Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

If you are Harry, are you the slight bit interested in joining Manchester United in their current position. 

Pogba is hit and miss but he dragged them through games at time last season. Without him, whatever they say, they’d have been further down the table. If they lose him, are they any better than us? Surely it’s a step sideways at the minute? You’d also be moving to a Manager in Ole Gunnner Solsjear that is relatively inexperienced. 

Man City is another proposition all together though .....

Of course you are .... it’s man yanited ffs. The couple hundred grand a week helps too ..... a step sideways .....jeez 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course you are .... it’s man yanited ffs. The couple hundred grand a week helps too ..... a step sideways .....jeez 

The money, the whole playing for Man Utd and then the fact Utd will no doubt rise again, why not be a part of that? 

• Like 2

Come on folks. The big clubs, historical big c;ubs, like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, these are huge clubs, what they have won recently has got sod all to do with anything.

Of course it should, but it doesn’t.

Man City, Chelsea, even Tottenham,  next tier big clubs.

All more desirable than us. So what. **** em.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I think you've misunderstood me here.

I never said that Harry was as good as VVD. 

What I am saying is that if we get £80m for Harry, although it would exceed VVD's fee two years ago, it doesn't mean he is valued higher because VVD today would cost well over £100m,

If people want to compare the values of Maguire and VVD they should the values of both players today.  If we want to use values that are two years out of date then Harry is only worth £17m (which is ridiculous) as that is what he sold for then.

Spot on, jumped in half cocked on this thread. Will reel my neck in and STFU. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We’ll have to disagree. 

People turn down jobs jobs all the time for better pay etc etc

The football world is changing. 

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Could we could really compete with the wage structure to keep Maguire if this report is to be believed a massive jump in salary from around £500,000 to £1.4m a month?

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/06/16/manchester-united-ready-to-go-big-for-leicester-citys-harry-maguire-report-207505/

Nope and this is the fundamental reason why players in their prime will go to the big clubs (not spurs who don’t pay enough). 

27 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

No! I won’t have it! This is the year (well, the second year in recent times) that we finish above Yannited. And we do it by keeping our best players.

Not if they pay 80m+  and offer him 350k a week.. He's gone.. Believe me! 

45 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

No! I won’t have it! This is the year (well, the second year in recent times) that we finish above Yannited. And we do it by keeping our best players.

We aren’t finishing above them unless we buy quality. Even with his crap they were we weren’t close last season.

I guess I’m skeptical that the game (and Man U) have become so insane that Harry could fetch 80 mil. But if that insane offer is out there, the only thing more insane would be turning it down.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

We aren’t finishing above them unless we buy quality. Even with his crap they were we weren’t close last season.

We buy quality of course. We keep the quality we have. Tick both boxes and we have every chance of finishing above Utd this season. In fact our best chance in years.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly don’t get why some people can’t comprehend why we could be selling Harry for a world record fee - ie upwards of £75m.

Many factors promote his cost to astronomical levels

• Home grown
  • International
  • Prem experience
  • Desperation

If any of these factors are not key to a potential buyer, for 75m+ the buying club will look elsewhere

If we take our foxy glasses off for one moment, he is a great  defender, but he is not world class.

I also don`t buy into the fact that in order to see this, it means you want him to go, cos I don't.

But....looking at it a more holistic way, it could be wise depending on how the funds are reinvested.

oh dear God, I have let myself be pulled into the maelstrom again....:angry:

Getting interesting now.  Manu ready to put in big offer (c80m) ...  but Harry would prefer Citeh ..   and if he wants to leave he must say so or we don’t sell ...  if he says he wants to leave he would go to highest bidder which is Manu ...   Citeh (as fvckin usual) don’t want to pay that ...   they think 60m ish tops ...   so Harry can’t get to Citeh.   Fact of the matter is the fact both Manchester clubs want him is helping us.  Of course H might not want to leave at all ...   nice but I think his head will eventually turn.  Maybe Manu will get someone else or pull out in which case he will be off to Citeh in a flash ...  or ...  more likely perhaps, he’ll realise he can’t get the move he wants and go to Manu instead ...

Personally, I’d take the bull by the horns now and ask him if he wants to go or not whilst the big bid is still floating around ...  if he says yes Yanited it is ...   if he says no ...   he stays ..   end of, and set in stone.  

Fvck you Pep !

• Like 3

There are plenty of guys on their roster I'd love to have (Martial and Mata come to mind) but it's not as if they'd be open to making that move.  Kinda hard to see this one fitting as a swap deal.