals and assists than Sanchez maybe he’s his replacement?

Hopefully though the Sanchez farce will put them off making that mistake again. 

Lots of comments about Liverpool doing so well and building a squad with the Coutiniho money. But for balance, take a look at Southampton. 

Im not saying we shouldn’t do it, 80m is obscene but clubs also up their prices because of it. We would be one big flop signing away from giving away England’s best CB. 

Part of of me thinks it gives out the wrong message, whether its a good deal or not. We are growing something here and just seeing where that takes us could be the right move. loosing a big character like Harry is going to do huge damage in the dressing room and plant seeds in the heads of the other players.

As well as having to focus our recruitment energy on a replacement. 

Id rather not roll the dice this year and see what our boys can do.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

#1 england CB, ball playing central defender.  Easily worth 80 million, its 2019 not 1999.

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Mahrez to go on strike to get move to LCFC :crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

#1 england CB, ball playing central defender.  Easily worth 80 million, its 2019 not 1999.

Makes him note expensive than virgil. Not a chance

6 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Makes him note expensive than virgil. Not a chance

Forget what VVD sold for two years ago, what is he worth today?

£125m? 

That's the true comparison to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Forget what VVD sold for two years ago, what is he worth today?

£125m? 

That's the true comparison to make.

Sorry, bit of perspective here. Harry is NOT a patch on VVD, let’s not go all big club on this.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, bit of perspective here. Harry is NOT a patch on VVD, let’s not go all big club on this.

I don't think that's what he's suggesting. He means people saying £90m means he's worth more than VVD because he only went for 75M but VVD is worth more than that now. I agree though that Maguire isn't worth anywhere near any of those figures 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think that's what he's suggesting. He means people saying £90m means he's worth more than VVD because he only went for 75M but VVD is worth more than that now. I agree though that Maguire isn't worth anywhere near any of those figures 

VVD is a great defender but is made to look a lot better with the team around him.

Benoloune was better than VVD

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think you've misunderstood me here.

I never said that Harry was as good as VVD. 

What I am saying is that if we get £80m for Harry, although it would exceed VVD's fee two years ago, it doesn't mean he is valued higher because VVD today would cost well over £100m,

If people want to compare the values of Maguire and VVD they should the values of both players today.  If we want to use values that are two years out of date then Harry is only worth £17m (which is ridiculous) as that is what he sold for then.

• Like 4

If you are Harry, are you the slight bit interested in joining Manchester United in their current position. 

Pogba is hit and miss but he dragged them through games at time last season. Without him, whatever they say, they’d have been further down the table. If they lose him, are they any better than us? Surely it’s a step sideways at the minute? You’d also be moving to a Manager in Ole Gunnner Solsjear that is relatively inexperienced. 

Man City is another proposition all together though .....

• Like 1