Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 2019/2020 Kits

On 29/03/2019 at 21:00, Mee-9 said:

That green shirt. :wub:

On 29/03/2019 at 22:10, M0901 said:

The green shirt, if released/sold, would sell out in no time at all❤️

On 29/03/2019 at 22:40, lanefox said:

The green kit needs to happen

On 07/04/2019 at 11:16, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

The green strips no good. I remember us wearing it in the early 80’s, and I think it was made from some spooky James Bond material as it rendered the wearer invisible. It was clear from before that players could no longer seeing each other on the pitch.

Perhaps that's why we never won a game in it. The ghastly green and yellow - Always amuses me to see people wearing it given some of the memories it evokes. It was replaced for the red one which incensed so many who thought we looked like Forest - didn't fare much better in that, although that probably had more to do with relying on Tony Sealey and Steve Moran up front. 

green-gold.jpg.bec191c20eeacc88725e020fa70638a7.jpg

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Leicester Home, Away & Third 2019 - 2020

Leicesterhome19kitconceptSmallVerison.png  leicesterawaykit1920smallversion.png.16795ffd4b3b9d481ff8a4b9ef342fa6.png    Leicesteraway1920kitSmallversion.png.3dd68bd68e57ef7c7ef355593748e026.png

Not bad. Third looks typical template again though, second looks more like a goalie kit in this mock-up although distinctive.

Around this time last year I remember it being said we'd gone to extra lengths to have the collar made differently to the standard design. Any ideas of we're having any finer details this year too?

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Not bad. Third looks typical template again though, second looks more like a goalie kit in this mock-up although distinctive.

Around this time last year I remember it being said we'd gone to extra lengths to have the collar made differently to the standard design. Any ideas of we're having any finer details this year too?

To be honest if you look at the collars of this years, they are standard Adidas collars, you'll pretty much be able to tell our design when Wolves/Cardiff get released. 

I'm sure someone posted on here saying something about bespoke kits? 

As mentioned though it's another anniversary so who knows.. imagine that 1919 kit being used lol

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

To be honest if you look at the collars of this years, they are standard Adidas collars, you'll pretty much be able to tell our design when Wolves/Cardiff get released. 

I'm sure someone posted on here saying something about bespoke kits? 

As mentioned though it's another anniversary so who knows.. imagine that 1919 kit being used lol

If that happened I think Sheffield Wednesday will be asking for their kit back! 

10 hours ago, Phube said:

Stripes it is then!

8279D2C5-D3B8-43A8-9C00-6101DAD964C5.jpeg

Always thought that would make a good one-off memorial kit for Leicester Fosse players who died in the war, with their names written into the fabric. If I remember my Fossils & Foxes right, we reverted to stripes because of a shortage of blue dye after the war.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I know it won’t happen, but kit changes happen too quickly and should revert to a two year cycle. 

This years white kit I think is superb, yet we will wear it what must be three times.

You used to be able to think of a shirt and a player from that era would spring to mind, but the shirts just disappear so quickly with little use. Not so bad for the home ones, but the away / third ones just don’t get their use and you can’t really identify with them. 

Business is business, they have to do it, I understand that, but the reason the old retro shirts are so sought after these days  is because people have memories of them. In twenty years I would imagine most people will have forgotten about several of our away kits from the current era due to them hardly being used. 

Throw in that we are so dysfunctional when it comes to away kits. 

The reason I think our away shirts sell so poor is because when people buy a shirt they do it for identify and with the colours we constantly go through, there is no identifiable away shirt.