Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

The amount of people who said he was finished (some still do) is remarkable.

He really had no right to be in the golden boot race having spent 2/3 of the season feeding off scraps.

He could still end the season as the highest scoring English player in the top flight :appl:

Beggars belief how he is still so underestimated. Arsenal set up like they were playing against Ian Marshall and Gary Coatsworth yesterday not Vardy and Ricardo...

I know he's got a lot left in him yet but I dread to think how we replace the player our current success is built around. 

Maybe Tielemans and Maddison indicate a different style coming in future years...

These kind of discussions are amusement to me.

When arsenal came in, we were in the champions league and defending champions of England; whilst Arsenal are known for getting into a position and then ****ing up and are a yoyo team in terms of the top 4.

We were massively on the up and didn't capitalise on it, whilst Arsenal are still in a massive transition period. Hed have never started ahead of names like Lacazette and Aubameyang, purely due to who they are. 

And he'd have probably ended up with some shite generic Sloop John B "He scores when he wants" song that Arsenal fans seem to sing for most of their players so he avoided that which will no doubt make him relieved.

I’ve no doubt he’d have been good enough to have made it at Arsenal, but I don’t think he’d have been used properly there at all. Stuck out wide half the time and later benched for a bigger name too. Obviously in staying here he had to endure Puelball for a bit but ultimately, with him being the figurehead of the Rodgers revolution, I think he’ll be delighted he stayed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

When arsenal came in, we were in the champions league and defending champions of England; whilst Arsenal are known for getting into a position and then ****ing up and are a yoyo team in terms of the top 4.

We were massively on the up and didn't capitalise on it, whilst Arsenal are still in a massive transition period. Hed have never started ahead of names like Lacazette and Aubameyang, purely due to who they are. 

People need to understand the media make controversial statements to keep them in a job. 

On 30/04/2019 at 08:30, UniFox21 said:

Absolutely right and what's more, despite us not capitalising at that time, if I look at our transition compared to Arsenal's combined with the way we beat them on Saturday, I think ours is in a healthier position. Our squad is more youthful, giving a higher potential longevity  (or higher sell on value) and I'd also suggest that if we could get Tielemans, we need far less of a rebuild, how many of their players are or approaching 30 with no real sell on value. On paper at least, out future is looking really bright with some potential future major players amongst our kids!

• Like 1

At my age I should be way beyond the hero worship of footballers and I probably am ... but I have to admit to being very close to it with Vardy. He's given so much since he's been here and his 'never give up' attitude had been a great example to kids like my son (albeit he's taller than me now). I still get that rush of anticipation everytime he gets the ball. Perhaps I'll never grow up, that's why I still go.

• Like 3