Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

What might have been for wolves yourself and everton.....

All of you could have got that fourth place with better results against the bottom half.

I honestly think outside of our strikers and Ozil on a good day, that  I  don't think we're any better than you in fact you have more width and better full backs than us in Chilwell and co, United are average have been all year riding their luck to wins and chelski hazard aside are on the wrong side of 30 as a side.

If you think how you have beaten city, Chelsea away , got a point of Liverpool then with Rodgers all year rather than an old  Claude Puel, you  maybe you might have got top four

Next year could get interesting, wolves look some side if they are more consistent next year and we all know what potential you and Everton have.

They key is beating sides next season like Norwich, Sheffield United if they come up, palace and co who sit deep and make it difficult to break in the way your side likes to do.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, John12345 said:

Is neves  better than tielemans do you think 

Not even close, Tielemans is averaging more assists and goals per game than him. I read a stat today that Neves has only had 3 touches in the opposition box all season, he's evidently not the same sort of player as Tielemans then.

32 minutes ago, ren said:

Wolves will do well to keep hold of their key stars this summer, Nuno will be sought after as well if next year goes well for them.

They will pump a lot of dough in again this summer whilst they can continue to increase wages significantly. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, twister said:

All of you could have got that fourth place with better results against the bottom half.

I honestly think outside of our strikers and Ozil on a good day, that  I  don't think we're any better than you in fact you have more width and better full backs than us in Chilwell and co, United are average have been all year riding their luck to wins and chelski hazard aside are on the wrong side of 30 as a side.

If you think how you have beaten city, Chelsea away , got a point of Liverpool then with Rodgers all year rather than an old  Claude Puel, you  maybe you might have got top four

Next year could get interesting, wolves look some side if they are more consistent next year and we all know what potential you and Everton have.

They key is beating sides next season like Norwich, Sheffield United if they come up, palace and co who sit deep and make it difficult to break in the way your side likes to do.

Tend to agree.

I look at the Arsenal and Man Utd sides and you could make a case for half the Leicester side to be in both. We'd have been lucky to get one over the last 25 years most other seasons.

Both sides are as poor as I've ever seen them. 

• Like 1

Think the top six will break into 2, 1 and 3 in the current order. Tottenham being 3rd the new Arsenal in 4th. Man Utd are so fundamentally broken they are miles off despite all their power.

I do think us, Wolves or Everton could make the top 6 next year if we had good summers. All three need some refining but all have signs of good sides.

I think physcology has a lot to do with it. I agree that we aren't far off United, Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment but because of your successful pasts, teams expect to come up against a top side and may sit back and give too much respect when these teams could be got at. Consequently, the inevitable happens and these teams haven't dropped as many points as they should have. 

I definitely think the big six is turning into a big three with Pool, Spurs and Man City. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Can they do that though? With how FFP currently works? Genuine question as tbh it sorta confuses me.. 

No maximum 10% increase per season. We got a special dispensation the summer of 2016. Reason being a huge increase of TV money plus champions league money. Wolves have no reason to be aloud to break that rule. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think physcology has a lot to do with it. I agree that we aren't far off United, Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment but because of your successful pasts, teams expect to come up against a top side and may sit back and give too much respect when these teams could be got at. Consequently, the inevitable happens and these teams haven't dropped as many points as they should have. 

I definitely think the big six is turning into a big three with Pool, Spurs and Man City. 

This is a great point and something thats always been an issue in the Premier League era. You only have to look at what happened to Man United once players (and referees :ph34r:) stopped showing them a ridiculous amount of respect.

The top 6 in the Premier League is actually a big issue now, and one that isn't actually spoken about enough. The brand is reliant on these teams finishing in the top 6 now. If they don't, the noises about European Super Leagues get louder and louder. It's a very scary time for competitive sport when there are essentially (in their eyes) 6 businesses creating so much more money for themselves and the league commercially. Our title win was great for the story of sport for a season, but literally everything was done by clubs to ensure it didnt happen again in the years after. I can only imagine the repercussions if 2 teams broke into that top 6 next season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This is a great point and something thats always been an issue in the Premier League era. You only have to look at what happened to Man United once players (and referees :ph34r:) stopped showing them a ridiculous amount of respect.

The top 6 in the Premier League is actually a big issue now, and one that isn't actually spoken about enough. The brand is reliant on these teams finishing in the top 6 now. If they don't, the noises about European Super Leagues get louder and louder. It's a very scary time for competitive sport when there are essentially (in their eyes) 6 businesses creating so much more money for themselves and the league commercially. Our title win was great for the story of sport for a season, but literally everything was done by clubs to ensure it didnt happen again in the years after. I can only imagine the repercussions if 2 teams broke into that top 6 next season. 

