Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maybe they have been, who knows? It’s not hard to grasp. My missus has done mine every time and she’s never done it before. 

Are you telling me your missus has set you up with a sharp skin fade? lol

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Maybe they have been, who knows? It’s not hard to grasp. My missus has done mine every time and she’s never done it before. 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Are you telling me your missus has set you up with a sharp skin fade? lol

Yeah my old dear has given me a 2 all over during lockdown, but some of the do's on show were obviously done by someone who knows what they were doing.

Not sure this is the right place for this, but I was watching MOTD last night and there was a proper 3rd eye moment. As the whistle went for the players to take the knee at Everton, whoever was on the left wing for Liverpool at that moment forgot what he was doing, because as everyone else knelt, he went haring off down the wing. It was somewhat incongruous.

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not sure this is the right place for this, but I was watching MOTD last night and there was a proper 3rd eye moment. As the whistle went for the players to take the knee at Everton, whoever was on the left wing for Liverpool at that moment forgot what he was doing, because as everyone else knelt, he went haring off down the wing. It was somewhat incongruous.

Yeah I spotted that at Kick off as well, Mane didn’t get the memo by the looks of it 🤣

On 07/06/2020 at 12:55, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We first went top after gameweek 13.

We went top after beating Stoke 3-0 on Sat 23rd January (gameweek 23) and were never shifted after that.

Gameweeks at top:

21 Leicester

12 Man City (all in first 14 gameweeks)

4 Arsenal (gameweeks 19-22)

1 Man U (gameweek 7)

That season :trumpet:

How the feck could you miss.

Spuds 13 MINUTES.

• Haha 1

Observation here - pace and acceleration are going to be the most important asset to any team for the next 3 to 4 games. 

Drier pitches and a lack of match fitness make it really hard for defenders to match acceleration of wingers or strikers. This weekend alone we've had Sarr, Bergwijn, Traore, Saint Maximin all play huge parts for their teams. We looked better as Gray stretched the play. We've gotta utilise the likes of Barnes to do the same for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think that tonight's match is the 12th and marks the end of BLM on the back of shirts to be replaced by the usual player names. Could this also be the last 'knee' match? 

Who do we think is going down? Taking into account what I saw at the weekend, their issues and their run-in I've gone for Norwich, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. West Ham were poor but after the next two games which are Tottenham and Chelsea they've got a reasonable run-in. Watford's run-in is a little tricky but they've got a few winnable games and with Pearson as manager and players like Hughes, Doucoure, Deeney, Foster etc. they've got experienced who are prepared to scrap for everything. Brighton still aren't out of it but they've got breathing space. Norwich are down, Villa and Bournemouth have both got difficult remaining fixtures and they look the most vulnerable. If Villa lose their next game which is away at Newcastle then they're in great danger. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Who do we think is going down? Taking into account what I saw at the weekend, their issues and their run-in I've gone for Norwich, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. West Ham were poor but after the next two games which are Tottenham and Chelsea they've got a reasonable run-in. Watford's run-in is a little tricky but they've got a few winnable games and with Pearson as manager and players like Hughes, Doucoure, Deeney, Foster etc. they've got experienced who are prepared to scrap for everything. Brighton still aren't out of it but they've got breathing space. Norwich are down, Villa and Bournemouth have both got difficult remaining fixtures and they look the most vulnerable. If Villa lose their next game which is away at Newcastle then they're in great danger. 

Norwich, Villa and West Ham for me. 

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Norwich, Villa and West Ham for me. 

I understand that because they've been poor but they've got Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Villa and Newcastle in their remaining fixtures so we'll in their hands. If they fail to stay up they only have themselves to blame. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I understand that because they've been poor but they've got Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Villa and Newcastle in their remaining fixtures so we'll in their hands. If they fail to stay up they only have themselves to blame. 

That's a double edged sword though isn't it.

Hopefully they are as bad as they seem and then they have no hope against Burnley or Watford, the norwich and Villa matches turn into 6 pointers which can hurt them even more.

I'd like West Ham to be relegated and Villa, would like Norwich to pull off a miracle escape but can't see it. Sadly Bournemouth are so poor that I think West Ham will stay up.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

That's a double edged sword though isn't it.

Hopefully they are as bad as they seem and then they have no hope against Burnley or Watford, the norwich and Villa matches turn into 6 pointers which can hurt them even more.

I'd like West Ham to be relegated and Villa, would like Norwich to pull off a miracle escape but can't see it. Sadly Bournemouth are so poor that I think West Ham will stay up.

I do think they've got enough to scrape 3 or 4 wins which will probably be enough. I'm struggling to see Villa and Bournemouth getting 3 or 4 wins from their remaining games. 

Edited by BenTheFox

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Observation here - pace and acceleration are going to be the most important asset to any team for the next 3 to 4 games. 

Drier pitches and a lack of match fitness make it really hard for defenders to match acceleration of wingers or strikers. This weekend alone we've had Sarr, Bergwijn, Traore, Saint Maximin all play huge parts for their teams. We looked better as Gray stretched the play. We've gotta utilise the likes of Barnes to do the same for us. 

The issue is that Barnes came back with mud in his boots. Didn’t get at them at all. 

Demari has to start the next game really. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I think that tonight's match is the 12th and marks the end of BLM on the back of shirts to be replaced by the usual player names. Could this also be the last 'knee' match? 

I know we didn't have names on shirts in the olden days but I've found it rather annoying without them.

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Because unless their partner (or someone they live with) is doing it, they've been breaking the social distancing rules.

Personally I've worked out since lockdown just how easy cutting hair is. It is very easy and two months ago I had never attempted it. 

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I do think they've got enough to scrape 3 or 4 wins which will probably be enough. I'm struggling to see Villa and Bournemouth getting 3 or 4 wins from their remaining games. 

i think Bournemouth could actually struggle to pick up any points at all. They have a horrendous run in with , with Wolves and Newcastle the next two games before consecutive matches against united, spurs, us and man city.

The writing is surely on the wall for them, Norwich are goners and that leaves one from Watford, Villa and West ham. I think NP will keep Watford up but it will be a close thing between Villa and WHU. Hope Villa stay up as it will no doubt give our GD a boost next season.

I was reading KUMB after the weekends result, and the WHU fans are resigned to relegation. The team has no fight or togetherness, and the manager is a negative, tactically inept guy with all the fight knocked out of him after managing Man Utd. His post-match comments made us sound like they were playing Real Madrid not Wolves. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I was reading KUMB after the weekends result, and the WHU fans are resigned to relegation. The team has no fight or togetherness, and the manager is a negative, tactically inept guy with all the fight knocked out of him after managing Man Utd. His post-match comments made us sound like they were playing Real Madrid not Wolves. 

I still think they will shithouse some points to scrape survival. They could be in real trouble if they go down. 

Norwich are too far behind, Aston Villa don't look convincing at all, West Ham and Bournemouth look as bad as each other, Watford have spirit and a manager used to dealing with end of season pressure so they should be ok, Brighton probably with another four points will have enough.

Norwich, Aston Villa to go, can't split West Ham or Bournemouth.

• Like 1