Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

One thing I wont miss next season is having a moan about the solidarity point we've taken off Norwich everytime they play. lol

I'm sure Norwich felt a feeling of solidarity, but I think you meant solitary! 

32 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They've been promoted for one day!

You think they're gonna have Bamford leading in the line when the season starts? lol

I don't like them, but people writing them off already is just ridiculous 

Not writing them off. Just saying they need a striker.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Leeds have signed Nketiah and the fella from Leipzeig and Bamford has managed to keep his starting spot. Dont write him off just yet haha

Nketiah went back to Arsenal and the guy from Leipzig got badly injured in January :dunno:

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nketiah went back to Arsenal and the guy from Leipzig got badly injured in January :dunno:

Yep, because Bamford was preferred and he wasnt playing. Didn't realise Augustin had got injured. I know Bielsa loves Bamford for the work he does in the system

Whowver comes in will have to be able to match that. I wonder if they will go back in for Roofe

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yep, because Bamford was preferred and he wasnt playing. Didn't realise Augustin had got injured. I know Bielsa loves Bamford for the work he does in the system

Whowver comes in will have to be able to match that. I wonder if they will go back in for Roofe

I thought it was cos Arsenal wanted him back for their Europa League games. Either way, I think they'll have to reinforce there. Bamford isn't good enough to lead the line in the Premier League. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought it was cos Arsenal wanted him back for their Europa League games. Either way, I think they'll have to reinforce there. Bamford isn't good enough to lead the line in the Premier League. 

I would tend to agree, but did anyone think Diddsy McGoldrick and McBurnie would lead Sheff Utd to top 8? Haha

It's mad what a good system and players that know their roles can do for you

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Appreciate no one is a fan of the drinks breaks, but do we need the same discussion of why they're ridiculous and that they disagree with them in commentary 

They were a good idea when first implemented- we were playing a lot of matches in a short space of time in hot weather at kick-off times that often occurred during the warmest part of the day.

The fact they've been used as tactical time outs shouldn't take away from the original idea which was absolutely fine. Just people moaning for the sake of it.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

They were a good idea when first implemented- we were playing a lot of matches in a short space of time in hot weather at kick-off times that often occurred during the warmest part of the day.

The fact they've been used as tactical time outs shouldn't take away from the original idea which was absolutely fine. Just people moaning for the sake of it.

Agree that initially they were great, helped players with the hectic schedule when the season first restarted.  

They're just being taken advantage of now, very much hoping they're axed after this season. 

Just read an article that we can still mathematically finish 6th but Man Utd can't. How's that then? Surely either is possible if either one of us lost the last 2 by huge margins and Wolves win their last 2 by large margins? 

Also, does 4th mean you have to play a final CL qualifying round to get in? I thought that was scrapped in recent years? The article is hopefully pony.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just read an article that we can still mathematically finish 6th but Man Utd can't. How's that then? Surely either is possible if either one of us lost the last 2 by huge margins and Wolves win their last 2 by large margins? 

Also, does 4th mean you have to play a final CL qualifying round to get in? I thought that was scrapped in recent years? The article is hopefully pony.

We can still technically finish sixth, that would however require a 20 goal turn around with Wolves scoring 19 and is not scoring over the last 2 games.

No qualifying rounds for English teams in Europe apart from the team that finishes sixth would have to go through Europa League qualifying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

We can still technically finish sixth, that would however require a 20 goal turn around with Wolves scoring 19 and is not scoring over the last 2 games.

No qualifying rounds for English teams in Europe apart from the team that finishes sixth would have to go through Europa League qualifying.

But of we can finish 6th, so can Man Utd too, surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But of we can finish 6th, so can Man Utd too, surely?

Absolutely, not sure why the article Doesn’t acknowledge this, it would only require a 17 goal turn around for Man Utd to finish 6. 
If we manage a positive result against Spurs it would be funny if Wolves beat Palace by 5 or 6 just to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

In reality, It would be highly unlikely for Wolves to finish above 5th.

The only thing I think is whoever wrote the article thinks there’s a small chance of Wolves say winning 6-0 against Palace and 4 -0 against Chelsea.

And its more likely we lose both of our games 5-0 than it is Man Utd lose 5-0 against us and West Ham.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The only thing I think is whoever wrote the article thinks there’s a small chance of Wolves say winning 6-0 against Palace and 4 -0 against Chelsea.

And its more likely we lose both of our games 5-0 than it is Man Utd lose 5-0 against us and West Ham.

Yeah its done with that whole percentage chart thing, so I'm guessing they think there's 0% chance of Man Utd finishing 6th. Really though they should show a 0.1% chance on the grid, because no matter how unlikely its still possible.

Plus Man Utd don't have to lose two games 5-0, as their advantage over wolves is 17 goals, so not only do their defeats have to be smaller, so do wolves victories.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Nah all top 4 go straight in to group stage. 

So whether we go 4th or 5th, it's no qualifying round and less games at start of the season! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

See Frankie Lamps calling out Manure getting the rub of the green. 

13 penalties awarded for and 7 goals against chalked off by VAR.   We will not be playing UCL football next season, even if by some miracle we secured a win against Spuds today. 

Ole Gunnar - Shaftyou has already passed the script to Stockley Park for next Sunday.

Best bit was Ole replying saying other managers are creating a narrative about them, but completely ignored the Villa penalty. In fact he used their 2nd penalty vs Spurs that was overruled as reasoning VAR isn't supporting them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Best bit was Ole replying saying other managers are creating a narrative about them, but completely ignored the Villa penalty. In fact he used their 2nd penalty vs Spurs that was overruled as reasoning VAR isn't supporting them. 

Ole trained by the best ....SAF .....

• Like 1