Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lincs sam

Drinkwater Charged with Drink Driving

Hope he is ordered to pay compensation to the people that were unfortunately on the latter end of his stupidity and also publically apologise to them.

However, as daft as it may be suggested about him, just hope that he hasn't formed a drinking problem, especially hardly playing when he should be at his prime at 29..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

This is his own doing...his career has taken a complete land slide. In some ways I feel a little sorry for him but this is what happens when people get greedy. He has to leave Chelsea at the end of this season.

I admir people who want to see if they can hack it in the chelsea squad. .. if they are realistic. .. but its a gamble. .... and i dont think he thought it thru.  I cant believe he earned more per week.

England have no playmaker.. yet drinkys gamble has seen his gametone fall to zero. ..... like when Delph went to man city.  Even Mahrez has to make do with scraps of game time.  

He is stuck.... wages too high for other clubs. ... missing out on key seasons and his england chance gone.  The sun showed a pic from last week. ... may be geeting sh1tfaced has become a habit to escape his disappointment

This is sad

Edited by foxinsocks

he is just treading water at Chelsea, he may have lots of money but his career is going nowhere. he should have asked for a loan move somewhere as soon as Sarri said what he did about him. he should count himself lucky that he didn't kill anyone. there is no excuse whatsoever for drink driving. he is fortunate not to have wrecked someone's life including his own!.

• Like 1

This isn't a million miles away from me. I note the BBC article says he lives in Alderley, Cheshire which is about as far as you can get from Chelsea.

Just shows how much he's valued if he lives up the other end of the country. Is he even turning up for training? 

Absolute waste to see that this is what it's come to. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47864761

Feel sorry for him, at least in regards to his career. Clearly had the talent and wanted to test himself at a higher level, and noone could really begrudge him his move to Chelsea. The lack of playing time since then, though, has completely derailed his career and he'll be wondering why he bothered. Messed up his chance of any more England caps in the process. Yes he's much richer for it (although he was already ludicrously wealthy at Leicester) but he'll still have plenty of regrets. He'll end up on loan at a promoted side next season, probably.

That being said, anyone drink-driving is a prize c*nt. No excuses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

This isn't a million miles away from me. I note the BBC article says he lives in Alderley, Cheshire which is about as far as you can get from Chelsea.

Just shows how much he's valued if he lives up the other end of the country. Is he even turning up for training? 

Absolute waste to see that this is what it's come to. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47864761

Loads of players do this. Think it was wellens and gally back in the day who used to travel down from manc for training every day.

Reminds me of the Billy Connolly quip when he got done for drink driving.

Judge: Drink driving is stupid for a rich public figure like you, why did you do it?

Billy: Because I was pissed. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Chelsea will use this to terminate his contract if he's proven guilty, which he probably will be.

Might not be the worst thing for him though. It would free him up and he could join a newly promoted side or similar and start working hard again. He needs to get back to what made him a success at Leicester in the first place, which was buckling down and giving it his all every week. 

It's really frustrating when you see this happen to professional footballers. I am sure many of us would dream of being good enough to play in the Premier League, and here is another example of someone flitting their opportunities away. 

13 minutes ago, foxer said:

Loads of players do this. Think it was wellens and gally back in the day who used to travel down from manc for training every day.

Think the only difference is that Chelsea have supposedly always had a ruling where you have to live within 10 miles of Cobham. Chances are he's been allowed to move back up there (used to live in Fuchs block in London?) and that's why he's set up his business in Manc... I wouldn't be surprised if he retired soon.