Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Just think how many goals he would have scored had Brendan been here at the start of the season, and for that matter where Leicester City would be in the legaue. I tend not to use the word "legend" but without doubt 'Reg' is an outstanding player with terrific talent and I am glad I don't have to face him on the field of play.

Edited by David Hankey

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I said it in the match thread but I don't mind repeating myself.

After all I don't mind repeating myself.

After struggling with Puel's methods by his own admission, Vardy is only three goals away from the golden boot as it stands.

Vardy has scored 9 goals in the last 10 games, only missing out against Burnley and Newcastle.  If you think how phenomenal his Premier League scoring record was (11 in 11), he nearly gone and repeated it.

I wish he was 23.

I dont!! He was crap at 23...:rolleyes:

I think you could argue he's our best ever. He's scored more goals for us than anybody since 1961 and it's inarguable that such goal-scoring records are harder to come by in the modern game. Added to the fact that he was the top scorer in our title-winning season, surely nobody has been a greater number nine for Leicester than Vardy. 

Jamie is a phenomenon - 16 goals in 35 PL games, 27 of them with Puel's AVS Anti-Vardy-System.

Vards has shown it to all critics again and again, and especially to this Frenchman, how good he really is...

Jamie, you are the greatest 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

2 more goals to be highest scoring England player this season. No wonder Southgate was checking him out today! 

He was? 

I know they left the door open for an England return and with Kane's injury he could get the call.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, Mr. Leicester City as far as I am concerned.

Probably would give that honour to Alan Birchenall; given his numerous off-the-field duties he has done for the club, and raising £1m+ to local charities via his end-of-season runs over many years.

But Vardy certainly deserves utmost respect for what he's achieved personally and his contributions via both the Pearson and without no doubt at all Ranieri's first-ever season at the club.

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He was? 

I know they left the door open for an England return and with Kane's injury he could get the call.

I'm sure there were other English players he was checking out lol. Southgate wouldn't have been there for Vardy anyway; he knows Vardy is retired and probably won't be able to coax him out of it.

Plenty of other players on the pitch to look out for for Southgate.

Jamie Vardy.................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................is my favourite

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I think you could argue he's our best ever. He's scored more goals for us than anybody since 1961 and it's inarguable that such goal-scoring records are harder to come by in the modern game. Added to the fact that he was the top scorer in our title-winning season, surely nobody has been a greater number nine for Leicester than Vardy. 

I like that this thread topic has been introduced.

We should not take this man for granted -  let's savour every second of his time with us.

By Miles and miles and miles our best striker ever.