Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lincs sam

Drinkwater Charged with Drink Driving

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Chelsea will use this to terminate his contract if he's proven guilty, which he probably will be.

Can’t wait for the die hard 15/16 nostalgia brigade to campaign for him to come “home” 

In the articles it is saying that he has been partying like mad recently, getting 100k a week, never playing and being told that you are no longer wanted at the club

Hopefully this will be the thing that makes him realise he needs to leave Chelsea in the summer, not only for his football career but clearly for his personal health as well

14 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I think he will get the usual fine plus a driving ban rather than  the death penalty.

I think he'll also be sentenced to being called "Danny Drinkdriver" for the rest of his career. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Chelsea will use this to terminate his contract if he's proven guilty, which he probably will be.

Might not be the worst thing for him though. It would free him up and he could join a newly promoted side or similar and start working hard again. He needs to get back to what made him a success at Leicester in the first place, which was buckling down and giving it his all every week. 

It's really frustrating when you see this happen to professional footballers. I am sure many of us would dream of being good enough to play in the Premier League, and here is another example of someone flitting their opportunities away. 

Has any player ever had their contract terminated for Drink Driving?

He needs to knuckle down and get his head sorted. He seems to have gone off the rails recently but needs to realise partying every night and getting tanked isn’t going to bring his career back on course. I feel a little bit sorry for him, but he should never have left. He deserves whatever comes his way from the drink driving perspective. Sort yourself out Drinky!

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

In the articles it is saying that he has been partying like mad recently, getting 100k a week, never playing and being told that you are no longer wanted at the club

Hopefully this will be the thing that makes him realise he needs to leave Chelsea in the summer, not only for his football career but clearly for his personal health as well

Pearson always used to say he was a challenging player to manage, perhaps this is a peak into that. Lack of motivation, partying etc. Pearson perhaps had to be on him all the time to keep him on the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Pearson always used to say he was a challenging player to manage, perhaps this is a peak into that. Lack of motivation, partying etc. Pearson perhaps had to be on him all the time to keep him on the ball. 

Yeah I remember that too. I can't believe Chelsea actually paid us 35M for him. 

What a disaster at 29yrs.. Career is almost at its end... and clubs knowing his behavior really doesn't bode well for him especially so late in his career, Immaturity still lingering. He should of stayed at City, he had the respect from all angles. Unfortunately human nature is a bitch and greed/London living temptation set in. A Fantasy took hold of him playing with Kante again and winning another Title..... What a sad end. such a shame. #idiot #drinkwaternotalcohol

k thanks.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Has any player ever had their contract terminated for Drink Driving?

Nope I don't think so, but given Chelsea are about to hit a transfer ban and the player has not been in the plans of the last two coaches, this might be a unique situation. It depends on the contract the player has with the club:

As usual with these issues the answer is never quite as simple and an employer would like.  The simple bit is that if your errant member of staff has a job that requires them to drive and if the driving conviction means that they are banned from driving, then you have grounds to dismiss them if you wish because they are unable to do their job.  This would apply to the travelling sales person, or the delivery driver or similar job.  If you don’t want to dismiss them then you will have to make sure they can do the job some other way, or change their job specification to get them doing something else.

If their job doesn’t require them to drive and they can still get themselves to work then there may be no need to dismiss them.  

But if your employment contract states that committing a criminal offense is grounds for dismissal then you would still have a reason to dismiss them.

Even then it is also possible to dismiss someone for their conduct outside of work if it has a bearing on their job i.e. if it “affects the employment relationship”.  For example, in the case of drink driving if the person was training or managing people who were drivers for the company you could make a case that it was setting a bad example within the company and so was grounds for dismissal.

So much for moving to a bigger club! Boy, we certainly had Chelsea 's pants down for 34m! Could actually turn out that we sold him and Marhez at the right time albeit we were disappointed at the time. One things for sure, neither of their current clubs will get their money back. Just goes to show, every club buys a Musa, Slimani, Silva and Iheanacho occasionally  ... bugger we bought four of them!