Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think his missing chances is just another sign of his body being out of kilter with what he’s used to in his mind. 

At the highest level, such fine margins count. If his legs move a millisecond slower than they did before, if his balance is slightly off because he’s lost some flexibility, if his touch is slightly worse. These are all things that impact. 

He may adapt yet again and become a pure poacher like Cottee was for us (bagging 10-13 prem goals a season) but I don’t think we’ll see a prolonged purple patch like Vardy of old again.

That’s not to say that he doesn’t contribute or shouldn’t be in the side. He still brings plenty of assists - as he has always done - but that’s the kind of thing that will look great when thrown in with a ‘goal involvement’ stat combined with Iheanacho but doesn’t tell the full story of watching him week in week out for the last few months. Right now he just doesn’t have the goals he’s usually had in recent years to go with it and he’s missing chances he wouldn’t even blink at before.

He’s the LCFC GOAT but it’s not abuse or fickle to say that we think he might not be the player we have come to know anymore.

That bit in bold is spot on and I agree.

My initial ‘fickle’ comment was based on reading ‘he’s finished’ and other over dramatic hyperboles. If he scores that chance and we win 2-1 he’s probably back to his best suddenly and there’s no such reactions.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Madders was an absolute embarrassment tonight. 10 men and he’s picking it up deep going nowhere. He should of been right up with Nacho and Vardy all first half but instead he was almost coming as deep as Wilf and Youri.

Positioning awful, not breaking the lines and let’s not go into his awful passing and shooting, he looks a shadow of someone pushing an England squad right now..

My point exactly , let’s be honest Vardy hasn’t been his usually self for a while but he still had an effect on the game . 

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

My point exactly , let’s be honest Vardy hasn’t been his usually self for a while but he still had an effect on the game . 

Yeah Vardys not the GOAT he once was and I think his finishing has been awful but I still believe hes part of the reason we are doing well and has been very good in large parts of the season beside his finishing. It’s not a new thing though, ever since he missed a 1 on 1 vs West Ham in the 4th game of this season it’s got worse. That was the first time I went ‘what!? So unlike Vards’ and since then he’s missed about 5/6 chances at least I’ve suddenly not expected him to score as he’s lost his edge for sure. His overall game is decent and his movement is top class, he gets a lot of these chances by good movement and smart touches. It remains to be seen if he can just get that little edge/confidence/whatever it is to bag a few goals.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Whatever the shortcomings of the team tonight, calling this team, or any member of it an embarrassment is utter gubbins, given the season they're giving us.

I didn’t call him an embarrassment as a player but he was an embarrassment tonight. That performance he gave tonight was a 3/10 at best by anyone’s standards.

Edited by deanolegend1989

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah Vardys not the GOAT he once was and I think his finishing has been awful but I still believe hes part of the reason we are doing well and has been very good in large parts of the season beside his finishing. It’s not a new thing though, ever since he missed a 1 on 1 vs West Ham in the 4th game of this season it’s got worse. That was the first time I went ‘what!? So unlike Vards’ and since then he’s missed about 5/6 chances at least I’ve suddenly not expected him to score as he’s lost his edge for sure. His overall game is decent and his movement is top class, he gets a lot of these chances by good movement and smart touches. It remains to be seen if he can just get that little edge/confidence/whatever it is to bag a few goals.

I didn’t call him an embarrassment as a player but he was an embarrassment tonight. That performance he gave tonight was a 3/10 at best by anyone’s standards.

I’d be more worried if he wasn’t getting into the positions at all . 

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It's fine, it's just a word that gets used too much by many people, and thus loses meaning. Going to that party - now that WAS an embarrassment.

Incredible player, even at this moment when he is struggling, but the fact of the matter is that he is likely the least efficient attacking player in the entire league in 2021, missing 1 or more clear cut chances nearly every match. Very hard to sustain success when the top forward in your team is missing at that rate.

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

I’d be more worried if he wasn’t getting into the positions at all . 

Exactly how I see it. However it is concerning how many chances he has missed, I’m not convinced he’s going to finish.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's fine, it's just a word that gets used too much by many people, and thus loses meaning. Going to that party - now that WAS an embarrassment.

That I can definitely agree on!

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Exactly how I see it. However it is concerning how many chances he has missed, I’m not convinced he’s going to finish.

That I can definitely agree on!

The funny thing is I’ve got this strange gut feeling he will score the winner for us in the FA cup final to cement his legend status before slowly bowing out . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s been prone before to head down and blasting it when he’s out of form, I did think he was going to go on one of his runs after the goal against West Brom.

He does love a goal against the big boys though, it would be typical Vards to turn it on last 3 games and pull us through.

Edited by skolfoxes
  • Like 2

Just now, skolfoxes said:

He’s been prone before to head down and blasting it when he’s out of form.

I did think he was going to go on one of his runs after the goal against West Brom.

He does love a goal against the big boys though, it would be typical Vards to turn it on last 3 games and pull is through.

Just when everyone has written him off 

7 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Madders was an absolute embarrassment tonight. 10 men and he’s picking it up deep going nowhere. He should of been right up with Nacho and Vardy all first half but instead he was almost coming as deep as Wilf and Youri.

Positioning awful, not breaking the lines and let’s not go into his awful passing and shooting, he looks a shadow of someone pushing an England squad right now..

Maddison had to go deep to get in between the lines, Southampton did a great defensive job. However, he struggled to impact the game in any way. He is miles off any England involvement, Southgate is justified.

This Vardy in amazing form narrative is hilarious. Vardy in amazing form scored in 11 games on the bounce.

It may shock you but even children make runs and work hard. It's so disrespectful to Kel to say that he wouldnt be scoring if Vardy wasnt on the pitch making the runs I'd expect from any striker in the world.

It’s one of them where he’s probably our best player ever, and defences will know he can cause issues. But, it’s obvious to us how far he’s fallen in terms of form and confidence. I thought after his goal the other week he’d gain some confidence and go on a little run. Hopefully he’ll get one against Newcastle. He’s definitely helped in some of Kel’s goals with assists and intelligent runs, but that’s not to take anything away from Kel - he’s been on fire. 

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I don’t think Madders was good last night but only thing I would say is that you need one of the front players to come deep against 10 men sitting in otherwise we just have a flat front line. 

So called fans on here need to get off his back. Cut the bloke some slack , he has not scored many in recent

Weeks but has assisted a good few,The bloke needs all the support we can muster , there are no alternatives 

9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Maddison's purple patch earlier in the season came when he was playing almost as a second striker alongside Vardy.  I think our moving to a front two has led to him dropping deeper or being asked to do so, and he looks far less effective. Still have faith in him, even if he can be hugely frustrating at times.