Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Whatever the future holds for LCFC, JV will never be replaced. 

Everything we've achieved, although many others have played a major part, he is what makes us. 

His attitude, his fight and his desire for continual inprovement is has put us on the football map. 

Absolutely love him, he must never leave. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 21/04/2019 at 02:01, Dan LCFC said:

Three goals off the golden boot and he's spent a lot of the season playing in a side that hasn't really created much for him. I got the whole idea of wanting to phase out the ageing players but not Vardy, he might be 32 but he's as good as he's ever been and think he'll get 20+ again next year. Maybe even this year given his record against the top six.

Outstanding striker and we're lucky to have him.

Fully agree.  There cannot ever be phasing out of the values that Vardy represents at Leicester City FC. They are amongst others values of loyalty, family, determination and hard work. They need to be celebrated constantly. At no point in time would I want to see fans here talk about phasing out Vardy because he is getting old and not banging in goals as frequently as fans like, because it would also mean phasing out of the much more important values that he represent and which we as a football club need to keep in order to generate the sort of spirit and family atmosphere that the club has. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

At my age I should be way beyond the hero worship of footballers and I probably am ... but I have to admit to being very close to it with Vardy. He's given so much since he's been here and his 'never give up' attitude had been a great example to kids like my son (albeit he's taller than me now). I still get that rush of anticipation everytime he gets the ball. Perhaps I'll never grow up, that's why I still go.

Yep- thought I'd outgrown all that and Walshie would forever be my favourite player but Vary has overtaken him now. Legend.

• Like 1

If Jamie Vardy learned how to stat pad against rubbish teams he would score 30 a sesson. Aguero doesn't hesitate to bag 4 against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth. 

Great players score against big teams plus they stat pad against shit teams and end up having the goal scoring records they have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

If Jamie Vardy learned how to stat pad against rubbish teams he would score 30 a sesson. Aguero doesn't hesitate to bag 4 against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth. 

Great players score against big teams plus they stat pad against shit teams and end up having the goal scoring records they have.

Can't remember him bagging the fifth in a 5-1, for example. I know he got a third in 3-0 last week but he got the clinching second goal too.

He's got so many winners, equalisers, first goal in a 2-0, 2-1 etc.

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The bloke is a Leicester City legend

The day he retires/leaves will be a sad day indeed

It’s going to be a massive massive struggle to replace him. Finding a striker these days that not only scores 20+ a season, but also dictates the way you play AND the way the opposition has to set up against you AND loves the club is priceless really. We might even have to change the way we play entirely when he goes.

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

It’s going to be a massive massive struggle to replace him. Finding a striker these days that not only scores 20+ a season, but also dictates the way you play AND the way the opposition has to set up against you AND loves the club is priceless really. We might even have to change the way we play entirely when he goes.

That’s the thing- he’s irreplaceable. 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Jamie Vardy’s magic?

Yep good song?

Trouble with Leicester fans, they're not great at learning songs with too many words. 

WYS? 

I always thought Vardy Army, like the Barmy Army would be easier and could be sung for long periods. 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who WERE the posters who claimed that Puel dropping Vardy (on one occasion starting Gray up top) was the correct thing to do?

Im sure some did...?

Cmon, own up...

:P

lol

Who were the posters that claimed we'd made 'an expensive mistake' after his first season here and said we should get rid?

Im sure some did...?

Cmon, own up...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

lol

Who were the posters that claimed we'd made 'an expensive mistake' after his first season here and said we should get rid?

Im sure some did...?

Cmon, own up...

Probably easier to identify who wasn’t to be honest.

• Like 1

Basically, unless you thought he'd always be the player he turned out to be from the start, we've all been wrong about him at some point.

The issue would be if you were still doubting his quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Plenty thought the loan to Wednesday that was proposed was a reasonable course of action, of course, but I've got a feeling Col might be about to tell us about how he knew Vardy would be a legend from his first game, as he does...

Behold the 10th wonder of the world....The OraCOL