Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, I'm sure the lack of fans and the officiating are the problem.  His age and fitness to play have nothing to do with it.

Definitely a bit of both. He thrives on fan reactions. Probably one of the few that will do better with fans being there. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Certainly helps if you have two officials allow a central defender to get away with a cowardly off the ball incident. 

That groin has got him sadly - I suspect they could be another operation on its way. 

Wouldn't be shocked if in summer he had another.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

What an absolute club legend he is! He looked so sharp today.

He seems to have adapted his game for the 2 upfront so well. I like it how he breaks to the left as he can either shoot, cut back, or most importantly play it into Nacho on his favoured left foot as that wouldn't be as effective from the right with Nacho having to either work it on to his left or let it come across his body. 

Also you could see what it meant to Jamie at the end. I really really really hope he gets the winner in the final, it would be so fitting.

What a guy! 

If he wins the facup at wembley

can you imagine even with covid, it would cap his incredible story so well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

What an absolute club legend he is! He looked so sharp today.

He seems to have adapted his game for the 2 upfront so well. I like it how he breaks to the left as he can either shoot, cut back, or most importantly play it into Nacho on his favoured left foot as that wouldn't be as effective from the right with Nacho having to either work it on to his left or let it come across his body. 

Also you could see what it meant to Jamie at the end. I really really really hope he gets the winner in the final, it would be so fitting.

What a guy! 

Club legend is an understatement, our best ever player

Just now, twister said:

If he wins the facup at wembley

can you imagine even with covid, it would cap his incredible story so well

The film will be brilliant. Scores 11 in a row and wins the league etc... Then gets written off again but wins the FA cup! 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

2nd half h3 decided enough was enough and he'd run this town

Big players take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it.

Yeah he's declining but class players have that moment.

• Like 4

It’s always interesting how people see things differently. I thought he was his recent usual self - trying to make something happen, but caught offside a few times, drifting out wide in search of opportunities and missed a chance you’d expect him to score. 

obviously he did really well for the goal. 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

It’s always interesting how people see things differently. I thought he was his recent usual self - trying to make something happen, but caught offside a few times, drifting out wide in search of opportunities and missed a chance you’d expect him to score. 

obviously he did really well for the goal. 

That chance he missed, I can't remember that many of those chances from that angle on his left foot that he's scored over the years. I was surprised how much our fans thought it was a sitter.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

That chance he missed, I can't remember that many of those chances from that angle on his left foot that he's scored over the years. I was surprised how much our fans thought it was a sitter.

Definitely not a sitter, no. I was more surprised that he took that touch. Thought he’d take it first time. 

Similar to the chance vs Man U in the QF. You see the chance open up and you think ‘here we go’ but alas...