Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Turned into 12/13 Vardy. He’s so bad it’s getting annoying now. Pointless him being on the pitch. 

I agree he was absolutely garbage tonight (and has been for a good few games now) He should be the one getting us over the line in these games. Instead he's on the fringes and when he does get on the ball he miscontrols it or misses chances. Fed up of him at the moment. I dread to think where we'd be had Kel not hit form in the 2nd half of this season.

I said in the post match thread, we knew this time was going to come.

The guys is a genuine legend for what hes done but he just seems to have lost it.  He doesn't worry defenders anymore and he doesn't take chances like he used to.  But thats not a slight on him, its an age thing and it catches up with us all.  I think this is his last full season.  I suspect next season will be more of an "off the bench" roll.  We need to really start planning for his departure.

• Like 1

To be honest if all he did in a game is walk out, take a dump in the centre circle and get sent off - then he still wouldn't owe us anything. 

Far too early to say he's finished, although he isn't going to last forever. At the moment it's not like we have a long list of alternatives. Kel needs a partner and the only other one is Perez. 

• Like 1

Whisper it quietly but I think he’s gone over the hill.

It feels like he might not realise yet but I think his mind still expects the Jamie Vardy body of recent years but his legs aren’t reacting like they used to. Happens to all of them eventually.

But this is Jamie Vardy so you can never write him off. And, even if the legs are going, he’s still contributing something. It’s just not what peak Jamie Vardy was offering and that will be hard for us to take.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer
  • Like 1

Any of you slagging Vardy, he didn't score but he still created more chances for his teammates than Maddison this evening.

And that after a near leg breaker.

I'm convinced he will come good again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s mad hearing all this. The other day he was playing well and being a great partner for Kel. Crazy how much people want to put him down. He was poor today but he was better than Kel. Kel was awful first half and despite being slightly better 2nd half, should of buried that header but missed it and gave away a pen that ultimately cost us. Vardy did well to actually get the chance(should of scored) but also set up Wilf perfectly. If either of those go in, I guarantee we’d hear ‘Vards playing well, great partnership’ etc etc. Fickle as f*k foxestalk...

Nope not at all, he’s been crap for 3 months. His control is terrible and his finishing is 12/13 Vardy. The amount of chances he’s missed in the last 3 month is insane. His last good game was sheff Utd at home. Vardy use to be a machine in front of goal. It’s a sad situation but I’m a realist and I’m not being sentimental. Football moves on and we can’t live off past glory. 

5 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s mad hearing all this. The other day he was playing well and being a great partner for Kel. Crazy how much people want to put him down. He was poor today but he was better than Kel. Kel was awful first half and despite being slightly better 2nd half, should of buried that header but missed it and gave away a pen that ultimately cost us. Vardy did well to actually get the chance(should of scored) but also set up Wilf perfectly. If either of those go in, I guarantee we’d hear ‘Vards playing well, great partnership’ etc etc. Fickle as f*k foxestalk...

No, you're in denial. Any other player would be getting absolute pelters rather than rumblings of discontent if they performed like this for months on end. Vardy is protected as an LCFC legend but he should never be above criticism. Stick a fork in him, he's done as a player at the top top level.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Any of you slagging Vardy, he didn't score but he still created more chances for his teammates than Maddison this evening.

And that after a near leg breaker.

I'm convinced he will come good again.

But when will he come good again? You could keep saying this forever. We need him to start scoring goals NOW - in the next five matches that will define our season.

He has the third biggest negative gap between xG and goals scored of any player in the PL this season - only Maupay and Firmino have been worse finishers than him this season.

That’s not about his speed or sharpness - he’s still getting in decent positions and getting one good chance per game but he’s undeniably become wasteful. In a sense I’m less worried about that as I doubt he’ll lose his ability to finish permanently, but he is going through a really prolonged rough patch and we need to accept that this could be (but isn’t necessarily) the beginning of the end.

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why is it ? Have you seen him play for the last 3 months. He’s a legend and I love him but he’s done. 

Behave. It if wasn't for him in the last month or two we wouldn't be where we are now. His movement and work rate sets an example for the team. 

He didn't create a lot tonight but none of them did. Their keeper made a class save to deny him. 

Go back over the last few games and tell me he hasn't done anything and I will tell you know nothing about football. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 3

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, you're in denial. Any other player would be getting absolute letters rather than rumblings if discontent if they performed like this for months on end. Vardy is protected as an LCFC legend but he should never be above criticism. Stick a fork in him, he's done as a player at the top top level.

I’m not in denial because I’m not saying he’s peak Vards. He’s clearly not and past his best which I’ve been saying in lots of posts on this thread. He’s been declining since Man City Dec 2019(when I believe he was last at peak), but that’s not to say we are going to completely the other way saying he’s finished! He’s finished as a world class striker that he was 2015-2019 but he’s still valuable and offers a lot.

He missed one chance that he did well initially in the first place to get. If he scored it, not one negative post comes in this chat, that’s the reality.

Madders and Nacho were far worse today. It was painful to see how poor they were.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Nope not at all, he’s been crap for 3 months. His control is terrible and his finishing is 12/13 Vardy. The amount of chances he’s missed in the last 3 month is insane. His last good game was sheff Utd at home. Vardy use to be a machine in front of goal. It’s a sad situation but I’m a realist and I’m not being sentimental. Football moves on and we can’t live off past glory. 

He’s suffering on his finishing but his all round performances have been not bad, he was good vs Saints in the cup and vs West Brom.

I think people just compare him to his peak which he’s clearly past and anyone can see that. It’s not black or white he’s not world class or finished, there’s a middle ground and that’s what he’s currently showing.

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Behave. It if wasn't for him in the last month or two we wouldn't be where we are now. His movement and work rate sets an example for the team. 

He didn't create a lot tonight but none of them did. Their keeper made a class save to deny him. 

Go back over the last few games and tell me he hasn't done anything and I will tell you know know nothing about football. 

It it wasn’t for him ? Sorry but I don’t agree at all with that. He’s missed more chances then he’s created and thankfully Kel had stepped up big time. Kel is a better all around player. He got that chance tonight he buries it. Vardy missed great chances against palace. He could of cost us.