Conversely, one could argue that because the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc increased the level in the league again, it enabled clubs like Everton, us, and Wolves to actually improve our own quality as we chased that level. Because the teams at the top of the table are now so much fuller with talent, they are less likely to poach our better players which gives us a bigger window of time to improve our squads. And thankfully, Arsenal and Spurs are too poor to directly poach players off of us consistently now, which means that realistically, only Chelsea and United pose a consistent threat to mid-table clubs in terms of buying players as Liverpool and City are already massively stacked. Also, aside the big La Liga clubs, no foreign clubs are likely to pay up for our players. This means that we can build up our quality again and hopefully, eventually, start challenging the Top 6 again.

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Absolutely - Its very much these clubs wanting to become a monopoly to try and protect their power. In fact if anything like this is seriously proposed I would genuinely want the competition commission or the sporting equivalent to investigate as this is actually going to take the opportunity for clubs like us to ever compete with the so called big clubs.

Another thing for me which has to be looked at more seriously is FFP - how Man City or PSG especially are not complying with the rules or finding loopholes yet clubs like Birmingham doing a similar thing are given points deduction. The hypocrisy is scary and it could be deemed a case of one rule for the big clubs and another for everyone else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Can they do that though? With how FFP currently works? Genuine question as tbh it sorta confuses me.. 

Man City get away with this FFP nonsense every season Suzie.  So I too am confused.   I suppose we could get around this by King Power chucking 50M a year on Shirt Sponsorship?   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

No maximum 10% increase per season. We got a special dispensation the summer of 2016. Reason being a huge increase of TV money plus champions league money. Wolves have no reason to be aloud to break that rule. 

Unless you have a favourable agent supplying you £30m players at £5m :ph34r:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Unless you have a favourable agent supplying you £30m players at £5m :ph34r:

It's nothing to do with the price of the player purely how much you can raise your wage bill each season. Just because your not spending your income in transfers you can't spend it all in wages. 

This EOS run in,now we can make a small comparison..

Wolves beat Arsenal,after a tremendous season back in the PL,

Ourselves have fought for 9-7th placing s

Everton again under achieving,but hitting back..

Watford this season haven t bottled out to 12-14 th they have kept up the chase for top 7....

All of us guilty of being inconsisistent,but from the 4 ,I believe we have Played the worst football,but also occasionally kicked into gear!!

So this weekend we play Arsenal at home..can we do a Wolves on them???

Our squad can show it's fans how far they have come..from quality,team-spirit,and importantly football intelligence and mind-set!!!

We can compare this weekend with Wolves,it's time after 3 seasons to stand up!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Newly promoted teams I think can expand their wage structure for a few years at a higher rate than the rest. I think this is why we have slowed down massively because we have now been in the PL for 5 seasons. They also seemingly get players on loan or for very low prices compared to what other clubs would have to pay for them, they are on a right cushty gig.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

None of us are near good enough, we win one week and lose the next for good reason. The league is stacking up near enough as per clubs budgets yet again, other than a few outliers. 

I think what frustrates us, Wolves and Everton fans is how impressive the results have been against the elite sides compared with a string of abysmal results vs the mediocre sides. I know it's never going to be plain sailing but it does feel like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd have all been very ordinary this season and the chasing pack have taken a lot of points off them yet we are all still the best part of 15-20+ points behind them. Under Puel we were embarrassing at home for over a year and let's hope Rodgers can blend being more equipped to beat our bread and butter as well as being capable of the odd bigger scalp. I do believe the top 6 can be gotten at, but right now it's so easy for them even when they are crap themselves by their own standards because ther chasing pack are busy tripping themselves up against dog muck.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think what frustrates us, Wolves and Everton fans is how impressive the results have been against the elite sides compared with a string of abysmal results vs the mediocre sides. I know it's never going to be plain sailing but it does feel like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd have all been very ordinary this season and the chasing pack have taken a lot of points off them yet we are all still the best part of 15-20+ points behind them. Under Puel we were embarrassing at home for over a year and let's hope Rodgers can blend being more equipped to beat our bread and butter as well as being capable of the odd bigger scalp. I do believe the top 6 can be gotten at, but right now it's so easy for them even when they are crap themselves by their own standards because ther chasing pack are busy tripping themselves up against dog muck.

In reality it's very hard to assemble a group of players who can combat all styles of football, without huge amounts of money to spend. And it's not that easy even with it (see Man U, Arsenal etc). 

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This is very true and does my head in.

These clubs believe they are some sort of cartel now and think they have a god given right to Champions League football just because of their so called brand and balance sheet as opposed to getting there on merit by what they do on the park, which is how it should be.

Smacks of a spoiled toddler approach whereby they threaten to take their ball and go home and form their own league and what's worse UEFA pander to it year on year.

They should call their bluff and let these clubs go and do their own thing and they'd soon come crawling back when they release they have sold their souls to play what would be glorified friendlies, against the same sides year on year in places like China, the middle east and the US.

Rant over lol!

• Like 2