Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I don't think he gets the recognition outside of Leicester that he deserves, particularly with England.

I know we got to the world cup semi finals but part of me still resents Southgate for not using Vardy properly and persisting with Sterling who did f*** all :unsure:

For us he's been immense. A game doesn't feel complete if Vards doesn't smash it in the back of the net lol. Our greatest striker 

Monster of a player. Hands down the best out of the top 6 and most certainly one of the best finishers out there. He made it almost impossible to any other striker to cement their place in our starting XI. I think he still has 1-2 seasons with +20 goals but we absolutely need to prepare the transition and find an alternative when teams are sitting too deep.

Anyways, big big shoes to fill for his successor who will either have to hit the ground running or enjoy a torrid time at the club. Especially from the fans.

On 20/04/2019 at 19:25, foxes_rule1978 said:

I remember when Pearson bought him for a million, some had eyebrows raised, and said we will come to really like this guy... he was right plus x10 what a find what a player. 

Pearson on Goals On Sunday,  said that Walsh was tracking him for ages and they wanted to buy him whilst at Hull,  but couldn't because of issues with transfers. Just think if Pearson had taken him to Hull instead of us. 

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

Pearson on Goals On Sunday,  said that Walsh was tracking him for ages and they wanted to buy him whilst at Hull,  but couldn't because of issues with transfers. Just think if Pearson had taken him to Hull instead of us. 

I’m sure we’d have just purchased him from Hull for a couple of mill more!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

The thought of Fryatt and Vardy :cry:

My two favourite Leicester strikers

I think the Harry Kane vs Vardy debate was always an interesting one and whilst Kane is a world class striker that is good at everything, I always felt that Vardy was more the player that defenders would hate to play against.

Kane loves the ball to feet whereas defenders hate the ball in behind and there is no one better in world football at those runs imo and hassling defenders with his aggression. I really do believe that if managers had more faith in him in the tournament games, we would have gone a lot further.

• Like 3

On 20/04/2019 at 19:05, Freeman's Wharfer said:

In 30 years time when you ask someone to name a former player they associate with Leicester City it will not be Lineker, Banks or Shilton, it will be Jamie Vardy.

He is now synonymous with Leicester City. An absolute global icon and a club legend.

We’ll struggle to replace him when he retires. How much would a guaranteed 15-25 goals a season Premier League striker set you back these days?

15-25 goal strikers generally only play for the top 6. In recent times, Other than Lukaku at Everton, I can't think of another team outside the top 6 that has had a striker that scores like Vardy does. 

On 21/04/2019 at 03:38, foxfanazer said:

I dread the day he retires. People can laugh all they want at this but he's genuinely world class

I doubt there's more than a handful (if that) of players in the world who can pull off that finish of his on Saturday. As someone said "filth". Good Luck to us replacing his talent and his mentality.