Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

25 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

His goal celebration was very subdued compared to his normal ones . 

The celebration of someone who is fully concentrating on the job in hand. He knows this could be another very special season if we navigate the next 7 games correctly.

Edited by walkerleeds
  • Like 2

He looks more confident when he is flying down the wing to set nacho up then he does with chances himself at the min but what a player he is. Would love nothing more than if he scored the winner to get us the top 4 then a hat trick to sink Chelsea in the fa cup final just to top off everything else he has done for us 

35 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

A man lacking confidence, never seen him celebrate like that. Understandable though, his last two goals the keeper has give him an open net and his most recent one the keeper dived out the way of :D

I do love the fact that no matter how he's performing, he never shys away from the ball. That takes incredible mental strength and is a real testament to the man's character

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Thought the same. Think he must miss the fans more than any other player. Haven't looked at the numbers but I'm sure he has scored more goals away than at home. I know teams away normally are more open but I think he needs to be wound up to be at his best. Still got a vivid picture of that goal he scored against Sheffield United last season. 

• Like 1

Vardy scored one and set up another last night following a huge performance in the FA Cup Semi, but is it just me that feels like he’s still somewhat out of sorts?

He just seems uncharacteristically sloppy in possession at times and doesn’t seem to be playing with the same self belief? Scuffed shots, loose touches, checking back rather than being direct..,

Vardy is by far my all time favourite City player despite having watched legends like Lineker, Walsh, Izzet etc. I still think we will see one last spell of a  Vardy goalscoring spree in his last season - which will either be next season. Or the one after in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Vardy scored one and set up another last night following a huge performance in the FA Cup Semi, but is it just me that feels like he’s still somewhat out of sorts?

He just seems uncharacteristically sloppy in possession at times and doesn’t seem to be playing with the same self belief? Scuffed shots, loose touches, checking back rather than being direct..,

Vardy is by far my all time favourite City player despite having watched legends like Lineker, Walsh, Izzet etc. I still think we will see one last spell of a  Vardy goalscoring spree in his last season - which will either be next season. Or the one after in my opinion.

He been very good the last few games, after a few hard months after he's op.

I think he's still finding he's form after being rushed back from his OP. 

It would be very Vardy like to hit a purple patch, he seems to score in clumps.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He been very good the last few games, after a few hard months after he's op.

I think he's still finding he's form after being rushed back from his OP. 

It would be very Vardy like to hit a purple patch, he seems to score in clumps.

Yeah - I’ve noticed that since the Pearson era we are a team that goes on runs and they often coincide with the form of Mr Vardy (until Kel stepped up!!)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’ve been saying for ages that he is not himself ..  playing at perhaps 90% of his ability.  My guess is that he has a niggling injury that needs either another op or a sustained period of rest ..  as he is such an important talisman for us and even at 90% still good enough the injury is being hidden and will only be mentioned at the end of the season.  The good news imo is that this is not ‘the fading star’ that the media is now banging on about and next season he will be back to his deadly best. 

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

You can now get your very own licensed Chat Shit Get Banged merch.... 😬 Vardy's surely sold the rights to the phrase to some company, there's no way he's behind this surely lol

FD089DE3-9A42-4382-BD36-7AAF468C250B.jpeg

Sure I read that theyve both been trying to get that trademarked for a while. 

Cant wait to see Bernie in one.