Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Which one of these is going down with ‘cramp’ first? 

:D Leach will need a new glasses cloth pretty soon and I swear Overton's bat handle needs a new grip :whistle:

#whateverittakes

2 minutes ago, Kopic said:

This is just ridiculous.

If we shithouse a draw here and then win the final test at the Oval it will be the biggest robbery since Brink's-Mat.

And I'd absolutely love it...

Last Nights 2 Early wickets,really did it for us....but Australia with the World's best batsman...

and a slightly better disciplined Bowling attack in this series......Deserve to win......

This summer for England, A World-cup,against the Ashes...I will Take that!!!

Best team won, although we showed some fight and didn't capitulate today. Plenty of work to do but a 2-2 draw from this series wouldn't be a terrible result. Their bowling attack is better than ours and their best batsmen has stood up and torn us apart. We've had too many passengers, too many dropped catches and too many opportunities in matches go.

Better team won by some distance, yet again our captain was totally out thought as well over a long series.

Time to build a team around Stokes and Root now with the former as captain - how we played an Ashes series with guys like Roy and Denly for four matches opening is beyond me.

Sibley

Burns

Vince/Northeast?

Root

Stokes

Bairstow

Foakes

Woakes/Curran

Archer

Leach

Broad/Anderson

Really isn't much waiting in the wings besides those tried before. This needs to be a moment just like after the 2015 WC where everything is reset and started again, and the fans need to buy into that too. Give players a chance, particularly the openers. Like I said recently these players coming in and being put in wherever theres a spot, usually out of their position, need to come in knowing they've got atleast 2 or 3 series no matter what and assess it from there.

The middle order is fantastic but not when they're coming in at 20/3. Buttler at 7 would be great too but for the same problem. Either way I would resist making changes for the last test, particularly with the top order. Denly somehow is one of our form batsman really, maybe ship Roy out and bring Foakes in. Last thing we need is for new young players to come in against a world class attack and being put on the backfoot before we head into the winter.

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

Sibley has to be given a go now. Foakes over Buttler is a must, persist with Leach.

Archer obviously stays but he's got to think about the team more, his batting last couple of matches in crucial situations gave the impression he didn't give a shit.

Curran in for Anderson if he's on the way out.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Sibley has to be given a go now. Foakes over Buttler is a must, persist with Leach.

Archer obviously stays but he's got to think about the team more, his batting last couple of matches in crucial situations gave the impression he didn't give a shit.

Curran in for Anderson if he's on the way out.

If Foakes had been involved with England before Bairstow and Buttler, it wouldn't even have been a debate as to who would be playing.

More than pride to play for with Test Championship points and the chance to stop the Aussies winning the series, but we need an eye on the winter too so hopefully Sibley gets a go.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1