Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

He was one of the players that has been in self-isolation, as he was reported to have dry cough.

But he tested negative for Coronavirus.

Source: King Power Stadium Groundsman lead.

-

With regards to player training:

After one group of the squad finishes and leaves the training ground, there's an hour of no activity on site before the next group of players train - so that distances between the squad are in place.

Edited by Wymsey

On 29/03/2020 at 12:43, Koke said:

I just did a quiz LCFC posted about our 30 PL highest scores.

I got a bunch wrong but shat stood out to me was hiw far ahesd Vardy is of anyone else. 

Screenshot_20200329-132451_Chrome.thumb.jpg.696353eec9ab69518b48ddcc7f803a0d.jpg

I don't know if it's because I've had one too many isolation numbers, but where's Andy King? I'd bet a bollock he's scored more than 7 premier League goals. 

Edit.

A quick Google, tells me he's scored 8. The list missed the King that is Andy.

Edited by browniefox
Google
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

I don't know if it's because I've had one too many isolation numbers, but where's Andy King? I'd bet a bollock he's scored more than 7 premier League goals. 

Edit.

A quick Google, tells me he's scored 8. The list missed the King that is Andy.

6 for us though.

2 for Swansea.

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2020 at 19:00, Fox92 said:

Part 2

Bramall Lane this season will always be my favourite. Purely on a personal level all the Blades fans I know who were so wound up with that lol The reaction of their Kop lol 

Edited by Fox92

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Part 2

Bramall Lane this season will always be my favourite. Purely on a personal level all the Blades fans I know who were so wound up with that lol The reaction of their Kop lol 

Bramall Lane was quality rustling :D Have to admit I always enjoy any of the celebrations away at THAT corner at West Brom... I’m sure that after one goal the baggies fans in the corner were already abusing him before he’d even scored as they knew he was coming lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Is it right that Vardy hasn't won any player of the season awards whilst being here? Not fan voted one anyway. Might not have won this year either but would have had a good chance.

It is right. Morgan, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Mahrez, Schmeichel, Maguire and Ricardo have all won it whilst Vardy has been with us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2020 at 18:11, Ian Norman Droid said:

Yesterday I had a little realisation that if the season doesn't finish for a few months that moves Vardy that much closer to an age where we'll need to consider replacing him. I hate writing those words. We will never, ever find another Jamie Vardy. Need to somehow keep him young forever!

I thought the opposite, it's another year where he's more professional (cut the prematch port out) and he's looking after his body more. When you consider that he made a late start to his professional career he's more likely to be able to play deeper into his 30s because his joints, tendons and cartilage etc have had less constant wear everyday.

Get voting for Vardy :worship:

Match of the Day: Top 10 podcast - players outside the 'big six' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

My top 10 for what it's worth 

1. Vardy

2. Juninho

3. Le Tissier

4. Tim Cahill

5. Kevin Phillips 

6. Jay Jay Okocha 

7. Gary Speed

8. Di Canio

9. Gareth Southgate 

10. David Batty 

Worth noting Vardy is the only one out of those to win the league :D

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Get voting for Vardy :worship:

Match of the Day: Top 10 podcast - players outside the 'big six' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

My top 10 for what it's worth 

1. Vardy

2. Juninho

3. Le Tissier

4. Tim Cahill

5. Kevin Phillips 

6. Jay Jay Okocha 

7. Gary Speed

8. Di Canio

9. Gareth Southgate 

10. David Batty 

Worth noting Vardy is the only one out of those to win the league :D

David Batty did with Blackburn- he was injured for a lot of the season and refused a medal but would've played a big part.

It's a flawed concept as discussed elsewhere- surprised Shearer agreed to this as he would be top of it with his career.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

David Batty did with Blackburn- he was injured for a lot of the season and refused a medal but would've played a big part.

It's a flawed concept as discussed elsewhere- surprised Shearer agreed to this as he would be top of it with his career.

Aah didn't realise he was at Blackburn. 

• 4 weeks later...

Article in the Mercury today about Vardy.   Apparently in Spain they want to know how he does it so they asked 3 Spanish City players ...

Should have also asked an England manager ....   “He ain’t bad I suppose ..” ...   

406AA9C4-7AED-4E0C-BDDB-2C4AA6D580E3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reminded that Vardy is on 99 premier league goals, so assuming he scores in his next game, his 203rd game, that gives him an outstanding goals to game ratio of 0.49.

Matt Le Tissier scored 100 goals in 270 games.

Drogba scored 104 goals in 254 games.

Emile Heskey scored 110 goals in 516 games.

I appreciate these aren't the best strikers to grace the Premiership but it still puts into context just how prolific of a goalscorer he is. Added bonus that all 99 goals are for us.

Lets assume he bags another 4 goals this season, that will give him 103 goals in 211 games. Should be play a huge part in our squad next year which is pretty much guaranteed, even if he only scores 10 goals, that's 113 goals in up to 249 games. Still an incredible record. 

Edited by Wrighty22
  • Like 2