Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lincs sam

Drinkwater Charged with Drink Driving

13 minutes ago, Walkers said:

God forbid a player thinking he can cut it at a higher level than us

The problem was that he never was going to cut it when you see the midfield they had. He already had some shit seasons with us and Chelsea never saw him more than a back-up player (english player quota must be filed).

Still feel sorry for him and hope he'll leave Chelsea for a club where he can thrive again.

54 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Tbf it’s sad when your in the press stumbling out of clubs more that your name is associated with football stories.

He has become a z lister 

He's not even a Z lister. Remember when he tried to get into a nightclub for his birthday and the bouncers told him to fvck off. lol

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Wonder if he ever looks back and thinks if he wasn’t just a greedy bar steward he’d have been much better staying at City. To go from Prem League winner to not playing any football and now to this...

Tsssssk

Why does it come down to greed? Most players with confidence in their own ability will want to move and test themselves at a bigger club. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

The problem was that he never was going to cut it when you see the midfield they had. He already had some shit seasons with us and Chelsea never saw him more than a back-up player (english player quota must be filed).

Still feel sorry for him and hope he'll leave Chelsea for a club where he can thrive again.

Yeah. I feel dreadfully sorry for him too.... 

Must be a tough old life doing SFA and taking home 150k a week! 

Poor old Danny, you can understand why he drinks to get through his awful existence. 

Not condoning drink driving at all but the man's made a mistake (big mistake). We are all guilty of making mistakes. He will have to deal with the consequences of that. 

While I don't know the actual reason for his Chelsea move, on the face of it, did not seem entirely driven by greed. I didn't begrudge him a move away, we certainly got a good price for him. 

He was brilliant for us in our promotion and title winning season. I don't know why people are so quick to turn on him. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yeah. I feel dreadfully sorry for him too.... 

Must be a tough old life doing SFA and taking home 150k a week! 

Poor old Danny, you can understand why he drinks to get through his awful existence. 

I never really understood this kind of argument. Yes, professional footballers are on the sunny side of life but how many of them didn't make it? It's a very tough path to follow and success is all but guaranteed. It takes not only talent, but also hard work and some guts to become a professional footballer and it's certainly not for everyone. They get paid accordingly. It's an obscene amount of money nowadays but they don't make the rules, do they?

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

I never really understood this kind of argument. Yes, professional footballers are on the sunny side of life but how many of them didn't make it? It's a very tough path to follow and success is all but guaranteed. It takes not only talent, but also hard work and some guts to become a professional footballer and it's certainly not for everyone. They get paid accordingly. It's an obscene amount of money nowadays but they don't make the rules, do they?

See quite a few older players coming forward now about how having all that money and nothing to do leads to them developing problems drinking, gambling, becoming depressed etc because they are literally just sat around doing nothing

Not saying it is the same for Drinkwater, but you never know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What, leaving Citeh? 

lol no issues here with him leaving to be honest. 

All footballers back their own ability and most will take the chance of the higher level when offered to them. It's not worked out

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Why does it come down to greed? Most players with confidence in their own ability will want to move and test themselves at a bigger club. 

If he had confidence in his own ability to move to a ‘bigger club’, he severely misjudged that then!

:doh: