Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

23 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

scrolling down to replies to the club's tweet...possibly one of the worst opinions I've ever read on anything, ever. 

Oscar wins the Oscar for best supporting idiot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Plenty thought the loan to Wednesday that was proposed was a reasonable course of action, of course, but I've got a feeling Col might be about to tell us about how he knew Vardy would be a legend from his first game, as he does...

I had no idea how good Vardy would be?

:D

But I did say it was a ridiculous decision when Puel dropped our best striker in a million miles. If people who agreed with Puel on this can’t own up about it, then that tells a lot more about them than about me... 

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

But I did say it was a ridiculous decision when Puel dropped our best striker in a million miles. If people who agreed with Puel on this can’t own up about it, then that tells a lot more about them than about me... 

Why does being right and calling out people for being wrong bother you so much?

Is it the whole Cambiasso/Cattermole thing still hurting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Why does being right and calling out people for being wrong bother you so much?

Is it the whole Cambiasso/Cattermole thing still hurting?

It simply interests me who is now shouting for Jamie as a club legend, when only a few months ago the very same posters seemed more than happy to have him dropped from the side.

I’m interested in the psychology of this and the hypocrisy too.

If you actually read the forum you’ll see I make as many jokes about Clattermole as everyone else does.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

It simply interests me who is now shouting for Jamie as a club legend, when only a few months ago the very same posters seemed more than happy to have him dropped from the side.

If you actually read the forum you’ll see I make as many jokes about Clattermole as everyone else does.

Yeah, I know you do to be fair Col. 

To be honest I’m one of those who have probably got just about everything wrong. 

Back on topic, I never thought that dropping Vardy was correct (I don’t think I did anyway). 

All I've ever said is that he/we sometimes struggle against deep block cluttered defences.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Maybe dropping him for one game also helped motivate him. Who knows.

There is some hypocrisy but we are all hypocrites sometimes. As long as you can admit you're wrong that's the important bit imo.

Chilwell was also being written off 12 months ago. Many kept saying Puel should ship him out. He was 20 years old playing for a top 10 PL side. I said at the time if a 20 year old academy products can't get patience and support from his own fan base then who can? 

Ricardo also started poorly and look at him now. 

I don't understand the tendency of football fans to write off players after 6-12 months. David De Gea was a total liability in his first season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

scrolling down to replies to the club's tweet...possibly one of the worst opinions I've ever read on anything, ever. 

Come on!!?   Any guy called Oscar,can't ever be taken serious, failed by default...:crylaugh:

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Being honest, I think I may have said that Vardy should be dropped or moved on if Puel was to stay and try to bring in his style of football as it didn't suit Vardy, this was more a statement regarding Puel than Vardy. I believe if CP was still here Vardy would be looking for a move away. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

If you can't own up to being wrong then why should anyone else? lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I obviously think he's a club legend but that doesn't mean I think he should never be dropped. If he goes through a sustained spell of bad form then of course his place in the starting line up should be questioned, as with every player. That's not really hypocrisy

36 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Didn't Vardy get dropped for one game (away at Spurs)? 

He wasn't in great form (to say the least) and we tried something a bit different, not sure why it's such a talking point.

I don't get it either. He probably deserved to be dropped atvthe time. Nobody said get rid of him so not sure why it's a talking point.. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't get it either. He probably deserved to be dropped atvthe time. Nobody said get rid of him so not sure why it's a talking point.. 

For me, the point here is clear.

The issue wasn’t Vardy, it was Puel. 

The number of players (not only Vardy), who have produced performances far more akin to their ability, under Rodgers, makes this obvious.

Quite a few posters were all for dropping Maddison (or even selling him... the most ‘over-rated player in the division’) too

Here’s the rub.. many posters chose Puel over these players. Of course Vardy is a club legend but the apparent willingness to almost dismiss him earlier in the season as a victim of the ‘Puel project’ was there to see

I just find this interesting 

Thank God we made the managerial change when we did. I kinda think Vardy might not even be here anymore.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

The name “Oscar” sounds like some nonce house cat who lives with his 60 year old owners in a 7 bedroom detached thatched-roof renovated barn in the outskirts of Old Dalby.  I bet the çunt only drinks Organic Dutchy sparkling water and has never been anywhere near the post code of LE2.  Don’t step to me with your opinions on selling our best ever striker. 

**** off, Oscar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Cujek
13 hours ago, browniefox said:

Being honest, I think I may have said that Vardy should be dropped or moved on if Puel was to stay and try to bring in his style of football as it didn't suit Vardy, this was more a statement regarding Puel than Vardy. I believe if CP was still here Vardy would be looking for a move away. 

If Puel was still here I would be looking to move away. 

Vardy is a true legend and should have a statue in the town center. 

I'll hold my hands up and say I thought he was declining earlier this year. I didn't see the same player id seen terrorising defences. He was missing easy chances and lacked that buzz .

But look how things have changed since BR came in. Shows a lot of things happening off the pitch led to his poorer performances. Happy to see him back to his best and being a right pain for everyone to deal with!

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I'll hold my hands up and say I thought he was declining earlier this year. I didn't see the same player id seen terrorising defences. He was missing easy chances and lacked that buzz .

But look how things have changed since BR came in. Shows a lot of things happening off the pitch led to his poorer performances. Happy to see him back to his best and being a right pain for everyone to deal with!

Good lad. You make some cracking posts imo

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1