Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just the 21 combined PL goals and assists this season behind only Kane, Son, Salah & Fernandes, obviously finished. :facepalm:

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/stats/premier-league-by-season/premier-league-2020-21/premier-league-combined-goals-assists-2020-21/

No way is he finished, but we are overplaying him because we have few other options especially with Barnes injured.

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Definitely wasn’t but definitely isn’t the same Jamie Vardy anymore. Newcastle back line is shocking. Didn’t offer hardly anything. Looks like a league 1 striker. 

He isn’t scoring but his overall play is still good. Got an assist. Looked lods better with Perez in behind than Maddison

He shouldn't be playing.

Maybe he gets an assist, but his first touch, shooting and overall play is so shocking that it's like playing with 10 men. And with James Maddison also on the pitch, it's like playing with 9.

I'd think I'd go as far as playing Perez instead of Vardy, and Praet (is he fit?) instead of Maddison. And yes, I know that sounds shocking, but that's how far we've fallen.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

Just now, Charl91 said:

He shouldn't be playing.

Maybe he gets an assist, but his first touch, shooting and overall play is so shocking that it's like playing with 10 men. And with James Maddison also on the pitch, it's like playing with 9.

I don't disagree, but what choice do we have? Unless we revert to a 4-2-3-1, who do we then partner with Kel? We have no options at all. Perez has been rank in the 10 role behind one striker, Maddison is having maybe his worst spell with us yet and without Barnes we'd be playing subpar wingers/wide forwards.

Watching him butcher chances week in week out over the past five months - and miscontrol the ball and misplace passes with equal frequency - is a torture I never thought we would have to endure. 

You hope that by some miracle he will score the winner in the cup final and cement his legend as the greatest ever Leicester striker - but sadly the way he is playing he is more likely to miss a huge chance. I certainly wouldn’t trust him if we were awarded a penalty...

If he's carrying an injury, and if so for a long time, I'm willing to cut him some slack before casting him off to become a bench player. 

Knowing what he's like he's probably just forcing himself through the pain barrier as well as just generally wanting to play and get out of this form.

I don't think he's finished. I think, like a lot of our players, they just need a proper refresh over the summer. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If he's carrying an injury, and if so for a long time, I'm willing to cut him some slack before casting him off to become a bench player. 

Knowing what he's like he's probably just forcing himself through the pain barrier as well as just generally wanting to play and get out of this form.

I don't think he's finished. I think, like a lot of our players, they just need a proper refresh over the summer. 

If, and its a big if, this horrific form is injury related, then it's pretty selfish to try and play through it and damage the strength of the team as a result. If he needs a rest, rest him, we can't be any worse without him at the minute. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Watching him butcher chances week in week out over the past five months - and miscontrol the ball and misplace passes with equal frequency - is a torture I never thought we would have to endure. 

You hope that by some miracle he will score the winner in the cup final and cement his legend as the greatest ever Leicester striker - but sadly the way he is playing he is more likely to miss a huge chance. I certainly wouldn’t trust him if we were awarded a penalty...

..... Nacho would step up, take the ball off Vardy and.................

You know the rest.

He is finished, he's 35 next season folks! Look at his form since returning. You're not insulting your first born by saying it. He's a legend, arguably our GOAT but he's now finished as an effective outlet for a side striving for European football each season. Have a little cry, get it out your system and move on.

• Like 1

In the cup final, it will go one of two ways for him

Either the game will pass him by, with his runs being snuffed out

Or he'll win it for us with a moment of Vardy magic, that we've loved from him many times over the last few years!